Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learfield trying to get out of paying contracts

vCash

Learfield trying to get out of paying contracts

vCash
    College Athletics, as we know it, are done as soon as no football takes place. Power 5 might all survive. G5 many, if not most won't. Learfield/Img won't be able to honor contracts. Not possible.

vCash
    Wait for ESPN to follow soon afterward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    College Athletics, as we know it, are done as soon as no football takes place. Power 5 might all survive. G5 many, if not most won't. Learfield/Img won't be able to honor contracts. Not possible.
    Yep keep things shut down so we can rot on the vine.

vCash
    There will be football with fans. I suspect some changes. Could be anything from shorten season, late start, spring season, limited number of fans all required to wear a mask. Many things can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    There will be football with fans. I suspect some changes. Could be anything from shorten season, late start, spring season, limited number of fans all required to wear a mask. Many things can do.
    I was with you 6 weeks ago. Today, not so much. I'm not in charge. If I were we"d play. But if I were betting TODAY, we won't have college sports in 2020 and best case, w 25% fans. And I'd love to be wrong. The panic can't be overcome

vCash
    I was with you 6 weeks ago. Today, not so much. I'm not in charge. If I were we"d play. But if I were betting TODAY, we won't have college sports in 2020 and best case, w 25% fans. And I'd love to be wrong. The panic can't be overcome
    Man this makes me nervous cause when you stay stuff, you're rarely if ever wrong.

vCash
    I agree. And we did it to ourselves. Miscommunication constantly from the top and people refusing to wear mask to make political statements. It's a damn shame we couldn't all pull together and manage this responsibly.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Saying we do play...If only 25% of the stadium is full, wouldn't that mean more eyeballs are watching on tv? Seems like ESPN and the like would love a scenario like that. And help them pay the bills. So you know the networks are going to push for it. They definitely have a seat at the table of the decision makers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I agree. And we did it to ourselves. Miscommunication constantly from the top and people refusing to wear mask to make political statements. It's a damn shame we couldn't all pull together and manage this responsibly.
    While I won't disagree w anything you said, I'm not sure it would have mattered. One case makes people freak.

vCash
    If we are going to play, it's going to take real leadership. And balls.
    You need leadership that is not afraid to be criticized when the mob comes after them for making a decision to play in spite of positive cases.

Somebody has to step and say we're playing and we know there will be positive cases. If the response to positive cases is to not play, we might as well cancel it all now.

vCash
    I'm really surprised there hasn't been a real push for players being paid leading up to this season. Seems they'd be all over it and use this "dangerous" virus to their advantage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You need leadership that is not afraid to be criticized when the mob comes after them for making a decision to play in spite of positive cases.

Somebody has to step and say we're playing and we know there will be positive cases. If the response to positive cases is to not play, we might as well cancel it all now.
    Yep. All true

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

Someone has to look after the well being of the Student-Athletes as well.

vCash
    I say shut the whole education system down until we have a vaccine..... furlough all employees and mothball all of the buildings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The athletes well being is a heck of a lot better now, playing sports...just imagine the impact it will have on them and their families if they don?t play...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I say shut the whole education system down until we have a vaccine..... furlough all employees and mothball all of the buildings.
    Are you serious? Hopefully not!

vCash
    If we don't play, and SEC network revenue comes into question, it could really put a kink in the current athletic budgets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    So you think we are looking our for them less than being at home??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    If we don't play, and SEC network revenue comes into question, it could really put a kink in the current athletic budgets.
    If we don't play you can rest assured the 45 mil we got from the leagues is going to be about 1/10 of that.