Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nike removes all Redskins gear from site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoRubio View Post
    Rational thought need not apply.

Facts? Who needs that when we can operate on emotion?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I do find it odd that fedex is offended, but not natives
    When is FedEX going to stop supporting the rebels? Can't speak out of both sides of their mouth.

Thank goodness there isn't a Mississippi Rednecks or Alabama Crackers team, surely it would be next...

vCash
    I hate to be the guy to say this but if you think Fedex or another big company will standup as an “American” or “Patriot” company... you will be terribly disappointed. That’s over. Jim Simmons, DE Shaw, Steve Schawrtzman, Waltons, Buffett, Mrs Steve Jobs, and Jeff Bezos are all paying dues to Black Lives Matter and many other left wing organizations. Simmons, Shaw, and Jobs actually run their own version of activists organization. Go see “Emerson Collective” run and operated by Jobs.

Other smaller companies in the Fortune 500 are doing the same. Go checkout Fortiv Corporation. This is a little giant company.

Trump might as well go for broke and declare “ black reparations “ and say that everybody above $1B fortune will pay on a graduated schedule a sum of $14T. With Foundations and other tax shelters NOT excluded.

This would put the giants in a vice and give every black citizen with slave roots stocks and dollars. Brilliant. What does Joe Blow care who owns Apple and Google Stock? Might as well be the black folks of Oktobbeha and Philadelphia county. Awesome for Mississippi. Building Boom!

Instead of letting someone else divide and conquer the USA. You divide and conquer the left. Black folks are not the violent anachist that ANTIFA says, they would be good stewards of $14T versus all these weird billionaires with drug addict kids.

I’m not talking reparations via scholarships, assigned psychologists, and lower rent in ghettos. That’s liberal reparations to keep black folks feeling dependent. I’m talking instant cash and wealth now. Economic boom.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You know it's white people leading the charge. We white people always let the minorities know what they should be offended by.
    Bullshit. People can get offended and most of the time white people don't even get it
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    What are the next profession teams to change their names?
    Ethnic groups:
    Braves
    Chiefs
    Indians
    Blackhawks

Non ethnic:
    Saints - Nothing With religious connotations
    Patriots - Can't have another Trump in the Whitehouse
    Browns - Named after their first part owner, head coach and team management that kept blacks out of the league. Also may be confused with being Mexican.
    Cowboys- was originally going to be the Rangers but there was a minor league baseball team already using that name. Most cowboys were white.
    Rangers - It's already known that the Texas Rangers are associated with racial law enforcement. Also see Cowboys.
    Vikings - White Blonde/Red headed men raping and pillaging throughout Europe and Scandinavia at will.
    Packers - Named after the Indian Packing Co.

I could go on but where does this sh!t stop.
    Braves and Cheifs are neither on the same level as Redskins and Indians. Redskin is a racist term, and Indians isn't even accurate and they have the racist looking indian guy. The Seminoles, Braves, and Cheifs are all atleast not racist in and of themselves.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    FedEx pressuring NFL and skins owner to change name.

I wonder if all these offended white people have asked the Native Americans what they think?

Just another reason that I will never, EVER again own ANYTHING with a Nike emblem on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Braves and Cheifs are neither on the same level as Redskins and Indians. Redskin is a racist term, and Indians isn't even accurate and they have the racist looking indian guy. The Seminoles, Braves, and Cheifs are all atleast not racist in and of themselves.
    Chief Wahoo has been removed from the Cleveland Indians for a few years now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Bullshit. People can get offended and most of the time white people don't even get it
    Why are you calling me white people? I'm offended

Redskin is a racist term

and yet they are not offended by it as the poll shows.

vCash
    While I don't think the Redskin term is quite the blatant racial slur a lot of people claim it to be (nowhere near the same level as the n-word or several others), and it's usually not native Americans leading these charges, I'm pretty sure that poll was deeply flawed. It called people who 'self-identified' as Native American and didn't really take into account someone's actual heritage or level of involvement in a tribe, etc.

There was another poll conducted by someone else a year or so ago that had the number offended by it at like 65%. And there are definitely native Americans who do protest and publicly call for it to change.

So let's not act like it's totally just made up. I agree that Braves and Chiefs are respectful and seem to honor, similar to Seminoles. But Redskins seems a bit different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    ^^^^This^^^ Woke White Person is the thing now...they think know what is right for different races, genders, non-binarys, coefficients etc and instructs them on what to be offended by.
    If White people see something as racist, should they just keep it to themselves? The mere fact that someone would suggest that the color of your skin qualifies your opinion on racial issues is in and of itself, racist, by definition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    The mere fact that someone would suggest that the color of your skin qualifies your opinion on racial issues is in and of itself, racist, by definition.

This is gloriously and wonderfully fantastic....

I wish everyone would dig it's contextual irony....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Jeez folks ... Racism is alive and well in EVERY damn culture and ethnicity ... no one particular race has a monopoly on it but yet so many want to play the victim ... enough is enough
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Fred Smith is a minority owner of the Redskins. As you know, he also owns FedEx - to which has the naming rights to the field that the Redskins play on.

It's almost like the company paid for naming rights, to which a portion of that went into the owner's pockets. Nice way to take corporate dollars and convert them to personal dollars.

I would suggest that Mr. Smith is more "woke" with dollar signs than he is with equality.

vCash
    Team names were originally chosen to instill a sense of respect, toughness, intensity, and awe in the opposing team. It was not meant to be a racist name at all. Liberals have turned words and their meanings on their heads so now everything under the sun is offensive.

It was an honor to have a team name named after you or your group/organization.

What will be the team names of the future - the pansies? Oh yeah, that does it for me! Whoo hoo!!
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 07-06-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Nike virtue signaling about a pro football team's name while actively enslaving Asian children to make their woke gear is absolutely comical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If White people see something as racist, should they just keep it to themselves? The mere fact that someone would suggest that the color of your skin qualifies your opinion on racial issues is in and of itself, racist, by definition.
    I see you follow the critical race theory. Interesting.

vCash
    Another spineless and clueless CEO pandering to lunatics in society. What is new? When will the insanity stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Another spineless and clueless CEO pandering to lunatics in society. What is new? When will the insanity stop.
    And you really care, because...?
    Seriously, Redskins or Indians or the MS state flag are not the hills I am going to die on defending. We all know they have racist connotations or at least undertones.

There are real things to fight for in this country, like proper funding for education, social programs, individual rights, healthcare legislation. Some of you will never look or contemplate someone else's point of view for a dang second. You are too special. Hell I am as left as they come, but I still went to a gun and knife show on July 4th. I love the 2nd amendment. I love that I can legally own 37 guns with 30 boxes of ammunition. Doesn't mean I do not understand what a well regulated militia was intended to be as described by Hamilton, Jay, and Madison. I also understand the stance that the NRA takes on zero laws against the right to bear arms. We fight for our beliefs, but at some point you have to listen to the other side.

What I hear too often on this site and others, is that the left or the right are totally destroying "our country or way of life". And that is just totally stupid. I would argue that Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, HW, Clinton, W, Obama didn't do a dang thing to destroy any of our ways of life. No one took our guns. No one silenced our voices. No one turned the country gay. No one removed God from anything. No one has proposed to amend the constitution. The only bullshit I can even name was totally against our country was the Senate absolutely refusing to have a hearing on Obama's Supreme Court Justice. That went in the face of all precedents and totally ****ed the system. Mark my words, that will come back up again. Obamacare some would say was a step to far, what has it cost the tax payers? https://www.statnews.com/2019/03/22/...ontrols-costs/ .

No one wants to talk about it, but the sun will rise tomorrow. The world is not ending because someone you do not like is changing what you believe is your lifestyle. I really hope everyone can realize that the name of the Redskins is basically worth two shits. Who really gives a damn? Racism is not going to get a free pass anymore. If you find yourself getting defensive over it.... maybe you should look in the mirror for a second.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    My best friend is black. He laughs at all this BS. He makes fun of BLM and minorities that vote Democrat. His comment to me is that All lives matter. If you put a color in front of that statement then YOU are a racist. I’ll take his opinion over the boards.

vCash
    Elon Musk is a true African American.