Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: George Washington/Thomas Jefferson - 4th of July ... Drawing the line??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well that is just stupid. Of course it is about 17n racist statues and correcting some bullshit that should have been corrected by white people 100 damn years ago. Definitely needed to be corrected at least 50 years ago.
    No it is not, even a leading black member of BLM, just 3 or 4 days ago, criticized the "ruling party" behind BLM - George Soros. This has evolved into an open communist uprising!

See the following: https://www.newsbreak.com/district-o...illion-dollars

And: https://populardemocracy.org/news-an...lives-matter-0

And: https://www.influencewatch.org/movem...-lives-matter/

And the Best one: https://www.yonkerstribune.com/2020/...by-leslie-taha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    No it is not, even a leading black member of BLM, just 3 or 4 days ago, criticized the "ruling party" behind BLM - George Soros.
    Great "sources" as usual. All right leaning, mostly conspiracy theorist outlets for people like you that are looking for the "truth"... that fits their beliefs/agenda. I noticed one likes to use "woke" and "cancel culture" a whole lot. Makes sense based on your posts on ED.

Here's what Media Bias/Fact-check said about one of these sites:

"Overall, we rate Communities Digital News "Right Biased" based on story selection that always favors the Right and Mixed factually due to promotion of conspiracy theories and very poor sourcing."

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Great "sources" as usual. All right leaning, mostly conspiracy theorist outlets for people like you that are looking for the "truth"... that fits their beliefs/agenda. I noticed one likes to use "woke" and "cancel culture" a whole lot. Makes sense based on your posts on ED.

"Overall, we rate Communities Digital News "Right Biased" based on story selection that always favors the Right and Mixed factually due to promotion of conspiracy theories and very poor sourcing."
    That dude used the Bible to justify slavery. He's just a troll and not worth respond to. Turn him to ignore and feel better off with out his racist spiel contaminating your screen.

vCash
    Add "The History Channel" to the mix. Every Independence Day they show "The Men Who Built America". This year, they went a different route. They showed "The Food That Built America" and "The Cars That Made America". Maybe with the exception of Henry Ford, they don't bear the historical significance of some of the founding fathers.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PKADogs55 View Post
    The line is about to be drawn! I get the argument about CERTAIN things (Not EVERY DAMN THING), but its getting to a point where enough is enough. As you stated, now I'M about to start taking offense. Started with the activist, if you want to call him that, asking for all statutes of Jesus to be taken down ... but only if they resembled a White Jesus. It's sort of hard not to start taking this BS personal. I'm not trying to be ugly, or start anything, but the line has been drawn!
    You mean the Jesus statue in the Trump email?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PKADogs55 View Post
    The line is about to be drawn! I get the argument about CERTAIN things (Not EVERY DAMN THING), but its getting to a point where enough is enough. As you stated, now I'M about to start taking offense. Started with the activist, if you want to call him that, asking for all statutes of Jesus to be taken down ... but only if they resembled a White Jesus. It's sort of hard not to start taking this BS personal. I'm not trying to be ugly, or start anything, but the line has been drawn!
    You really shouldn't care what professional troll Shaun King (a white man who pretends to be black) says at all. He isn't liked, respected, or well known at all on the left (for example he does not support Biden's candidacy), and any accolades or importance he claims is entirely made up by himself. His entire business model is to generate clicks from conservatives outraged by the stupid trollish stuff he puts out there. He has no power beyond triggering anger in response to his nonsense.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well that is just stupid. Of course it is about 17n racist statues and correcting some bullshit that should have been corrected by white people 100 damn years ago. Definitely needed to be corrected at least 50 years ago.
    Any historical figure can be made into a villain if you examine their life from the future and judge them by today's standard of what is right and wrong.

Martin Luther King was a womanizer and homophobe. Obvious enemy of equal rights for LGBTQ community. CANCEL

FDR - Made the decision in WWII to send all Japanese Americans to concentration camps for the duration of the war. Obvious bigot. CANCEL

So what. great men don't have flaws? Of course they do. Does that make their accomplishments not count ? Of course not.

Also, it's pretty easy to see these flaws from the future, like you are doing. I hope someone takes a look at your extremely virtuous life 100 years from now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    You really shouldn't care what professional troll Shaun King (a white man who pretends to be black) says at all. He isn't liked, respected, or well known at all on the left (for example he does not support Biden's candidacy), and any accolades or importance he claims is entirely made up by himself. His entire business model is to generate clicks from conservatives outraged by the stupid trollish stuff he puts out there. He has no power beyond triggering anger in response to his nonsense.
    This. He's pretty much the left's "Candace Owens".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Any historical figure can be made into a villain if you examine their life from the future and judge them by today's standard of what is right and wrong.

Martin Luther King was a womanizer and homophobe. Obvious enemy of equal rights for LGBTQ community. CANCEL

FDR - Made the decision in WWII to send all Japanese Americans to concentration camps for the duration of the war. Obvious bigot. CANCEL

So what. great men don't have flaws? Of course they do. Does that make their accomplishments not count ? Of course not.

Also, it's pretty easy to see these flaws from the future, like you are doing. I hope someone takes a look at your extremely virtuous life 100 years from now.
    Solid post. We've gotten to a point in America where all we do is rip each other for our faults rather than celebrate our accomplishments. It's not just political either. It's the news. It's sports. Academics. Etc... "Excellence" is the only acceptable outcome. "C" students, that are average, are frowned upon. Average isn't poor. It's average!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post

Everything is right leaning to you except CNN! Time to view another news source!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Solid post. We've gotten to a point in America where all we do is rip each other for our faults rather than celebrate our accomplishments. It's not just political either. It's the news. It's sports. Academics. Etc... "Excellence" is the only acceptable outcome. "C" students, that are average, are frowned upon. Average isn't poor. It's average!!!
    You nailed it Hack. Every human being, every culture, every country etc has not or will never be perfect. Way to much hate, anger and negativity. It's so very sad what's happening in this country right now. I worry about the future my children and grand children face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    No it is not, even a leading black member of BLM, just 3 or 4 days ago, criticized the "ruling party" behind BLM - George Soros. This has evolved into an open communist uprising!

See the following: https://www.newsbreak.com/district-o...illion-dollars

And: https://populardemocracy.org/news-an...lives-matter-0

And: https://www.influencewatch.org/movem...-lives-matter/

And the Best one: https://www.yonkerstribune.com/2020/...by-leslie-taha
    I was pretty skeptical a while back on the George Soros thing. Have heard it a good bit over the years and my Mom swears by it. I used to laugh at her.

So a while back when these riots started I was seeing a lot of the Soros stuff and wasn't buying. So I called someone who I hadn't talked to in a long time who keeps up with all kinds of political topics, etc. While talking with him, he pointed me to these guidestones located in Georgia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCTi...bAtxQi&index=6

Now anything can be put out there on youTube or the internet however, Wikipedia has an entry for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

The description in Wikipedia is pretty enlightening. Someone spent a TON of $$ to erect those in GA in 1980. My question: Why and what would be the return on the investment?

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post

Post of the year. People never take in the context of what was those years like. Back in the day people used to invade other countries, cut the kings head off, kill all the men and enslave the women and children. That was all races and all religions. But during that time that was the norm, was it right? Heck no. I like to think we have advanced as a humans and are more civilized. We have gotten better and we need to strive to do better but to look at history and try to condem a race based off 100 or more years ago is crazy. People say we need to look forward and move forward, well, that's what we all want so why don't some want to do it? Because there's money in keeping people at each other. It's total ridiculous and needs to stop.