Thread: Storm as it approached Starkville this evening.

vCash

Storm as it approached Starkville this evening.

Nothing special. Not even warned. But a classic shelf cloud and I thought it was better than another thread on COVID, or whatever else crap is going on now.

vCash
    Looks very scary

vCash
    Thats awesome looking! Thanks for posting that!

vCash
    awesome photo image...

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I drove through it and had hail hit my car for about 5 minutes during the storm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I drove through it and had hail hit my car for about 5 minutes during the storm.
    Where were you when you were in the hail? I didn't have any at my location, but kept expecting it.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Where were you when you were in the hail? I didn't have any at my location, but kept expecting it.
    I was on 55 just north of Grenada.

vCash
    Nothing special. Not even warned. But a classic shelf cloud and I thought it was better than another thread on COVID, or whatever else crap is going on now.

I love a shelf cloud. Makes me sort of understand the weather nerds and how they get into it.

vCash
    Hey Vegas are you monitoring that cell about to hit Laurel? There is another one about 15 miles to the north of it. They have been moving due south for the last hour or so/

vCash
    Nothing special ? Looks like a "ten Commandments" do-over to me LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Hey Vegas are you monitoring that cell about to hit Laurel? There is another one about 15 miles to the north of it. They have been moving due south for the last hour or so/
    Nothing crazy... it's expanding a little behind the outflow boundary it's pushing out. a little lightning.. no hail indicated.. nothing to worry about
    the stronger looking one up near union right now has a flash flooding warning on it.. possibly some small indicated in it.

But just summer thunderstorms.

vCash
    Not really monitoring anything right now. Got called into work early and I'm neck deep in it now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Nothing special ? Looks like a "ten Commandments" do-over to me LOL
    Shelf clouds are usually indicative of strong outflow in a thunderstorm. That nice cold gust of wind you get right before the bottom falls out. Now sometimes that outflow can be extremely strong winds, but this one maxed out at 42mph as it came over. Just enough to rock my truck a little and make my 10 year old son (Storm Chaser Jr) a little nervous as we were parked on an exit ramp with about a 30' hill out his window.

vCash
    Not really monitoring anything right now. Got called into work early and I'm neck deep in it now.
    Dam storm is now developing a backdoor outflow boundary. Heads up DD you're about to get it/

vCash
    Dam storm is now developing a backdoor outflow boundary. Heads up DD you're about to get it/
    We got hammered!!!!! Nothing to cause damage though. Just strong winds, awesome lightning, and heavy heavy rain. I almost drank a beer!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    We got hammered!!!!! Nothing to cause damage though. Just strong winds, awesome lightning, and heavy heavy rain. I almost drank a beer!!!
    Well it got to the Coast and passed through here, Gulfpot/Biloxi, before I noticed. Hardly a sprinkle.