Thread: Tailgating and covid

vCash

Tailgating and covid

The reason we should not have limited attendance is in the title. People are still going to congregate and tailgate somewhere. Putting 20k together At the stadium plus another 20k in bars and tailgate areas will not have any less significant spread than just packing the stadium. I would even argue it could make cases spread more by more congregating inside around TVs. It's not like we are all gonna just sit at home and watch with our wives only.

vCash
    If bars and restaurants are still limiting capacity and tailgating and attendance are limited I doubt many will see the need to come to Starkville for a ballgame weekend. Everyone may not want to sit at home, but it may be your only option if you want to watch the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If bars and restaurants are still limiting capacity and tailgating and attendance are limited I doubt many will see the need to come to Starkville for a ballgame weekend. Everyone may not want to sit at home, but it may be your only option if you want to watch the game.
    Bars and restaurants will go out of business if they have to stay at these capacities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Bars and restaurants will go out of business if they have to stay at these capacities.
    Yep no way to survive at this rate. Margins are to short in the restaurant business to survive at 50% capacity.

vCash
    To my understanding it's just the Alumni Association Tailgate correct?

That's the one for fans like me that don't have enough friends to tailgate with.************

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To my understanding it's just the Alumni Association Tailgate correct?

That's the one for fans like me that don't have enough friends to tailgate with.************
    If that one isn't allowed do you seriously think the rest will? Tailgating on campus, under current conditions, will NOT happen. I'm just hoping games with no fans happen. I think it will happen in pro sports. It's already happening in European socce. It's pretty easy, relitvly speaking, to establish a bubble around pro athletes and test the heck out of them. Take a look at what the EPL is doing. That's your model if you want to see sports of any kind. I don't think it can be done in HS and college sports. If we do see them at all this academic year it will NOT be what you are used to. Think MS high school football prior to the playoffs, AT BEST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If that one isn't allowed do you seriously think the rest will? Tailgating on campus, under current conditions, will NOT happen. I'm just hoping games with no fans happen. I think it will happen in pro sports. It's already happening in European socce. It's pretty easy, relitvly speaking, to establish a bubble around pro athletes and test the heck out of them. Take a look at what the EPL is doing. That's your model if you want to see sports of any kind. I don't think it can be done in HS and college sports. If we do see them at all this academic year it will NOT be what you are used to. Think MS high school football prior to the playoffs, AT BEST.
    We'll see. Deaths are going down. I think they can do tailgating with social distancing. Fans are back at baseball games in China.

vCash
    Starkville will become West Point very quickly if no fans at MSU sports this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If that one isn't allowed do you seriously think the rest will?
    Yes. We will just label the tailgate as a "protest" and proceed. Peacefully assemble and stuff.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Yes. We will just label the tailgate as a "protest" and proceed. Peacefully assemble and stuff.
    Sounds like a plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The reason we should not have limited attendance is in the title. People are still going to congregate and tailgate somewhere. Putting 20k together At the stadium plus another 20k in bars and tailgate areas will not have any less significant spread than just packing the stadium. I would even argue it could make cases spread more by more congregating inside around TVs. It's not like we are all gonna just sit at home and watch with our wives only.
    If the call had to be made right now, no way there is any tailgating. The sharing of food and drink in close quarters...Not going to happen, I hope we see a change by September.....