Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Coach34 and others

vCash
    Kinda like all of the players that got drafted in the MLB draft...... oh wait......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Kinda like all of the players that got drafted in the MLB draft...... oh wait......
    totally different animal- but you helped my point. The draft was shortened and many, many players have lost any opportunity to play pro baseball.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You got Juniors and Seniors working to earn millions of dollars in their future. Gonna be hard to tell them no football.
    Was it hard to tell 40 million you?re out of a job? They don?t care about Juniors, Seniors, athletics or any amount of money for them; they only care about their world view.

The issue is never about the issue, it?s about the revolution. We just better hope the political right can find it's balls.

vCash
    Is it? How many high school seniors didnt get their shot in baseball this year? Sorry, it is the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Was it hard to tell 40 million you?re out of a job? They don?t care about Juniors, Seniors, athletics or any amount of money for them; they only care about their world view.

The issue is never about the issue, it?s about the revolution. We just better hope the political right can find it's balls.
    I agree about the right finding its balls- but there are alot of P5 schools that have to have football this Fall or their athletic programs are going to crash. Greed will win in the end now that the death rate has plummeted as we knew it would.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Serious question. Is it at all possible that people (especially compromised) could potentially get the flu and corona at the same time once flu season starts up? Thus inflating deaths in the fall?

Not saying that will happen, just something I thought about today. If that does happen, then I hope everyone has some good books to read this winter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I agree about the right finding its balls- but there are alot of P5 schools that have to have football this Fall or their athletic programs are going to crash. Greed will win in the end now that the death rate has plummeted as we knew it would.
    I hope you’re right and I’m wrong, but if masks are required all over campuses then it’s going to be difficult to justify full contact sports with snot bubbles and locker rooms.

Don’t underestimate the greed for power of those who hate our current system of government, many of these people are inside the university/educational system and would love to see it crash in order to exact change; that’s the end game and right now it looks to me like the other side is winning by default.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Serious question. Is it at all possible that people (especially compromised) could potentially get the flu and corona at the same time once flu season starts up? Thus inflating deaths in the fall?

Not saying that will happen, just something I thought about today. If that does happen, then I hope everyone has some good books to read this winter.
    I don't know the answer to your question but I wouldn't think that having one would exclude someone from contracting the other. My concern would be someone having the flu but it's diagnosed as Covid. According to the CDC website these are the similar symptoms of Covid and the flu:

Signs and symptoms

Similarities

Both COVID-19 and flu can have varying degrees of signs and symptoms, ranging from no symptoms (asymptomatic) to severe symptoms. Common symptoms of COVID-19 and flu include:

Fever or feeling feverish/chills
    Cough
    Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
    Fatigue (tiredness)
    Sore throat
    Runny or stuffy nose
    Muscle pain or body aches
    Headache
    Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults

Imagine that the flu affects multiple players on a football team. If misdiagnosed as Covid, it could impact not only the team but possibly the entire school in regards to the action the administration would take believing there was a Covid outbreak.

vCash
    I talked to an MAIS ref at the gym. He said they got the word that private schools the decision has been made to play football. It is going to happen at private schools according to him. If true how much pressure does that put on public schools? Also if public schools do not go how many football players crossover and trust me there are booster who will come up with money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    I hope you’re right and I’m wrong, but if masks are required all over campuses then it’s going to be difficult to justify full contact sports with snot bubbles and locker rooms.

Don’t underestimate the greed for power of those who hate our current system of government, many of these people are inside the university/educational system and would love to see it crash in order to exact change; that’s the end game and right now it looks to me like the other side is winning by default.
    The one saving grace here is if say a Dan Wolken goes "woke" every major college football team will cut his ass off. With sports it's a delicate balance with the media because they need access- and the teams hold that card. People like him have pissed off enough people like Oklahoma State his ass could be on the chopping block very quickly if he doesn't start learning how to shut up his dumbass mouth.

I'm telling you- the St. Louis Cardinals are masters at doing this. I'm just more familiar with their organization so I'm sure others are the same but I guarantee you that there is NOTHING that gets out that they don't want out. And what they let out is for their own benefit. I can tell you that they have covered up FBI investigations into players doing drugs before.

Heck- we've even seen it at MSU. Ask Matt Stevens. Last year the media got cut off from football practice entirely after Horka's bullshit hit piece on Michael Story a YEAR after the incident occurred.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I talked to an MAIS ref at the gym. He said they got the word that private schools the decision has been made to play football. It is going to happen at private schools according to him. If true how much pressure does that put on public schools? Also if public schools do not go how many football players crossover and trust me there are booster who will come up with money.
    Probably a lot. Pretty easy to do social distancing by just limiting tickets sold. Allow parents in. No band. Students are first come first served based on grade.

I think if there is one thing that football has going in it's favor as far as college it's that most teams play outdoors. I know that there are a handful that play in a dome like Syracuse and North Dakota State but the vast majority are all outdoors.