Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona stops athletes returning to campus

vCash
    I'm having serious concerns that we may not be playing as well. I think the pathology of the virus is still poorly understood, and with sunshine states getting hit hard, I don't see it improving enough to keep the governing powers from pulling the plug. Things could change, but it's going to have to change fast, time is running out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I'm having serious concerns that we may not be playing as well. I think the pathology of the virus is still poorly understood, and with sunshine states getting hit hard, I don't see it improving enough to keep the governing powers from pulling the plug. Things could change, but it's going to have to change fast, time is running out.
    I don't think it comes down to the number of cases. I think it will come down to death number and hospitalization. Between now and September a whole lot of people are going to either have it or had it.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Glad we only have to worry about the death rate. Now here a few tidbits I've picked up in the last week or so: Even the asymptomatic can have varying degrees of lung damage. Those are symptomatic almost always have some and they have more. it can be quite severe. That includes young people. Nobody knows if it is permanent yet. There are some indications beginning to show up that the virus can cross the blood/brain barrier. That is what helps shield your CNS from infections in your body. If it can, there is a potential for it to be a chronic condition that can return. You would test negative for years, then it would remerge potentially years later. Again nobody knows yet. There are also strong indications that immunity from having it doesn't last long. AGAIN, we don't know yet. We need a vaccine and even better a treatment. Until we know more we need to still live, but we need to be limiting the spread as much as we possibly can. WEAR A MASK and keep your distance.
    Every single time good news comes dispelling myths about this virus people try to move the goal posts and talk about some other reason we need to shut down. It is like clockwork.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Every single time good news comes dispelling myths about this virus people try to move the goal posts and talk about some other reason we need to shut down. It is like clockwork.
    This. This whole time it’s been total case number and mortality rates. Now those suddenly don’t mean as much...

vCash
    It's like people want to be frozen with fear and live in a society scared to congregate. This living in fear ain't no way to live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This. This whole time it’s been total case number and mortality rates. Now those suddenly don’t mean as much...
    Yes. And when those were unfavorable to some... they blamed hospitals inflating the numbers for cash. Guess they got their fill of cash, huh? Moving the goalposts works both ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    It's like people want to be frozen with fear and live in a society scared to congregate. This living in fear ain't no way to live.
    It's not people. It's the media.

vCash
    Yep.

vCash
    I just have a bad feeling it's going to get shut down as well. Politicians and decision makers are driven by fear these days and there's still enough unknowns out there to make those in positions of authority very very nervous.

Heck the NBA and MLB have been working on only this with infinitely more resources and can't figure it out. Do you have any real faith the NCAA will be able to do so?

Only way I can see some football happening is if the SEC does a conference only schedule but you're still dealing with 14 schools trying to navigate internal arguments and with state politicians disagreeing.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    The same if said was injured or developed a condition that ended his or her career. In other words zero
    **Not a lawyer.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's not people. It's the media.
    That too.