Thread: Happy for JT Ginn

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

Happy for JT Ginn

He comes to State. Plays at the New Dude. Pitches in the CWS. Fulfills dream. And signs for more than he turned down! $2.9 million

vCash
    Congrats to Ginn. double the slot value
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-j-t-ginn.html

vCash
    Awesome! JT is a Dawg through and through!

vCash
    Good for him! Good luck young man!

vCash
    This shoots a hole in the narrative that he made a mistake by coming to MSU

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    It was an unusual draft this year with shortened rounds, but I think the percentage of college guys being drafted continues to rise. Teams are valuing maturity and the competition college baseball offers.

vCash
    Yep. Come to MSU and make more money. And remember this is coming off of an injury. How much more does he get if he's healthy? Want to double your money? Come to MSU.

vCash
    I am so happy for JT! MLB paid JT $700,000 to play at MSU (he turned down $2.2m in 2018). That's a win-win.

vCash
    Great for him and great for the program.

Even though the Ump changed the strike zone on Cole Gordon he still pitched a whale of a game in Omaha for us. Thanks JT

vCash
    Good look for us for the future.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I found a website that gives historical data on every signing bonus ever given. When I get time, I'm going to go through and list every MSU player that has been drafted and list their round and signing bonus. Will do for signees as well who signed out of high school. If I can find the information, I'll list what round they were drafted out of high school and then the round after having come to MSU.

Is there any other data that would be interesting along these lines?