Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that the flag has been removed

vCash

Now that the flag has been removed

Can we go back to freaking out about Covid-19 full time? I can't handle multiple crises impacting my ability to 100% panic about a specific situation. Multiple crises really makes panicking inefficient.**

vCash
    I figured we'd sit back and watch the ensuing identity crisis that is heading for the certain school and fanbase up north.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I figured we'd sit back and watch the ensuing identity crisis that is heading for the certain school and fanbase up north.**
    My sentiments exactly

vCash
    Cam Newton signs with the Patriots
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I suspect this time next year we still will not have a flag. I'm ok with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Didn't Sankey pretty much tell them "You're next." I thought Sankey politely asked them to consider getting rid of the name rebels and think hard about the meaning of the words ole miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Didn't Sankey pretty much tell them "You're next." I thought Sankey politely asked them to consider getting rid of the name rebels and think hard about the meaning of the words ole miss.
    I suspect someone will pass money under the table to Sankey to make the "Make it go away" go away.

vCash
    I don't know how a schools admin can show up and support changing the flag and then not immediately change their "ole miss" and "rebels" that bunch is the very definition of hypocrisy.

ETA they have been the biggest embarrassment for Our State for a long time!

Banned
    vCash

Best idea i've seen.

Personally like the wavy river and stars myself, but I can see where that is not a consensus. Feel like the straight river and stars would be widely loved by everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I don't know how a schools admin can show up and support changing the flag and then not immediately change their "ole miss" and "rebels" that bunch is the very definition of hypocrisy.

ETA they have been the biggest embarrassment for Our State for a long time!
    I saw a black woman in Target yesterday that was wearing an Ole Miss jersey and had a purse with the Ole Miss script logo. I'd enjoyed y'all explaining hypocrisy to her. ....and Ole Miss players that will wear their colors today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post

Best idea i've seen.

Personally like the wavy river and stars myself, but I can see where that is not a consensus. Feel like the straight river and stars would be widely loved by everyone.
    It has to include "In God We Trust", so none of these qualify.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I saw a black woman in Target yesterday that was wearing an Ole Miss jersey and had a purse with the Ole Miss script logo. I'd enjoyed y'all explaining hypocrisy to her. ....and Ole Miss players that will wear their colors today.
    I've always wondered that myself. Doesn't seem to reconcile itself does it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I've also seen protestors wearing ole miss and hotty toddy shirts, go and figure.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    It has to include "In God We Trust", so none of these qualify.
    I'm just hoping that part gets amended out later. Seems unconstitutional. And yea, this was made before that was a requirement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Cam Newton signs with the Patriots
    FANTASTIC! One stop hating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    I'm just hoping that part gets amended out later. Seems unconstitutional. And yea, this was made before that was a requirement.
    I know it was made before, but just point out that those don't qualify now.

And I wouldn't count on it being changed, it was a key part of getting some across the line. They talked about it in the Senate session. McDaniel brought up that concern and Hopson responded that there is precedent to the effect of it not being unconstitutional. That phrase is on our currency and it's also on the Georgia flag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    FANTASTIC! One stop hating!
    He will probably start breaking records.

vCash

And I wouldn't count on it being changed, it was a key part of getting some across the line. They talked about it in the Senate session. McDaniel brought up that concern and Hopson responded that there is precedent to the effect of it not being unconstitutional. That phrase is on our currency and it's also on the Georgia flag.
    Exactly and I think it would be a great addition.

Banned
    vCash

I don't think pointing out the Georgia flag is such a good idea since it should be next on the chopping block.

And I'm more speaking to the aesthetics. But it just doesn't seem constitutional to "require" it. Now if the best flag has it then so be it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Exactly and I think it would be a great addition.
    Would you think Allahu Akbar would be a good addition?

Literally means god is great.

Besides that example, this is literally combination of church and state. The most bass ackwards way we could be progressive. Good ole mithitipi