Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hat Tip to Kylin Hill

vCash

Hat Tip to Kylin Hill

I can't wait to watch him run out of the tunnel at DWS this Fall with a state flag of some sort and I can't wait to see him grow into an alpha on this football that this stand he took will undeniably give him the credibility to be.

I've been critical of Kylin in the past, but I think we just saw his turning point. Not sure I've ever been a prouder of a Mississippi State player.

His legacy and family's legacy is now written in stone regardless of what type of NFL career he has.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If he does it won't be until bowl season because if the voting so hopefully that will occur when the time comes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If he does it won't be until bowl season because if the voting so hopefully that will occur when the time comes.
    I said "of some sort"

Run out with the magnolia flag. I don't care

vCash

This is why Kylin Hill mattered to me.

Prior to his statement that he would not play I thought people who got mad over what I considered stupid little things like a state flag were either nuts, looking for attention, or trying to make money over their "outrage"

Welp folks, I was wrong.

Kylin laid it on the line over this. Three possible scenarios. One the flag doesn't change and he plays anyway and he looks like a punk. Two, he sits out his senior season tanking his draft stock and possibly costing him millions of dollars. Or three, the flag gets changed.

The fact that he stepped up and yeah, laid his entire reputation or millions of dollars on the line made me realize that yeah, this does matter.

It's time for some contemplation.

As Wallace Murphree said, " I don't know".

vCash
    If we don't have a final one by then, which we won't since the vote is in November. I say a Skull and Cross Bells

vCash
    Good post, Mobile. Hopefully guys like WMD, Rex, Matt, et al. heed the message.

vCash
    Kylin Hill stepped-up when others were afraid to. That is called courage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    If we don't have a final one by then, which we won't since the vote is in November. I say a Skull and Cross Bells
    I think it should be something representative of Mississippi

I'm not a fan of glorifying coaches.

vCash
    I give Kylin all the credit in the world. Extremely strong stand, courageous, and meaningful.

Honestly, I don't think it would have cost him millions if he sat. I think the reality is that he could have applied to transfer and told anyone in the NCAA where to stick anything if they tried to block him. The national social outrage about the flag staying the same after coming this close would have made it completely untenable for the SEC and the NCAA to object to anything. If the NCAA can choose not to play post-season in MS, why can they block an individual athlete from exerting that same discretion, for the same reason, during the regular season?

It would have been on the news for weeks/months. It would have cost Mississippi State Hill and many other players. It would have opened the floodgates at State and OM and possibly schools out of state that could have some legitimate argument made about their flags. And wherever Hill landed, he would absolutely have been media gold. He would not have sacrificed an NFL career, in my opinion. I think he would have been perhaps even a bigger media figure if he followed through on his threat. A huge "star" -- for all the wrong reasons as far as Mississippi news would be concerned.

Fortunately, he's *our* star now. I am extremely hopeful that he is going to grow into a solid leader of character and influence. #hailkylin #hailstate

vCash
    In all honesty the pressure from the universities, businesses, and religious organizations probably had more to do with this than Kylin?s tweet, but if people feel like he got the ball rolling and want him to be the face of this I don?t have a problem with it, it only makes him and MSU look good.

vCash
    Spot on Mobile. And throwing in Dr. Murphree to boot! His Philosophy of Religion class should have been mandatory. And too many posters on here show they never could have passed his Logic class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Spot on Mobile. And throwing in Dr. Murphree to boot! His Philosophy of Religion class should have been mandatory. And too many posters on here show they never could have passed his Logic class.
    You should have taken that under Kheely you degenerate dreg of society.

vCash
    Nice post Mobile.

vCash
    I know most probably won't agree, but you can really say the same for Kaepernick... in the scenerio Mobile just said. He risked millions of dollars to make a stand for what he believed in, which was to bring awareness in what he and many felt was injustice to African-Americans by the police. This has been discussed and analyzed ad nauseam, so let's not drag Mobile's nice statement into the gutter. You don't think kneeling during the anthem is appropriate, fine. No need to comment in this thread, I know your stance by now. But my second sentence is correct in the fact that he believed strongly in a subject, went out on a very shaky limb to point it out, and risked everything anyway. And lost.

Again, DM me if you disagree and need to tell me so... not looking to turn this into something else, like most threads lately.

vCash
    Cam signed for the League minimum with the Patriots...Kaepernick wouldn?t sign for less than $20 Million...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Kylin Hill stepped-up when others were afraid to. That is called courage.
    Nah. Courage is pass blocking. Hill showed he had balls.

vCash
    He threw a temper tantrum and is getting praised over it. I don't see the fuss. Just play ball damnit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Just play ball damnit.
    Would you say the same to Bailey Howell?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Would you say the same to Bailey Howell?
    Yep. Sure would, if he were still playing today. But to what are you referencing?
    Last edited by mparkerfd20; 06-28-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Yep. Sure would, if he were still playing today. But to what are you referencing?
    lmao.

I have a theory. If you could just answer this question:

Do you believe tearing down statues erases history?