Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hat Tip to Kylin Hill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Yep. Sure would, if he were still playing today. But to what are you referencing?
    Are you aware of "The Game of Change"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    lmao.

I have a theory. If you could just answer this question:

Do you believe tearing down statues erases history?
    Of course not and neither will changing a flag. I didn't say where I stood on the flag though. The fact is Kylin effectively threw a tantrum to get his way. The flag was changing with or without his tantrum.
    Last edited by mparkerfd20; 06-28-2020 at 10:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Are you aware of "The Game of Change"?
    Yes. And he did just play ball, damnit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Yes. And he did just play ball, damnit.
    The Guv of MS would beg to differ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I said "of some sort"

Run out with the magnolia flag. I don't care
    I mean it needs to be whatever the state flag will be. Just running out with something random is silly knowing that something permanent is coming later.

If I'm MSU I just wait until the bowl game and hype it up. Assuming we make one of course.

vCash
    The best part of this is the positive attention MSU is getting. Plus the melt from jealous Ole Miss fans.

ESPN is going to be talking about this when football comes back and it's going to give us a LOT of positive press. Fortunately our leadership- the coaches and administration at MSU handled this well also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I know most probably won't agree, but you can really say the same for Kaepernick... in the scenerio Mobile just said. He risked millions of dollars to make a stand for what he believed in, which was to bring awareness in what he and many felt was injustice to African-Americans by the police. This has been discussed and analyzed ad nauseam, so let's not drag Mobile's nice statement into the gutter. You don't think kneeling during the anthem is appropriate, fine. No need to comment in this thread, I know your stance by now. But my second sentence is correct in the fact that he believed strongly in a subject, went out on a very shaky limb to point it out, and risked everything anyway. And lost.

Again, DM me if you disagree and need to tell me so... not looking to turn this into something else, like most threads lately.
    What I like about Kylin's protest over Kap's is that he was actually asking for something, which means that the protest has an end point.

My problem with Kap's protest is he was just protesting to protest. There was no tangible goal.

If people want protests to be successful, then ask for something. It provides a purpose and end point for the protest. Even if what your asking for is a statistical change, ask for something measurable. You'll probably get it if your protest has merit.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The best part of this is the positive attention MSU is getting. Plus the melt from jealous Ole Miss fans.

ESPN is going to be talking about this when football comes back and it's going to give us a LOT of positive press. Fortunately our leadership- the coaches and administration at MSU handled this well also.
    MSU is the clear leader in this state. From athletics to social issues, we lead the way. MSU is Mississippi's shining beacon on a hill.

It's just not close.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    What I like about Kylin's protest over Kap's is that he was actually asking for something, which means that the protest has an end point.

My problem with Kap's protest is he was just protesting to protest. There was no tangible goal.

If people want protests to be successful, then ask for something. It provides a purpose and end point for the protest. Even if what your asking for is a statistical change, ask for something measurable. You'll probably get it if your protest has merit.
    Agreed, but what would his "end game" be? Defund the police? He never said that. He wanted to bring awareness to the perceived injustice. Again, I'm not going to debate Kaepernick's kneeling, but you made a good point.

vCash
    Agreed, but what would his "end game" be? Defund the police? He never said that. He wanted to bring awareness to the perceived injustice. Again, I'm not going to debate Kaepernick's kneeling, but you made a good point.
    I'm guessing his end game would have been transferring out. Kylin had other options besides just sitting out. I guarantee you that there is someone in the SEC that would love to have an All-SEC caliber running back going into his senior year. He's good enough IMO to split carries with Najee Harris at Alabama probably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Good post, Mobile. Hopefully guys like WMD, Rex, Matt, et al. heed the message.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

I doubt it. They’ll make Kylin out to be some hero while painting MSU and the entire state as a backwards bunch of rednecks.

vCash
    Unfortunately, we won't have a state flag until possibly November or later. The bill is only allowing one flag to be on the ballot to be voted for. I believe if they don't get a percentage of votes they have to do it again with another flag during another election. I think the bill was a terribly written bill. The voters should have a choice of say 3 flags to vote on in November.

vCash
    I'm guessing his end game would have been transferring out. Kylin had other options besides just sitting out. I guarantee you that there is someone in the SEC that would love to have an All-SEC caliber running back going into his senior year. He's good enough IMO to split carries with Najee Harris at Alabama probably.
    You totally misconstrued my reply. I was speaking of Kap's endgame.

vCash
    If you doubt the positive press MSU is getting, please read Mac Gordon?s article in the CL.

vCash

Might be the best post I have seen from you haha. I actually agree. Most of these protests are open ended and nobody can actually tell you what they want. They just make a blanket statement like "Police need to change" or "the law needs to change" without getting specific.

Tell me what you want changed specifically and then I can decide if I want to get behind it.

If you want more police training I am all in.
    If you want police to not carry firearms then I am all out.
    but don't just say police need to change. Explain what it is you actually want to see done.

vCash
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 06-30-2020 at 07:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Cam signed for the League minimum with the Patriots...Kaepernick wouldn?t sign for less than $20 Million...
    $7.5MM + incentives is the league minimum?? Wrong...again, par for the course. Lolz

Banned
    vCash
    $7.5MM + incentives is the league minimum?? Wrong...again, par for the course. Lolz
    Next thing you know he'll say that using the same super risky strategy that was lucky to work in Chancellorsville would have worked every single time from then on and won the south the war

vCash
    I think they literally signed him for "bare minimum" for veterans. The 7.5 is if he hits every incentive in the contract.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...m1rxszfownonj5