Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Flag Design

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Of the designs I have seen, I prefer the one with the magnolia blossom rather than the Stennis flag. However, I would prefer a dark green background to the blue. When I think of Mississippi I think of green fields and forests.
    The Stennis (er) Hospitality Flag was the only visible option for the last several years, that's why a lot of folks became enamored with it. Hopefully, (fingers crossed) we'll see some better options between tomorrow and 11/3 that are way more exciting than the Hospitality Flag (formerly Stennis flag).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    There are some pockets in Georgia that are mind boggling racist/stuck in the 1800s more than anything I've seen in Mississippi.
    The area that torched the Wendy's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    The area that torched the Wendy's?
    Man I'll love the day you get banned again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    There are some pockets in Georgia that are mind boggling racist/stuck in the 1800s more than anything I've seen in Mississippi.
    Yes, there are some pockets. Some of them really "dug in" after the flag change. I expect some will do the same in MS. But over time I have seen a decrease in the metro Atlanta area compared to right after the big fuss.

vCash
    Just make it a plain gray flag with a blue miss map on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    Yes, there are some pockets. Some of them really "dug in" after the flag change. I expect some will do the same in MS. But over time I have seen a decrease in the metro Atlanta area compared to right after the big fuss.
    At this point in time Mississippi is ripping off the band aid. Why now? Because before now it wouldn't be a band aid but fresh stitches. Time heals. It just takes time.

vCash
    If you only remove the Confederate part you have France's flag.

vCash
    Well it's required that it have "in God we trust" on it. I would say do the magnolia flag or the hospitality flag and just put in God we trust in cursive across the bottom. Because they one with the seal on it clashes and looks like crap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    How about a big cotton ball in the center?**
    Hahah! I had to laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    Yep - lots of those pockets down here in South Ga. But, definitely fewer every year.

vCash

For whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Blue banner at the bottom and far right of the flag to represent the river and the gulf. Y'all can do what you want with the rest of it. Unless it's racist.
    I had not thought about the river. Good idea. I hate the wavy water designs that are always used for water. Would be good to come up with some representation of it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Angry about the flag?
    His only option is keep the old flag or the Southpark flag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Well it's required that it have "in God we trust" on it. I would say do the magnolia flag or the hospitality flag and just put in God we trust in cursive across the bottom. Because they one with the seal on it clashes and looks like crap
    Is "In God we Trust" really necessary? I vote for no words at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Was probably needed to get a few of the republicans on board

vCash
    I agree, words on a flag are terrible. I say we go with the Christian flag but add a red banner on the far right side of the flag from top to bottom..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    We don't need anybody with your name having any input in the Mississippi flag.
    If Sherman would have decided Mississippi's flag while he was busy beating loser traitor Confederate ass up and down the southeast, we wouldn't be in this position in the first place.

vCash
    I think this requirement is absolutely ridiculous. It's stupid and tone deaf. It's an anachronism from 1950s anti-communist hysteria America. Really don't need Mississippi being stuck in the 1950s when we're trying to move forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    I think this requirement is absolutely ridiculous. It's stupid and tone deaf. It's an anachronism from 1950s anti-communist hysteria America. Really don't need Mississippi being stuck in the 1950s when we're trying to move forward.
    Better than being in the 1860's i guess... Sigh...
    Congrats they moved forward 100 years... but still 70 behind....

vCash
    Yep. A correct assessment of the situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    If Sherman would have decided Mississippi's flag while he was busy beating loser traitor Confederate ass up and down the southeast, we wouldn't be in this position in the first place.
    Looks like we got a yankee bostondawg up in here.