Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flag Vote - IT PASSED!!!!!!

vCash

The Flag Vote - IT PASSED!!!!!!

I believe the house will meet this morning to vote on the suspension resolution. It should pass fairly comfortably.

I don't expect the senate to vote until Sunday or Monday to suspend the rules. They are right on the cut line. We'll see.

vCash
    It didn't happen. Spineless bastards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    It didn't happen. Spineless bastards.
    Wtf?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Wtf?
    They've simply recessed and will return this afternoon. They aren't done for the day.

News Mississippi on Twitter is updating the situation.

vCash
    Just FYI the guy stopping this from happening is Chris McDaniel and he is a racist piece of shit. He has stated on his website his support for The League of the South which is the Klan without the robes and goofy titles. I have had to drive past their "headquarters" a few times for work and it's a dumpy trailer park in Bum**** Alabama. Which is a fitting place for that trash to live.

vCash
    Here's what I think is going on.

I think there is a group of experienced Senators that are fighting tooth and nail not to prevent us from getting a new flag but rather to slow the process down and make it agonizing in an effort to set precedent that future SJW reforms don't get ramrodded through the legislature.

I hope that's what is happening. They come off looking bad, but really they could be protecting the future of Mississippi from angry Twitter mobs.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-27-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    They've simply recessed and will return this afternoon. They aren't done for the day.

News Mississippi on Twitter is updating the situation.
    Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Here's what I think is going on.

I think there is a group of experienced Senators that are fighting tooth and nail not to prevent us from getting a new flag but rather to slow the process down and make it agonizing in an effort to set precedent that future SJW reforms don't get ramrodded through the legislature.

I hope that's what is happening. They come off looking bad, but really they could be protecting the future of Mississippi from angry Twitter mobs.
    It isn't. McDaniel ran on keeping the flag intact. He knows this is exactly what the rock eaters in his district want.

vCash
    I'm not sure I've ever really truly been embarrassed to be from MS but this is pushing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Just FYI the guy stopping this from happening is Chris McDaniel and he is a racist piece of shit. He has stated on his website his support for The League of the South which is the Klan without the robes and goofy titles. I have had to drive past their "headquarters" a few times for work and it's a dumpy trailer park in Bum**** Alabama. Which is a fitting place for that trash to live.
    He is the absolute ****ing worst.

vCash
    Chris McDaniel is the personification of everything wrong in Mississippi.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever really truly been embarrassed to be from MS but this is pushing it.
    When you leave the echo chamber bubble of Mississippi you can see a lot of the bad. Don't get me wrong there is a whole lot of good in Mississippi and I take pride in the good. But damn if it's not embarrassing sometimes.

vCash
    McDaniel can't stop it alone. He's a lost cause.
    Need to be bending the ear of the ones who can be reached. Tyler McCaughan is one. Sally Doty. They are two of the 7-8 who are on the fence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    McDaniel can't stop it alone. He's a lost cause.
    Need to be bending the ear of the ones who can be reached. Tyler McCaughan is one. Sally Doty. They are two of the 7-8 who are on the fence.
    I just don't see how it's possible for someone to be on the fence on this issue. Then again, I don't see how it's possible to want to keep the flag either but McDaniel is proving me wrong on that one.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I just don't see how it's possible for someone to be on the fence on this issue. Then again, I don't see how it's possible to want to keep the flag either but McDaniel is proving me wrong on that one.
    It's an awful reality to have to accept that some people are so self absorbed that they see any slight disrespect to them as more important than massive disrespect to others. And we elect these people.

A favorite exercise of mine is to ask what would it take for you to shave all the body hair off of you if it meant helping someone else? Would just giving a warm meal to someone in need be it? Would it have to save someone's life? What it have to save someone you know personally and care about's life? It's best done in person where the body language cannot lie. The honest answers that tells you makes you sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    When you leave the echo chamber bubble of Mississippi you can see a lot of the bad. Don't get me wrong there is a whole lot of good in Mississippi and I take pride in the good. But damn if it's not embarrassing sometimes.
    I've actually been gone for a little while now, but I've always been proud to claim it. There are a lot of redeeming qualities to MS. I've actually found a lot of racial issues to be much worse in places that don't have that same reputation nationally. Not to minimize the issues we certainly have.

vCash
    News Mississippi has tweeted that the rules are suspended so they can now vote. I think that means they now have the votes in the Senate. God I hope they get this done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Chris McDaniel is the personification of everything wrong in Mississippi.
    My opinion of McDaniel has changed greatly b/c of this.

vCash
    It appears to be happening according to the twitters

Banned
    vCash
    85-34 it passed.