Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's the weekend... what are you eating or drinking

vCash
    No finished pics but two racks of baby back ribs that were slow smoked on the grill for almost five hours until the storms moved in and forced me to finish them in the oven. Paired with baked beans, potato salad, slaw, Texas toast, and buttermilk pie for dessert.

vCash
    Titos

Pork Butt slow cooked for 6 hours with my bastardized version of Myron Mixon's rub
    Homemade vanilla ice cream

And as far as music listened to during the cook:

Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post

Had to switch to this after some Irish whiskey a couple of days ago. Because America and all.
    Good call. still haven't had a bottle for myself but compared 2 store picks to regular and.. huge difference. don't much care for the regular now.

vCash
    I need to start posting some pics myself.... last night was the sockeye salmon and asparagus along with a white wine from Lebanon made of sauv blanc and viognier.. wonderful pairing with the fish.

tonight, threw a dozen wings in the oven and put it on airfryer mode.. tossed in some bbq sauce and enjoyed.

Tomorrow, have some hand trimmed chicken breasts marinating in an italian seasoning and will cook those up for lunch. for dinner, will make some pulled pork in the instapot (i know.. i don't have a griller or smoker right now).

Cracking a bottle of Michters bourbon tonight. As previously mentioned, i had a chance to try m10 at my birthday brunch a couple weeks ago.. so i searched out and got lucky to get a bottle.
    Not wanting to drink it all in a week.. decided to try the regular and sure enough...love the flavors.. so will sip on that and save the m10 for special occasions.

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a comparison of Weller SR, W12, and redemption wheated to see how they hold up to each other.

I really need to drink up and not buy more for a month or so..
    I'm at 18 bottles of bourbon now.

Music...Hamilton.. already watched it 3 times.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 07-06-2020 at 12:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I need to start posting some pics myself.... last night was the sockeye salmon and asparagus along with a white wine from Lebanon made of sauv blanc and viognier.. wonderful pairing with the fish.

tonight, threw a dozen wings in the oven and put it on airfryer mode.. tossed in some bbq sauce and enjoyed.

Tomorrow, have some hand trimmed chicken breasts marinating in an italian seasoning and will cook those up for lunch. for dinner, will make some pulled pork in the instapot (i know.. i don't have a griller or smoker right now).

Cracking a bottle of Michters bourbon tonight. As previously mentioned, i had a chance to try m10 at my birthday brunch a couple weeks ago.. so i searched out and got lucky to get a bottle.
    Not wanting to drink it all in a week.. decided to try the regular and sure enough...love the flavors.. so will sip on that and save the m10 for special occasions.

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a comparison of Weller SR, W12, and redemption wheated to see how they hold up to each other.

I really need to drink up and not buy more for a month or so..
    I'm at 18 bottles of bourbon now.

Music...Hamilton.. already watched it 3 times.
    Let me know how the comparison goes. I wish I had a Weller 12 year. Drank all mine. I turned down a bottle for $90 because I just don’t think it’s worth that but I’m second guessing that decision now.

vCash
    My daughter just drove in from Starkville to spend a week before going back for work. She surprised me with an Edam ball, and tubs of cheddar spread and jalape?os spread. I win, but I have a feeling she's probably about to ask me for money lol!

vCash
    Haven't done the comparision yet. Drinking some other samples shared with me.
    Willet 4 year Rye - wow, I thought i liked rye.. but damn THAT'S a floral and tasty...
    Next was Angel's envy rye - so smooth, brown sugar...

I will be looking to find bottles of both of those.
    Just got some other samples.. Elijah craig BP Batch B and C and WIld Turkey Rare Breed.

Another friend shared something truly unique with me... a dusty.. aka OLLLD bottles. this is older than a lot of posters on here likely.
    Old Crow. Distilled in 1959. spent 10 years in barrels.. then put in a decanters that look like chess pieces.. this one was a rook i believe.
    Super different. Vanilla and barrel on the nose... Very smooth at first.. But finishes with a weird soapy like taste.. wife got banana peel on the finish. interesting...

Back to drinking the Bulleit blenders select, in ways reminds me of a coke...super smooth. honey, vanilla, some fruit notes. easy to drink but not certain worth the 40 dollar price.

vCash
    Took my son fishing on the Rez. Fought high muddy water and struggled to catch a few bass. Came home and had a few of my favorite beers. Southern Prohibition Crowd Control IPA. It’s my absolute favorite as far as beer.

vCash
    Tonight's drink. Couple old fashioned with Hudson rye. I got to say a luxardo cherry just makes it... Yummy. Couple bottles of white wine. Dip in the pool. Not much to complain about..

Watching Hamilton for the 4th time and about to fall asleep.

vCash

vCash
    Cold Sam Adams in Nashville tonight watching my son.

vCash
    On a crazy monday morning .. at least for me, felt the night to bump this so I could at least discuss something non-political.

What have yall been drinking. i don't know about over in MS but where I'm at there are several clubs that have been doing some killer bottle picks that I have been loving.

Cracked open a bottle of Sagamore Rye last night that so so smooth, with the typical rye cinnamon spicy on the tip of the tongue. Wife and I played monopoly and chilled out.
    Another new favorite of mine is Woodinville, the regular bourbon is good for the price (sub 40) but the club I'm in got to do a barrel pick and have it be cask strength and it's so damn good and smooth.
    Don't miss out on their Rye also though, love how instead of the floral notes, i get more tropical fruit on the pallet along with the typical spice.

Got super lucky to find a bottle of Rare Breed Rye on saturday, another of my new favorite ryes.

Really need to stop buying for a bit though... I'm close to 50 bottles now i think....and out of space for displaying them..currently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    On a crazy monday morning .. at least for me, felt the night to bump this so I could at least discuss something non-political.

What have yall been drinking. i don't know about over in MS but where I'm at there are several clubs that have been doing some killer bottle picks that I have been loving.

Cracked open a bottle of Sagamore Rye last night that so so smooth, with the typical rye cinnamon spicy on the tip of the tongue. Wife and I played monopoly and chilled out.
    Another new favorite of mine is Woodinville, the regular bourbon is good for the price (sub 40) but the club I'm in got to do a barrel pick and have it be cask strength and it's so damn good and smooth.
    Don't miss out on their Rye also though, love how instead of the floral notes, i get more tropical fruit on the pallet along with the typical spice.

Got super lucky to find a bottle of Rare Breed Rye on saturday, another of my new favorite ryes.

Really need to stop buying for a bit though... I'm close to 50 bottles now i think....and out of space for displaying them..currently.
    I'm nursing the last bit of a bottle of Blantons currently.

I bought a handle of Dewars 15 the other day and have been really impressed with it, especially for a blend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm nursing the last bit of a bottle of Blantons currently.

I bought a handle of Dewars 15 the other day and have been really impressed with it, especially for a blend.
    Yea.. friend of mine brought back a Blantons red from japan this past winter... it's down to the bottom of the label.. so slowing down and nursing it since I can't luck into getting a regular blantons.
    Another friend shared with me a sample of Gold and Straight from the Barrel. Was fun to compare all 3, but I'll never consider buying red or regular for a penny over retail now, as Gold was tremendously better...showed so much more rye floral notes, and then stfb just blew gold away... the same floral notes but add vanilla from the barrel. Impressive but not paying nearly 250 for a bottle on secondary.

vCash
    Looking back at the start of this thread.. I did get ahold of a Michters 10 finally.. got lucky and hit on a fireball (if you don't know.. don't ask.. ). Still haven't cracked that thing.. saving it for something special.

Also got the Larceny BP Batch B which I'm mixed on which batch (A vs B) i cared for.
    Did also get a sample of Weller 12 and Weller FP, compared that against OWA... and 12 was my favorite, but fp was still very good.. had almost like a bannana bread charteristic to it i loved with the sweetness.. but I doubt I ever luck into getting a bottle of either of those two.

vCash
    Enjoying the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked these days. Found some Founders 4 Giants IPA at Corner Market in Hattiesburg. Excellent beer.