Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's the weekend... what are you eating or drinking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Fair enough question... I made the decision to post it here because there are still not really any sports going on to discuss...and as Dan mentioned.. to break up the different non-sports discussion going on.
    Thanks, don't care where you post it just glad to have it weekly. This board has some good cooks and I enjoy seeing what they are cooking up

vCash
    Just scored a bottle of Weller Special Reserve Single Barrel store pick. Looking forward to trying it out!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Just scored a bottle of Weller Special Reserve Single Barrel store pick. Looking forward to trying it out!!
    Nice.... I haven't seen one of those before.. usually the sp are owa's.
    Saturday was a good day... J Mattingly (Bourbon 30) special bottle drop I was able to pick up from someone else at cost.. If you ever get a chance to get to try any of his production..(he doesn't distill.. just tuns the juice into magic in his barrels)... do so, he's bourbon royalty and was great chatting with him. Other peeps were passing around Stagg Jr b12 to taste... wow loved it. my first stagg jr to try. Great something else I can't get my hands on lol.
    Blantons SFTB
    Weirdest one was a Bull Run that was aged in pinot noir barrels... just ODD. and i love wine and am a much bigger wine snob honestly.

Just cracked for the afternoon a bottle of Larceny A120, I'm not big into BP yet but it's confirming that i indeed do like wheated bourbons.. which might not be a good thing.. Have a couple stones in it to help cool it down.. but that proof still does shine across the sweetness at first.. now after a little time breathing.. honey, caramel, little spice on the back...

Looking at the lineup for the afternoon.. some more High West Rendezvous rye, weller sr and hudson manhattan. ..while debating on dinner tonight..

vCash
    Nice.... I haven't seen one of those before.. usually the sp are owa's.
    Saturday was a good day... J Mattingly (Bourbon 30) special bottle drop I was able to pick up from someone else at cost.. If you ever get a chance to get to try any of his production..(he doesn't distill.. just tuns the juice into magic in his barrels)... do so, he's bourbon royalty and was great chatting with him. Other peeps were passing around Stagg Jr b12 to taste... wow loved it. my first stagg jr to try. Great something else I can't get my hands on lol.
    Blantons SFTB
    Weirdest one was a Bull Run that was aged in pinot noir barrels... just ODD. and i love wine and am a much bigger wine snob honestly.

Just cracked for the afternoon a bottle of Larceny A120, I'm not big into BP yet but it's confirming that i indeed do like wheated bourbons.. which might not be a good thing.. Have a couple stones in it to help cool it down.. but that proof still does shine across the sweetness at first.. now after a little time breathing.. honey, caramel, little spice on the back...

Looking at the lineup for the afternoon.. some more High West Rendezvous rye, weller sr and hudson manhattan. ..while debating on dinner tonight..
    I love the Larceny bourbons. I guess I like the wheaters. Funny thing about my Weller today, I paid $50 for it thinking it was the regular Special Reserve. Even that one is getting rare these days. I was a little disappointed in myself all the way home for paying that. Got home and looked at the bottle and got pretty damn pumped!!!!
    My buddy is a collector and he says I got a damn fine bourbon for $50.

vCash
    I'm grilling some shrimp that didn't get cooked this weekend and drinking Selfie Destruct from Southern Prohibition. Looking forward to only 3 more days until a 3 day weekend. Quarantine life is really not that bad if you have something good to cook and good to drink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I'm grilling some shrimp that didn't get cooked this weekend and drinking Selfie Destruct from Southern Prohibition. Looking forward to only 3 more days until a 3 day weekend. Quarantine life is really not that bad if you have something good to cook and good to drink.
    I really need to stop buying anything though.. even though i feel i'm building up my "bourbon collection" for now.
    I have enough liquor, beer, and wine to kill the whole state of MS i think.

vCash
    I really need to stop buying anything though.. even though i feel i'm building up my "bourbon collection" for now.
    I think it kills corona in your throat so keep drinking brother! We can share as long as we never bring up politics!!
    It’s amazing how much we are all alike unless we start talking politics. Crazy that we let that crap bother us so much.

vCash
    I think it kills corona in your throat so keep drinking brother! We can share as long as we never bring up politics!!
    It’s amazing how much we are all alike unless we start talking politics. Crazy that we let that crap bother us so much.
    No worries dude.. know it's never been personal.. there's maybe a handful of posters that i remember much about on here.. (since I tend to read almost everything...and dear God.. I just make sure craps not overly racist or anything right now and let it be..)
    and sorry, your name doesn't make it into the cut. So sorry if you thought it was personal.. it's not i can promised ya.. cheers.

vCash
    Ha! I hear you. When the quarantine/shelter at home started I decided I was going to get into bourbon. I love craft beer and a Bloody Mary but never dove off into bourbon. I soon put together a pretty nice selection of what you can get in Mississippi but along the way I discovered I also love gin and all the things you can do with it. One day I came home with some vegetable plants and soil and containers and my wife asked me what the hell I was doing and I told her if I didn't get another hobby I would be an alcoholic before they get a vaccine. At least now I tend to my little patio garden after work every day before I start drinking.

vCash
    OMG I hate gout!!! If you?re a drinker switch to bourbon. Stay away from beer.
    Beer does not cause gout.

Broccoli causes gout.

(Uloric is your friend)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldcorporal View Post

Broccoli causes gout.

(Uloric is your friend)
    You must not have gout. Beer doesn’t cause it but it absolutely causes flare ups!!! You’ll never get anyone that I know with gout to believe beer doesn’t aggravate it. It sucks but it’s true.

vCash
    You must not have gout. Beer doesn’t cause it but it absolutely causes flare ups!!! You’ll never get anyone that I know with gout to believe beer doesn’t aggravate it. It sucks but it’s true.
    Dude. It was a (bad) joke.

I had gout, bad, 10 years ago. It sucks, completely and totally. It will make you wanna cry.

I did all the diet things - I must have drank and eaten all the cherry juice/cherries grown in the US. Quit drinking beer and anything else. No pork. No tuna, none of the uric acid causing stuff. Still had bad flare-ups.

I started taking Uloric when it was $$new$$. Haven't had a flareup in 10 years. I drink all the beer I want, eat what I want, but I NEVER miss taking my uloric.

Better living through chemistry.

vCash
    Dude. It was a (bad) joke.

I had gout, bad, 10 years ago. It sucks, completely and totally. It will make you wanna cry.

I did all the diet things - I must have drank and eaten all the cherry juice/cherries grown in the US. Quit drinking beer and anything else. No pork. No tuna, none of the uric acid causing stuff. Still had bad flare-ups.

I started taking Uloric when it was $$new$$. Haven't had a flareup in 10 years. I drink all the beer I want, eat what I want, but I NEVER miss taking my uloric.

Better living through chemistry.
    I gotcha. Sorry about that. It went right over my head!!!

vCash
    No problem at all.

tone doesn't carry well in posts...

vCash
    So much for playing nice with each other HeHeHe !!!!

vCash

Broccoli causes gout.

(Uloric is your friend)
    They prescribed me allopurinol. Problem is you have to drink like 60-70oz of water a day and I never remember to. If you don't then it'll give you boulder size kidney stones and I've had those, too. Little PSA, if you ever even think you hear, or dream you hear, your urologist use the term stent, run like a wild banshee out of the room. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Just. Get. The. 17. Out. Having a stent removed was probably a combination of the greatest indignity and the greatest pain I've ever experienced.

vCash
    Alright boys... It's the 4th... Break out something special...
    What ya cooking, what ya drinking.

I picked up some Alaskan sockeye tuna the other day at the grocery and need to cook it tonight. Maybe I'll do some steak on the side with it along with roasted green beans.. Figuring it out shortly.

About to run by the liquor store.. Gotta pick up a bottle of Sagamore rye and a few other things.. Mix up some old fashions while cooking.

Then watch some fireworks on the TV.

vCash
    Smoked Memphis style ribs, fresh corn smoked in the husk, and ice cream here.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash

Had to switch to this after some Irish whiskey a couple of days ago. Because America and all.

vCash
    Excellent choice with the Eagle Rare.

I cold smoked then seared a beef tenderloin and had El Major Tequila to drink.