Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
Nice.... I haven't seen one of those before.. usually the sp are owa's.
Saturday was a good day... J Mattingly (Bourbon 30) special bottle drop I was able to pick up from someone else at cost.. If you ever get a chance to get to try any of his production..(he doesn't distill.. just tuns the juice into magic in his barrels)... do so, he's bourbon royalty and was great chatting with him. Other peeps were passing around Stagg Jr b12 to taste... wow loved it. my first stagg jr to try. Great something else I can't get my hands on lol.
Blantons SFTB
Weirdest one was a Bull Run that was aged in pinot noir barrels... just ODD. and i love wine and am a much bigger wine snob honestly.

Just cracked for the afternoon a bottle of Larceny A120, I'm not big into BP yet but it's confirming that i indeed do like wheated bourbons.. which might not be a good thing.. Have a couple stones in it to help cool it down.. but that proof still does shine across the sweetness at first.. now after a little time breathing.. honey, caramel, little spice on the back...

Looking at the lineup for the afternoon.. some more High West Rendezvous rye, weller sr and hudson manhattan. ..while debating on dinner tonight..
I love the Larceny bourbons. I guess I like the wheaters. Funny thing about my Weller today, I paid $50 for it thinking it was the regular Special Reserve. Even that one is getting rare these days. I was a little disappointed in myself all the way home for paying that. Got home and looked at the bottle and got pretty damn pumped!!!!
My buddy is a collector and he says I got a damn fine bourbon for $50.