Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's the weekend... what are you eating or drinking

vCash
    I miss the old drankin, Cooking, and music threads of the old days on Elite.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Captain crunch with berries in milk right now. True story. To be chased with an ultra.
    Do yourself a favor and watch this. You're welcome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arYi03bQ0FY

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Went to Georgia Blue in Starkville tonight (was crowded). Had a great meal. I am not sure why it get negative reviews in other places like Flowood. I haven't had a bad meal there.

Came home and am drinking a Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard Brew. out of Kansas City. Fantastic

Going to bed soon so I can play in a golf tournament in the morning.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We all know how to do at least 2 of the 3... i'll try to fire it up on fridays for now to help the weekends..

vCash
    Massive case of gout so my menu is water and hydrocodone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Do yourself a favor and watch this. You're welcome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arYi03bQ0FY
    That’s was awesome. Thanks for posting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Massive case of gout so my menu is water and hydrocodone.
    OMG I hate gout!!! If you’re a drinker switch to bourbon. Stay away from beer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    We all know how to do at least 2 of the 3... i'll try to fire it up on fridays for now to help the weekends..
    This is a good thread. This is the nicest we’ve all been to each other in a while. Good topic.

vCash
    Getting a leg workout in then time to have a little lunch, then hopefully some sun and several Nattys. Y?all have a great day!!

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This is a good thread. This is the nicest we?ve all been to each other in a while. Good topic.
    This summer's been hit and miss, but the tradition lives on over on the Outdoor Dawgs page. Regardless, agreed, more food and booze talk is always a good thing.

Yesterday I picked up this year's bottled-in-bond release from Dickel.

I was hoping it'd come out at the MSRP ($40) like last year's 13-year-old version did (when MSRP was somehow $37), but it didn't. Got it for $45, and other stores here are selling it for $50 and $55 a bottle. Stupid "Whisky of the Year" for last year's release jacked it all up. I'll crack it open tonight. Eventually I'll compare it to last year's and maybe a Dickel single barrel I have, too.

Aside from Dickel, other American stuff I've been drinking lately include Knob Creek Single Barrel, Baker's Single Barrel, and Russel's Reserve 10 Year. All are good and slightly different. Baker's may be the most distinct of the bunch, with this syrupy apple thing going on on the nose.

As for Irish and Scottish stuff, still digging Bushmill's 10-year single malt, Compass Box, and Auchentoshan. I've been hanging onto a bottle of Auchentoshan Three Wood since Christmas that I'm finally about to open. Super stoked about it.

Foodwise, not much going on this weekend, which is fine by me. I've been on a big stir-fry kick lately, so maybe some of that.

Oh, and music. Finishing up a 2-year-long music-nerd vision quest with some friends where we listened to Pitchfork's entire "Best 200 Albums of the 1960s" in order, two albums per week. It's been awesome, though a little trying at times. (Pitchfork's snooty as they come -- and that's saying something coming from me, a recovering music snob -- so they've peppered in plenty of obscure, experimental B.S.) This is week 100, so we're at Nos. 1 and 2 -- The Velvet Underground and Nico and Pet Sounds. Haven't seriously sat down with Pet Sounds in years. It's been great.

Banned
    vCash
    Dieting so I've been on the bud light seltzer kick lately. Black Cherry 12 pack does the job on a friday night.

Got some chicken for the week marinating. Probably gonna grill burgers by the pool later. It's hilarious how many people I've made friends in my locale just cause I use seasoning that isn't salt and pepper. I don't understand how people can live for so long thinking that that is seasoning.

For the business savvy side of ED. Waffle House, Whataburger, Cookout, etc. would all do numbers north of the mason-dixon. Throw a Waffle House in Ann Arbor, Columbus, or Madison and watch it do numbers. Insane that Indianapolis is the farthest it reaches into the Midwest.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Getting a leg workout in then time to have a little lunch, then hopefully some sun and several Nattys. Y?all have a great day!!
    Highly recommend the naturdays. Lemonade + Natty combo is the perfect summer weekend beer on the river.

vCash
    For music, my wife and I have been driving my son up to Huntsville Alabama a good bit. He's been performing outdoors at Bridgestreet outside of all the restaurants. Not a whole lot going on for upcoming singer/songwriters right now. He's scheduled to be in Nashville at The Commodore Grill later in July but I guess we'll have to see how that goes since the Covid is ramping back up.

vCash
    Smoking a 9lb. pork shoulder on the Kamado Joe right now.

vCash
    Hum, let's see if I can remember.....BEER: High Cotton IPA, Cigar City Jai Ligh (spelling BIG TIME?) IPA, Wiseacre American Pilsner, Hopsecutioner. Angry Orchard Cider. Shrimp, squash, and corn on the grill, Highland Park Viking whiskey after dinner.

vCash
    QUESTION, why isn't this thread on the Outdoor Dawgs page where it was discussed in the past. I also notice that the regular outdoor dawg posters are not in this thread.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    QUESTION, why isn't this thread on the Outdoor Dawgs page where it was discussed in the past. I also notice that the regular outdoor dawg posters are not in this thread.
    Because the main board is where the majority of users post and Scoob decided we needed a non political thread that would have high engagement without disagreement. Nuance.

vCash
    Anything Pritchards distilled in beautiful downtown Kelso, TN

vCash
    A little Bbq, beer, and Booker's for these dawgs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Fair enough question... I made the decision to post it here because there are still not really any sports going on to discuss...and as Dan mentioned.. to break up the different non-sports discussion going on.