Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the weekend... what are you eating or drinking

vCash

It's the weekend... what are you eating or drinking

I've shifted back into bourbon mode lately.. ran out the store today to load up on a few things and been sampling them all night

Knob Creek single barrell store pick - KC has such a unique taste.. drop a stone in it tuns into earthy flavors and barrel that i do like.
    Jack Daniel Single Barrel Select store pick - So much smoother than the regular #7. I'm still not a big fan of whiskey but this can help change my mind
    Elijah Craig Small Batch store pick - this could be my new sipper ..or maybe old fashion goto...
    Weller Special Reserve - My first wellers of my own, all the blantons and other sold out quickly.. and I don't care to line up at opening or play the store came for allocations. - but this is really smooth.
    Hudson Bay Manhattan Rye - pairs so well with spicy food i found out at my birthday brunch - going to enjoy sipping on this one...
    and finally - High West - Rendezvous rye - the base for midwinters night dram which is amazing. Impressive..-- have to try more of the high west line

and the impossible task, after my birthday brunch.. I need to find a bottle of Michters 10.

vCash
    Evan Williams Bottled in Bond, and Arby's

But seriously, don't sleep on the Evan here. It's crazy stupid goooooood for the price.

vCash
    Water. Was at 304 June 1st and finally said enough, weighed 280 this morning.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I remember weighing 280. Wrestling in Jr. High.

vCash
    Just finished putting rub on a butt. Will hit the smoker in the AM.

vCash
    You mentioned some of my favs.
    Elijah Craig Small Batch- store pick is great but the non store pick is great as well.
    Knob Creek Single Barrel store pick is another excellent bourbon.
    Weller Special Reserve
    Blantons-I love my Blantons.
    Four Roses Single Barrel

Just some of my favorites that aren’t too expensive and readily available other than the Blantons.

vCash
    Congrats. Great job man.

vCash
    Good job

vCash
    Captain crunch with berries in milk right now. True story. To be chased with an ultra.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Just finished putting rub on a butt. Will hit the smoker in the AM.

But seriously.. I look forward to getting a smoker. Not till next year though when I move. will hopefully get a green egg also.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 06-26-2020 at 09:47 PM.

vCash
    Damn good job. working from home = cooking more... and i haven't dedicated to not changing that like i need to.. still drinking a bunch of beer when not bourbon or wine..
    and started making fresh pasta..

exercise went down.
    Yea.. need to do something. not as bad as you but creeping towards 250.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    You mentioned some of my favs.
    Elijah Craig Small Batch- store pick is great but the non store pick is great as well.
    Knob Creek Single Barrel store pick is another excellent bourbon.
    Weller Special Reserve
    Blantons-I love my Blantons.
    Four Roses Single Barrel

Just some of my favorites that aren’t too expensive and readily available other than the Blantons.

Yep.. blantons dropped this morning at my local store but i don't do the chase that much.. did that with beer at times. and i love blantons but i have a bottle of blantons red right now a friend brought me back from japan..
    So I'm good there.

Four roses i just haven't come around on loving. but haven't had SB only small batch.

I was able to get a store pick of Whistle Pig "10 year old" that was really 12... sooo much going on but so hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Captain crunch with berries in milk right now. True story. To be chased with an ultra.
    My kinda Friday night

vCash
    I had Butterball Turkey Sausage cooked in water along with green pepper. White rice with black pepper and salt. Two slices of white bread not toasted or buttered. Large glass of Dr. Pepper with a refill.

vCash
    Moscow Mule and made this for dinner:20200626_194613.jpg
    Baseball Steak Surf & Turf, Shrimp with Havarti Cheese Grits, Onion Straws and Au Jus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Yep.. blantons dropped this morning at my local store but i don't do the chase that much.. did that with beer at times. and i love blantons but i have a bottle of blantons red right now a friend brought me back from japan..
    So I'm good there.

Four roses i just haven't come around on loving. but haven't had SB only small batch.

I was able to get a store pick of Whistle Pig "10 year old" that was really 12... sooo much going on but so hot.
    Try the Single Barrel Four Roses. Totally different than the small batch. I don’t like that one at all. Take the shelf bottle and not a fancy store pick. The recipe is a little higher on the rye side. I love it.

vCash

But seriously.. I look forward to getting a smoker. Not till next year though when I move. will hopefully get a green egg also.
    I just recently bought an egg and so far I love it!!

vCash

Not a pic of the butt -
    But I did get to a preview of our first real, local brewery opening up in Brunswick next week.
    Beer was smooth

vCash
    Mostly water and will have milk with my Whey and Casein.

vCash
    Had a couple of gin and tonics and baked some salmon with some herbs from my garden. Gin was good. My salmon recipe not so much. Currently sipping on some Basil Hayden's which is good but not great.