Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Antibodies will always resist or lessen infection. The question is how long do they last.
    Yep, and we are seeing people who got over confirmed infections with no detectable antibodies already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and be THAT guy.

Without a vaccine, herd immunity is the only thing that will get us through this.
    Enough people get it and get through it, the spread slows to a crawl, and a vaccine eventually hits the market.

Don't wear a mask if you don't want to.
    It's looking increasingly like the mythical "herd immunity" is a fantasy. The best we can hope for is a vaccine that we have to take with repeated boosters once a year. It's looking like once every two months may be more likely. Most people like you are antivaxx types any way. Once they develop an every two months vaccine, PLEASE don't take it as true to your creed. The Darwin Awards are made for people like you.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 06-25-2020 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I'll be shocked if there is college football. There is no possible way it happens if people must be isolated with a positive test or close contact. None.
    There might not be. But if there isn't there won't be any sports this year.20-21. College that is. If we are freaked out now. The freak won't stop by then.

vCash
    There IS such a thing as natural herd immunity. As mostly people with exposure to European diseases for the last few thousand years we haven't dealt with actually trying to achieve that with a deadly infectious disease with no vaccine. If you want to see what that's like, look at what happened to Native Americans after contact with Europeans. Our closest experience is with Smallpox and Polio. Look those up, THAT is what you idiots want......AT BEST.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 06-25-2020 at 10:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I hate wearing masks. Literally hate it. But I wear one because it's the decent thing to do. Swallow your pride, toughen up, quit being rebels, and just wear the damn things. We've grown to accustomed in the South of just doing the opposite of what we're told to because it's just been that way our whole lives. It's ignorant, inconsiderate, and unfair to people with elderly family members that this thing will kill. Wear a damn mask.
    And besides all that, it's bad for the economy. People forget that the most at risk group, 60+, is also the demographic with the most disposable income. I can assure you we are staying home as much as possible, and will continue to do so as long as so many people refuse to wear a mask. If people want a deeper recession, just continue not wearing a mask.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It's looking increasingly like the mythical "herd immunity" is a fantasy. The best we can hope for is a vaccine that we have to take with repeated boosters once a year. It's looking like once every two months may be more likely. Most people like you are antivaxx types any way. Once they develop anevery two months vaccine, PLEASE don't take it. The Darwin Awards are made for people like you.
    You could achieve herd immunity Through vaccine. A vaccine plus masks would pretty much eradicate the virus in about a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There might not be. But if there isn't there won't be any sports this year.20-21. College that is. If we are freaked out now. The freak won't stop by then.
    Glad to see you beginning to see where we are headed.

vCash
    If we don't play- its because people are stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    You could achieve herd immunity Through vaccine. A vaccine plus masks would pretty much eradicate the virus in about a year.
    Absolutely. But people won't do masks because their RIAGHTS are being, in their idiot world, violated. They also are already saying they won't take a vaccine because of absolute black heilocopter LUNACY. There are very good studies that say if we could get 80% mask wearing for something like six months it would be as effective as a universal vaccine. The virus would go away.....but these idiots somehow got in their idiot brains that masks actually spread it. It absolute sheer insanity. If survival of the fittest is true, we here in America are DOOMED.

vCash
    Yep, and we are seeing people who got over confirmed infections with no detectable antibodies already.
    Link?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If we don't play- its because people are stupid.
    Agree, but probably not for the reason you think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Link?
    Do your own home work. I have no idea where I saw it, but it's no secret. Google it.

vCash
    There are very good studies that say if we could get 80% mask wearing for something like six months it would be as effective as a universal vaccine.
    "Very good studies". LMAO. There's no way to study something like that.

The truth is....there's not THAT much transfer of germs from the mouth unless people are constantly coughing, sneezing or spitting, and in that case, yes, they should wear a mask, or better yet, stay home.

FWIW, I wear a mask at work all day due to my company's decision to follow CDC guidelines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    And besides all that, it's bad for the economy. People forget that the most at risk group, 60+, is also the demographic with the most disposable income. I can assure you we are staying home as much as possible, and will continue to do so as long as so many people refuse to wear a mask. If people want a deeper recession, just continue not wearing a mask.
    YEP, and I'm not quiet yet in that group, but I certainly do business with them.

vCash
    "Very good studies". LMAO. There's no way to study something like that.

The truth is....there's not THAT much transfer of germs from the mouth unless people are constantly coughing, sneezing or spitting, and in that case, yes, they should wear a mask, or better yet, stay home.

FWIW, I wear a mask at work all day due to my company's decision to follow CDC guidelines.
    You sir are an ignorant fool. If it only affected you I'd let it go. Darwin and all that. The truth is you are most infectious just before and just after you show symptoms. It's the just before part that is the problem with the vast majority of people that actually care for others. I've been in healthcare long enough to know to KNOW that the just after part doesn't bother a great many. Given what you posted, you are among the latter.

vCash
    You sir are an ignorant fool. If it only affected you I'd let it go. Darwin and all that. The truth is you are most infectious just before and just after you show symptoms. It's the just before part that is the problem with the vast majority of people that actually care for others. I've been in healthcare long enough to know to KNOW that the just after part doesn't bother a great many. Given what you posted, you are among the latter.
    Are you a doctor? A virologist? An epidemiologist? If not, then my beliefs hold just as much weight as yours, Chief.

vCash
    Are you a doctor? A virologist? An epidemiologist? If not, then my beliefs hold just as much weight as yours, Chief.
    Obviously a liver doc....duh

vCash
    Glad to see you beginning to see where we are headed.
    But it's not the correct call.... same shit going to be going on this time next year too.

vCash
    Do your own home work. I have no idea where I saw it, but it's no secret. Google it.
    I have. That's why I was wondering where you were getting your info. And don't be a dick.

The bigger point is the one study of 74 people in China (which I suppose is the data you are referencing) admittedly is not determinative of reinfection possibilities. As the cdc has stated, along with every scholarly article I've read, Nobody knows definitively the answer to that issue yet. What we do know is there are no confirmed cases of reinfection 5 months into the virus (South Korean doctors have debunked the theory of the alleged reinfection cases there), which is positive.

vCash
    So I have to chose between wearing a mask for 5 plus hours straight going to a football game, sucking in my co2, for your health or staying at home watching on TV? That's a no brainer.