Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But it's not the correct call.... same shit going to be going on this time next year too.
    This! Dang skippy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But it's not the correct call.... same shit going to be going on this time next year too.
    Yep. And grossly hypocritical given that it is Ok to protest. But these experts somehow know that no one contracted COVID from a protest but can determine it came from someone at a bar. Right....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Are you a doctor? A virologist? An epidemiologist? If not, then my beliefs hold just as much weight as yours, Chief.
    So you just admitted yours are totally invalid! LOL! That being said, I AM in healthcare, and DO have Dr. in front of my name, not that it means much with COVID. I have seen plenty with that designation who are total political idiots on this, and they have MD AFTER their name, which I don't. Make heroes of the nurses, respiratory therapists, and pulmonary docs. Also lionize the janitors and cleaning folks. To evaluate medically published papers, here we go..Nearly all of what has come out up till now is suspect. It's not some conspiracy nonsense, it's the nature of the game. It's a function of time. Medical science on ANYTHING new takes time. THEN you follow the money. Now I also took multiple graduate level courses at MSU in relevant courses. I also have to keep up as it pertains to my field currently. If I don't right now, for the first time since when HIV was new back when I was in school, … I die, so do my employees, clients, and family members. That is motivation beyond what most of you guys are facing, THANK GOD. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'm tired of it and what we have to do now, and I'm not front line. It absolutely SUCKS I'm beyond happy when the weekend comes, and I've never really been like that before. I can't imagine what the front line people are going through. Watching people die, and telling their loved ones about it, is why I branched of when I did. I couldn't do it. I came close exactly twice in my career so far. One was a person I saw only once. The other was someone I knew, and knew their family. It wasn't my call but I had an idea where it was heading.

vCash
    Again Dr. Agus (look him up if you want) is very connected to top researchers and he believes there is already a vaccine ready and being tested. The vaccine was being developed for something else so it's gone through the human testing phase. Now they've introduced Covid-19 virus to it and that is being tested now. Says the data looks promising. Possibly ready by September. Wearing masks, slowing the spread plus a vaccine and we'll whip this thing. And get to watch the Dawgs score a lot of points this Fall! Come on people... lets at least try and slow down the spreading!

https://davidagus.com/bio/
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 06-26-2020 at 12:21 AM.

vCash
    Who said the protests didn't help spread it? Most logical people know that it did. No one "gave permission" for the people to protest except that it's a right to do so.

vCash
    Bentonville Arkansas businesses adhere to mask wearing. The surrounding areas (Rogers, etc) do not. It truly depends on each town/people that represent. Since Bentonville is a HUGE touristy place (mtbiking, in case nobody knows...it's amazing there) and also Walmart's corporate HQ, which means execs with education. They are smart enough to know the reality of this pandemic, unlike a LOT of dumbasses here. The ENTIRE COUNTRY is suffering economically from this. The numbers are STILL INCREASING. Where a FREAKING MASK, snowflakes!

vCash
    Wrong

Crashing our economy for something that has proven by the numbers to be nowhere near as bad as the chicken littles like you have predicted is what China dreamed for and got. YOU are the Chinese agent. Sorry it's a tough world out there. People die from different things every day. You cannot function as a society if you crawl in a hole to be afraid of everything.

In the USA there have been 2,410,978 cases and 118,031 deaths. 118031/2410978= 4.9% You don't destroy a country for something with less than a 5% death rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Wrong

Crashing our economy for something that has proven by the numbers to be nowhere near as bad as the chicken littles like you have predicted is what China dreamed for and got. YOU are the Chinese agent. Sorry it's a tough world out there. People die from different things every day. You cannot function as a society if you crawl in a hole to be afraid of everything.

In the USA there have been 2,410,978 cases and 118,031 deaths. 118031/2410978= 4.9% You don't destroy a country for something with less than a 5% death rate.
    The actual death rate is well below 4.9%. If the actual death rate were 5%, there would be millions dead, and our country would be destroyed

vCash
    I want to know current numbers. We have COVID-19 total cases, but I bet around 80-90% of those are well again with no symptoms.

vCash
    I think he means infection rate to death. Could be wrong. One stat I wished they would publish is infection/recovered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Again Dr. Agus (look him up if you want) is very connected to top researchers and he believes there is already a vaccine ready and being tested. The vaccine was being developed for something else so it's gone through the human testing phase. Now they've introduced Covid-19 virus to it and that is being tested now. Says the data looks promising. Possibly ready by September. Wearing masks, slowing the spread plus a vaccine and we'll whip this thing. And get to watch the Dawgs score a lot of points this Fall! Come on people... lets at least try and slow down the spreading!

https://davidagus.com/bio/
    For those interested, here is a vaccine tracker.
    https://www.raps.org/news-and-articl...accine-tracker

The AZ1222 vaccine from Oxford has entered human trials and may be ready in September. It will be a 2 shot treatment 14 days apart. USA is precontracted to receive 400 Million doses, including approximately 30 million doses in September upon completion of the current phase 2/3 trial.

Assuming you apply the first 30 million doses against the most vulnerable members of society, and then apply the additional doses as they are manufactured with a similar risk-based approach, the AZ 1222 option could effectively control transmission by November. There are 10+ other options in less mature phases of development by 6 months or less.

One way or another, iif all goes well we could control the pandemic as early as Nov/Dec and with a very high likelihood by February/March.

This is why fall sports make no sense. You could likely have crowds back in the spring and very little risk of a stunted or interrupted season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I think he means infection rate to death. Could be wrong. One stat I wished they would publish is infection/recovered.
    Yes, confirmed cases to deaths is around 5%. But there are thousands upon thousands of unconfirmed cases where people get, tough it out on their own, or don't even know they have it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The actual death rate is well below 4.9%. If the actual death rate were 5%, there would be millions dead, and our country would be destroyed
    I think the actual death rate is less than 0.06%.

vCash
    Consider this:

If our nation and state had good leadership, and we aggressively tackled this virus from the beginning like New Zealand we did, y'all could already be back on your restaurant patios having brunch and nobody would be questioning football in the fall. The reason this is an issue is because of idiots refusing to wear masks and stop going out. That's it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    For those interested, here is a vaccine tracker.
    https://www.raps.org/news-and-articl...accine-tracker

The AZ1222 vaccine from Oxford has entered human trials and may be ready in September. It will be a 2 shot treatment 14 days apart. USA is precontracted to receive 400 Million doses, including approximately 30 million doses in September upon completion of the current phase 2/3 trial.

Assuming you apply the first 30 million doses against the most vulnerable members of society, and then apply the additional doses as they are manufactured with a similar risk-based approach, the AZ 1222 option could effectively control transmission by November. There are 10+ other options in less mature phases of development by 6 months or less.

One way or another, iif all goes well we could control the pandemic as early as Nov/Dec and with a very high likelihood by February/March.

This is why fall sports make no sense. You could likely have crowds back in the spring and very little risk of a stunted or interrupted season.
    Thanks for the details! Sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Consider this:

If our nation and state had good leadership, and we aggressively tackled this virus from the beginning like New Zealand we did, y'all could already be back on your restaurant patios having brunch and nobody would be questioning football in the fall. The reason this is an issue is because of idiots refusing to wear masks and stop going out. That's it.
    Why stop at New Zealand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and be THAT guy.

Without a vaccine, herd immunity is the only thing that will get us through this.
    Enough people get it and get through it, the spread slows to a crawl, and a vaccine eventually hits the market.

Don't wear a mask if you don't want to.
    Finally some sense in this. Unless you're wearing a N95 mask your mask isn't doing anything. Especially since most people adjust them, take them off, touch their face under their mask.

Data do not back cloth masks to limit COVID-19, experts say
    https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...19-experts-say

it's not uncommon to see people wearing surgical masks in public to protect against pathogens and pollution. But those masks don't help much in the context of a virus, Schaffner said. "They're not designed to keep out viral particles, and they're not nearly as tightly fitted around your nose and cheeks" as an N95 respirator, he said.

https://www.livescience.com/face-mas...ronavirus.html

In this video, Dr. Knut Wittkowski explains why ?lockdown? and social distancing will likely cause more casualties in the medium to long-term than non-scientific claims of ?lives saved? currently being made by politicians and their allied media. In other words, being ordered by government and mainstream media to stay indoors during the spring may actually be helping the coronavirus survive much longer than it normally would and mutate further or recombine with a flu strain, risking a second more deadlier wave in the coming fall and winter.

https://21stcenturywire.com/2020/04/...actually-work/
    Last edited by MrCoachKlein; 06-26-2020 at 09:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Wrong

Are you serious about not destroying a country for a 5% death rate?

Whatever we are doing as a country isn't working. Spain and Italy seem to have it under control. Why can't we? There is simply no reason other than people refusing to do their part as a result of political ideology that has decimated our country. I haven't seen a single medical professional say wearing a mask is optional.

Between protests, large public gatherings, bars reopening, I don't see how this won't spread very quickly. A few weeks ago, the FloraBama was packed.

I'm not sure why these threads are even started anymore, there are some posters who are like C34 and his Stans rants. No matter what happens no one will utter the words "Its possible I was wrong, and this is a ****ing problem" same way C34 would never utter the words "Stans is a solid coach that always has us on the bubble or in the tourney, the next guy or guys may not be able to do that".

ITs frustrating, but IT is not going away anytime soon unfortunately.

vCash
    Yeah, New Zealand, an island with a minimal population and the ability to literally shut the borders completely, which they did and still have. It's a beautiful country. I've performed and lectured there. I have good friends who live there who we stayed with. It's fantastic, but to try to compare it to the United States is absolute nonsense and purely agendized.

The early actions that were taken by the administration in the US were instantly hailed as racist and unhelpful. Also nonsense and purely agendized.

We have seen plenty of variance of local control, governors letting people in, or out, or restricting travel, etc. And taken on the whole, everyone is still dealing with the same issues. Trying to make this virus a "blame Republicans/blame Democrats" thing is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country.

Sorry, but the "coulda shoulda woulda -- let's blame Trump" thing is pure BS. Cuomo could have done more in his state and didn't.

Good grief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Consider this:

Jesus christ, this has to be a satire post. An isolation island nation of less than 5 million people... I really want to believe you wrote that ironically, surely nobody can be that dense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    Yeah, New Zealand, an island with a minimal population and the ability to literally shut the borders completely, which they did and still have. It's a beautiful country. I've performed and lectured there. I have good friends who live there who we stayed with. It's fantastic, but to try to compare it to the United States is absolute nonsense and purely agendized.

The early actions that were taken by the administration in the US were instantly hailed as racist and unhelpful. Also nonsense and purely agendized.

We have seen plenty of variance of local control, governors letting people in, or out, or restricting travel, etc. And taken on the whole, everyone is still dealing with the same issues. Trying to make this virus a "blame Republicans/blame Democrats" thing is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country.

Sorry, but the "coulda shoulda woulda -- let's blame Trump" thing is pure BS. Cuomo could have done more in his state and didn't.

Good grief.
    Can we not stop the Mexicans and Canadians from bringing it over the border? Right when we get it under control, a bunch of Canadians show up and bring it back?

No, it's being community spread.

It doesn't matter if NZ is an island. Their government actually did something quickly and decisively. Ours did not. Ours called it a hoax. Ours said it would magically disappear. Today, our government is giving the first press conference in 2 months now that the stock market is being affected again. That is the difference.

There are plenty of other countries that are more populated and with actual land borders that have also done what NZ did and had success. Germany, Italy, Spain, South Korea, etc.

China is observably back to normal. They had a cluster of like 100 infections in Beijing last week and have it under control now.

Trump literally said that he's trying to get us to test less so that there are less cases. Yeah, let's not ever test for cancer either. Problem solved.

Trump is not a god. He is not above criticism, especially on this issue.