Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Releases Noose Photo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Way to go straight political there bud. Straight to the bottom.
    Let’s see how long it takes ScoobaDawg to close this thread once a conservative argues with you.

Welcome back... that's not...exactly... how this works though. but Ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    This is true. Sadly there aren't many normal Americans left. There will be a blue wave in November.

Noose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    That's where you are wrong. The base of both parties thinks their group isn't going hard enough. The left is obviously insane totalitarians as on full display the last month and the right never gets anything they want because there is only one party in DC, the Uniparty, and they serve the Fortune 500.
    The Left are insane Totalitarians????

And Rex, you told us yesterday you wanted: To cap personal net worth at $29 million, Limit yearly income to $1 million a year, give every American $20,000 a year in guaranteed income, Give every family $230,000 for housing, and Free College for all.

Who is to the "left" of all that???

vCash
    Can easily see why the Wallace team member reported that. I've never seen a real hangman's noose, but that looks like one you would see on tv for sure.

The only screw up here was by nascar. You don't release a statement Sunday calling it hate filled and a "heinous act" for which whomever is found responsible will be kicked out of nascar, and then say now we will conduct an investigation. That painted the narrative that it was a hate crime and directed at Wallace before any investigation took place. You say we are aware of it and are launching an investigation. Always get the facts first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Can easily see why the Wallace team member reported that. I've never seen a real hangman's noose, but that looks like one you would see on tv for sure.

The only screw up here was by nascar. You don't release a statement Sunday calling it hate filled and a "heinous act" for which whomever is found responsible will be kicked out of nascar, and then say now we will conduct an investigation. That painted the narrative that it was a hate crime and directed at Wallace before any investigation took place. You say we are aware of it and are launching an investigation. Always get the facts first.
    This. Everyone so ready to rush to judgement now before any real facts are ever known.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    All the white drivers had a regular pull cord and Bubba had that. I'm sure Trump supporters think it's a pull cord, but that's a noose. Also, the Coronavirus is not a Democrat hoax. Separation of powers and executive oversight is a real thing. Obstruction of justice does exist. And climate change is real.

Dems - despite all this, your party leaders suck and are so far left normal Americans can't identify with them.

Ready. Set. Argue.
    Agree 100%

vCash
    One side of the spectrum is looking for a hot take, the other side is looking for reasons to be offended. The 80% in the middle aren't that vocal, because the are capable of independent thought. Normal is not sexy when there are so many competing media platforms vying for your attention.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Where are the guys who were talking about the different kinds of knots because I know nothing about them. I know a noose is some form of slip knot that would have be redone after each use and the other is some kind of boat knot that does have the appearance of a noose, but functions differently. I don't know why anyone would have retied the garage pull cord but it could be as simple as someone just used a knot they use for other purposes and gave zero % thought that it looked like a noose.

Given all the randomness to this whole thing I think it's very likely this was just a random series of events that unfolded in an unfortunate way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    That's not true at all. I would love Middle Ground Conservatives to start lifting their voices. Unfortunately they have kept really quite for a long time.
    And I would love to see some middle ground Democrats stand up against the anarchy that the far left are pushing on this country.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

They were investigating who tied the noose. We can all agree that it was a noose, clear as day. Given the atmosphere in which this story was made public, I feel NASCAR handled this about at well as I have seen. The narrative they established was clear that these actions were not going to be tolerated, period. That is what it takes. Now they also released an appropriate statement with the appropriate position based no the facts, but I agree with their method of setting the tone early. Shit guys, you see how much bullshit this country goes through on wearing a mask, because the President of the United States isn't setting the tone. Just imagine the blow back NASCAR would have justifiably seen if they were as wishy washy.

So I totally disagree with you. NASCAR did their job. There really wasn't a screw up by NASCAR, the media, Bubba Wallace, or really anyone else. You work off the information you have in hand in the context it was gained. Monday morning qBing this thing is, well kind of rich.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    And I would love to see some middle ground Democrats stand up against the anarchy that the far left are pushing on this country.
    Are you forgetting that we just held a primary? Democrats have done their job, by picking basically a middle candidate. Biden is about as middle as they come. Although I would have gone Klobachar if it were me.
    When was the last time Republicans picked a middle of the road guy. I would argue it was Mitt, but before that maybe HW.

Republicans had a shot at a true middle guy, Casich (sp) from Ohio. Primaries happened, and he faded fast.

So we had a choice between Biden, Sanders, Warren, Yang, Klobachar, and others. Biden is way more center than all of them.
    So to answer you, we have spoken up. The issue we face is now bringing in the Warren and Sanders people. It shoudn't be that tough, but I didn't think it would have been tough in 2016.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    A noose would cinch down tight on your hand if that rope is used as a door pull. I doesn't make any sense to tie it in a noose knot when that would defeat the purpose of the rope and someone would have fixed it within the past year. Did that loop serve a purpose is the question. Maybe when the door is shut you have to reach up to grab it with a hook or something. There's got to be a logical explanation for it.

vCash
    They were investigating who tied the noose. We can all agree that it was a noose, clear as day. Given the atmosphere in which this story was made public, I feel NASCAR handled this about at well as I have seen. The narrative they established was clear that these actions were not going to be tolerated, period. That is what it takes. Now they also released an appropriate statement with the appropriate position based no the facts, but I agree with their method of setting the tone early. Shit guys, you see how much bullshit this country goes through on wearing a mask, because the President of the United States isn't setting the tone. Just imagine the blow back NASCAR would have justifiably seen if they were as wishy washy.

So I totally disagree with you. NASCAR did their job. There really wasn't a screw up by NASCAR, the media, Bubba Wallace, or really anyone else. You work off the information you have in hand in the context it was gained. Monday morning qBing this thing is, well kind of rich.
    1. Nascar wasn't "investigating who tied the noose" at the time they issued the statement. It admits that.

2. NASCAR disagrees with you. It is apologizing today for jumping to conclusions and for the way it worded its statement Sunday, specifically not using the word alleged and for its accusatory tone. As it should, seeing as though they admittedly denounced the act as heinous and hateful BEFORE launching any kind of investigation. Get the facts first.
    Last edited by confucius say; 06-25-2020 at 04:16 PM.

vCash
    I don't see really much about anarchy out there. Most of the issues surrounding Trump stem from maybe 2 or 3 major flaws he has that most politicians do not have.
    1st - He has way way way too many financial stakes in emerging markets. He will not release his tax information. He will not set aside running his companies officially and even if he did, I am sure the man can multitask.
    2nd - He and even his extended family have been in gigantic financial debt. Even local law enforcement, federal law enforcement, and pretty much every other position high up has stipulations about the ability to be compromised by said debts.
    3rd - He continues to work outside the official channels of his own administration. From Manafort all the way to Gulliani. His back dealing with countries is very questionable from every angle, but especially because of the circumstances of his slight 70k vote win in 3 key states and the amount of social media flooding done by Russia.
    4th - The majority of voters didn't vote for this guy. I hate it for him, but his victory has been really hollow and the majority of the left will not let it go. just like he wouldn't let the bullshit birther stuff go, or he would let the hydroxyQ stuff go.

But what I always tell my left friends, Trump could win again, and guess what.... the sun will rise tomorrow. Obama wasn't the antichrist and he wasn't perfect, but he country did well under him and it will continue to do well under trump. Either way, I will wake up and go to work, being the bad ass mother 17er I am.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    1. Nascar wasn't "investigating who tied the noose" at the time they issued the statement. It admits that.

2. NASCAR disagrees with you. It is apologizing today for jumping to conclusions and for the way it worded its statement Sunday. As it should, seeing as though they admittedly denounced the act as heinous and hateful BEFORE launching any kind of investigation.
    Yeah, but they did set a tone. The correct tone, I might add. Also that doesn't mean they didn't handle it exactly the correct way which I still say they did. So they are walking back their rhetoric now, they had the correct position at the time.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

2. NASCAR disagrees with you. It is apologizing today for jumping to conclusions and for the way it worded its statement Sunday, specifically not using the word alleged and for its accusatory tone. As it should, seeing as though they admittedly denounced the act as heinous and hateful BEFORE launching any kind of investigation. Get the facts first.
    1. No it does not admit they hadn't started the investigation. Just says that the words chosen to the public should have been alleged and not more finite terms they used.
    2. NASCAR is just doing the classic, man I am glad that wasn't such and such. Happens at the end of every circumstance that was proven otherwise. Every single one.

I still see absolutely nothing wrong with how they handled this. Not a single thing. At least now, people are on notice on how NASCAR feels about this type of scenario. And it helped their image. Win, Win, and Win.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    A noose would cinch down tight on your hand if that rope is used as a door pull. I doesn't make any sense to tie it in a noose knot when that would defeat the purpose of the rope and someone would have fixed it within the past year. Did that loop serve a purpose is the question. Maybe when the door is shut you have to reach up to grab it with a hook or something. There's got to be a logical explanation for it.
    Well it doesn't appear to be tied correctly anyway. I believe a noose has 13 loops. so maybe it doesn't slide and works perfectly for grabbing it above you head.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Yeah, but they did set a tone. The correct tone, I might add. Also that doesn't mean they didn't handle it exactly the correct way which I still say they did. So they are walking back their rhetoric now, they had the correct position at the time.
    They specifically apologized for their tone today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    A noose would cinch down tight on your hand if that rope is used as a door pull. I doesn't make any sense to tie it in a noose knot when that would defeat the purpose of the rope
    You're talking to a gaggle of morons whose only likely experience with the Boy Scouts is pushing for "inclusive" scout leaders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    One side of the spectrum is looking for a hot take, the other side is looking for reasons to be offended. The 80% in the middle aren't that vocal, because the are capable of independent thought. Normal is not sexy when there are so many competing media platforms vying for your attention.
    Yep. Well said!