Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks Like We Got the Votes....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Or, and hear me out here, people don't want to be racist.
    That's different than "not caring" what a different flag looks like. Symbols, culture, community- these things matter. Atomized individuals chasing their next dollar without a care in the world to learn their neighbors names "don't care at all" about a flag because the idea of group representation is meaningless to them. They're like an individual, man, and that's all. Libertarian poison. But that's why every town is a cookie cutter replication of the same strip malls, the same chains, just meaningless consumerism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Appears this cat is the ring leader

[tweet2]1276232963710226432[/tweet2]
    Incidentally, this is the same dumbass that voted AGAINST the 100 million dollar federal grant to promote broadband internet to underserved areas of the state via electric power coops yesterday. He was 1 of only Senators 3 that voted against it in a bipartisan bill. The guy is a moron.

vCash

vCash
    The 2/3 majority needed will fall 1 or 2 votes shy...if Chris McDaniel has his way. The guy is a turd. And he has those last holdouts in his pocket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Incidentally, this is the same dumbass that voted AGAINST the 100 million dollar federal grant to promote broadband internet to underserved areas of the state via electric power coops yesterday. He was 1 of only Senators 3 that voted against it in a bipartisan bill. The guy is a moron.
    My wife and I would love to talk to him face to face for that rural internet vote. If you only knew what I’ve been through trying to get decent internet....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    My wife and I would love to talk to him face to face for that rural internet vote. If you only knew what I’ve been through trying to get decent internet....
    I and thousand of others in this state feel your pain. McDaniels is the exact type of person that we need out is Mississippi politics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    The 2/3 majority needed will fall 1 or 2 votes shy...if Chris McDaniel has his way. The guy is a turd. And he has those last holdouts in his pocket.
    The Chairman of the Mississippi Republican Party has come out in support of change. I imagine if tells them to get in line or get primaried, they'll vote for change.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    He?s bluffing. He is just trying to make himself relevant again while positioning himself to run against Tate in 4 years. That is if Tate votes with the house and senate to change the flag.

vCash
    I'm with you on that. It's like people who live in the rural areas don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    My wife and I would love to talk to him face to face for that rural internet vote. If you only knew what I?ve been through trying to get decent internet....

vCash
    If the legislature drops the ball on this, it will make me glad I don't live there anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    If the legislature drops the ball on this, it will make me glad I don't live there anymore
    As opposed to living where people are rioting, looting, and ripping down statues en masse full on cultural revolution style?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    As opposed to living where people are rioting, looting, and ripping down statues en masse full on cultural revolution style?
    Plenty of states in between this spectrum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Plenty of states in between this spectrum
    Okay, plenty of states aren't... "not every state is pushing a Maoist revolution" isn't the point. The point is there is a Maoist style cultural revolution being pushed in America.

vCash
    Okay, plenty of states aren't... "not every state is pushing a Maoist revolution" isn't the point. The point is there is a Maoist style cultural revolution being pushed in America.
    No, the point is THAT has nothing to do with THIS specific issue. THIS specific issue is about logic, common sense and human decency.

There is no logical argument for keeping the flag at this point just "gosh, my granddaddy fought under the flag and by golly this worlds going to hell in a hand basket so if they take our flag they'll come after our Bibles and our children next!" Just a string of logical fallacies at the cost of loving your neighbor and the economic well being of the state.

vCash
    Don't be a snowflake bro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Don't be a snowflake bro
    Destruction of western civilization, NBD.

vCash
    When you get banned again, will it be your 2nd or 3rd time? I'd actually prefer your JoMo rhetoric than all this drivel.

vCash
    How is it really affecting your day to day life? Probably very little. Turn off the TV. Is it that upsetting to see an Olive Garden down the road?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLGDawg View Post
    I'm with you on that. It's like people who live in the rural areas don't matter.
    Hey!!!! Maybe we should start an organization and make some t shirts!!!

vCash
    You sound like you're in a basement with an AR15 and 500 cans of Vienna Sausage.