Losses to
    Nc State
    aTm
    Bama
    LsU
    AUB
    Kentucky
    Ole Miss

I will say this right now, we do not lose to NC State, Kentucky, and Ole Miss.
    I still say we go 7-5 or 8-4 winning at least 2 or maybe all three of those games. The one I worry most about is @Kentucky.

NC State was the worst team in their conf last year.
    Kentucky is going to be about the same as last year.
    Ole Miss will probably be slightly better now they ditched Rich Rod and Fat Frat guy.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    N.C. State is the toughest game on that list. We will be early in the offense and defense and they will be jacked up at home. But we are in better shape than them.

I think OM will regret getting rid of rich rod and mac. They bragged and bragged how much better they got on defense then got rid of the guy. They will probably be the worst defense in the league. But we could be it if we get some injuries. We stay healthy we will be competitive. Leach will have them competing and honestly after Moorhead that?s what I?m looking forward to the most. Doing the little things right and fighting. Being prepared to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    N.C. State is the toughest game on that list. We will be early in the offense and defense and they will be jacked up at home. But we are in better shape than them.

I think OM will regret getting rid of rich rod and mac. They bragged and bragged how much better they got on defense then got rid of the guy. They will probably be the worst defense in the league. But we could be it if we get some injuries. We stay healthy we will be competitive. Leach will have them competing and honestly after Moorhead that?s what I?m looking forward to the most. Doing the little things right and fighting. Being prepared to play.
    OM was very well coached on defense last year. I agree that they suck on that side of the ball this year. I think they probably take a step forward offensively as long as they don't botch the QB battle. Corral is the better QB. JRP is a threat with the ball on his hands, but he's not so good at getting it into his teammates' hands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    OM was very well coached on defense last year. I agree that they suck on that side of the ball this year. I think they probably take a step forward offensively as long as they don't botch the QB battle. Corral is the better QB. JRP is a threat with the ball on his hands, but he's not so good at getting it into his teammates' hands.
    Ole Miss also had a ton of upperclassmen and let's be honest- there was almost no way they were going to be worse than they were in 2018 especially with a run heavy offense eating up more time of possession.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

I agree. At this point I feel like we're building towards 2023. But I don't know about these sports prediction people because I'm assuming that they are using data based on Costello being hurt last year and our defense missing multiple players a majority of the time and not taking into account our cultural and S&C issues that we are more intimately aware of compared to black and white data.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree. At this point I feel like we're building towards 2023. But I don't know about these sports prediction people because I'm assuming that they are using data based on Costello being hurt last year and our defense missing multiple players a majority of the time and not taking into account our cultural and S&C issues that we are more intimately aware of compared to black and white data.
    Great points here. I see us at 8-4. Maybe 9-3.

vCash
    Yeah, you have to think these prognosticators didn't hear that we have Costello. The guy should add 2-3 wins to our record by himself.

vCash
    I thought Lane Kiffin was the fat frat guy?

vCash
    What did SG1 say about ole miss? New coaches, new system also. So SG1 is saying Kiffin>Leach?

Bullshit.

We will win more than five games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I thought Lane Kiffin was the fat frat guy?
    Not quite as fat as Luke, but yes Freshwater Fat.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    They have KJ ranked as the 7th best QB in the country. I wonder if he would still be ranked that high if he did not have the Stanford pedigree instead rose through the ranks at State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    They have us sitting 5-7 this year.
    Losses to
    Nc State
    aTm
    Bama
    LsU
    AUB
    Kentucky
    Ole Miss

I will say this right now, we do not lose to NC State, Kentucky, and Ole Miss.
    I still say we go 7-5 or 8-4 winning at least 2 or maybe all three of those games. The one I worry most about is @Kentucky.

NC State was the worst team in their conf last year.
    Kentucky is going to be about the same as last year.
    Ole Miss will probably be slightly better now they ditched Rich Rod and Fat Frat guy.
    None of those losses are far fetched, and we unfortunately have some toss up games early when we will probably still be having pretty significant growing pains with the new offense and defense. Still don't think we lose to Nc State, UK, and Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    None of those losses are far fetched, and we unfortunately have some toss up games early when we will probably still be having pretty significant growing pains with the new offense and defense. Still don't think we lose to Nc State, UK, and Ole Miss.
    Notice there's no outside the box thinking with this? What if we lose to NC State but wind up beating LSU or Auburn? That can happen too.

How many OM alums are with this SG1?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    They have KJ ranked as the 7th best QB in the country. I wonder if he would still be ranked that high if he did not have the Stanford pedigree instead rose through the ranks at State.
    How often does the team with the 7th best QB in the country not even make a bowl?

I'm struggling to remember any recent examples. Other positions, sure, but not QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    How often does the team with the 7th best QB in the country not even make a bowl?

I'm struggling to remember any recent examples. Other positions, sure, but not QB.
    I'm going to answer by own question and say Patrick Mahomes and Texas Tech went 5-7 in 2016. But it's still extremely rare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Notice there's no outside the box thinking with this? What if we lose to NC State but wind up beating LSU or Auburn? That can happen too.

How many OM alums are with this SG1?
    Yea, it can happen, but that's not typically waht people are going to predict, especially in pre-season picks. If we click, we could be dangerous in a lot of games. But assuming we don't come out firing on all cylinders when we have a new offense and new defense, I think we have 3 gimmes in OOC, then we have Arkansas which should be a win, and then four toss ups with NC St, UK, Mizzou and Ole Miss (not to say we won't be favored in any or all of those games, just not big favorites at this point; might change if we come out showing we are clicking), and then A&M, Auburn, LSU, and Bama who will presumably be a good bit more talented than us, although they have some question marks. I don't think 8 wins is unreasonable, I just think that would require us picking up the offense and defense quickly and having things go our way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I'm going to answer by own question and say Patrick Mahomes and Texas Tech went 5-7 in 2016. But it's still extremely rare.
    If it does happen, its usually because the defense of said team was terrible.

vCash
    Our offense will be way better than any of those numbnuts are figuring. It may take a little to get going but there are too many weapons to be inept. Defensively, we could be inept. NC State won't beat us unless our defense is Sirmon quality bad and gives up a td within 4 plays after our score. If that's the case we won't go bowling. We need some real surprises on defense.

vCash
    Possibly the best QB and one of the best returning RB’s in the SEC along with the Leach offense going 5-7...lulz...ok

vCash
    They are back to disrespecting us. Good! I like it that way.