Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We have an issue

vCash
    As I said after Sankeys comments, 1/2 the citizens of this state wouldn't give two schitts for State and OM. 75% aren't State fans.

Edit to add: ...and this is why I will always have a alias on message boards. A/holes like Rose bowl stalking.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 06-24-2020 at 04:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I support Kylin's efforts but I certainly could see where some MSU fans that are even for changing the flag would feel like Kylin is turning his back on his teammates and MSU fans. I mean if the Governor nor the legislature will not change the flag before football season and Kylin really doesn't play, the only ones getting hurt by it will be the MSU football team and MSU football fans. In fact, OM fans will relish in the fact that Kylin won't play for us. That's why I've said to make this effective, there needs to be some high profile OM and USM players that come out publicly saying they won't play either.
    It's a fine line.

First of all I agree with Kylin that the flag should be changed.

The thing about it is there is an obvious attitude "they love ME when I'm THEIR running back" vibe going on- and that is against the Herb Brooks "The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back" quote. I would like for him to stay- if not that's his decision- but I do want that individualist attitude across our entire TEAM to change. Not just Kylin- all the players. That's left over from the Moorhead era.

I support Mississippi State as a TEAM. I want the players to do well as individuals because I want the players on the TEAM to do well as a whole but for me personally that's as far as it goes. I don't view them as "my running back" or "my quarterback". They're just Bulldogs. I can tell that based on how they respond on social media that some of them want me to view then as "their linebacker" or "their player" but I don't. And I hope that most of our fans don't view them that way either or we're part of the problem too.

Because let's be honest here- what's the difference between Kylin not playing this year and getting hurt in fall practice and being out for the year which I hope doesn't happen because I don't want anyone to be hurt? We would move on without him like the other 500 times someone got hurt.

vCash
    The other thing is I think this will all be moot because I think the flag will change anyway so it's not worth worrying about too much anyway.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    You are not going to see any Ole Miss players join the cause. They have already been instructed to stay away from all of the talk because they don't want the name Ole Miss or Rebels put in the spotlight in any way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    You are not going to see any Ole Miss players join the cause. They have already been instructed to stay away from all of the talk because they don't want the name Ole Miss or Rebels put in the spotlight in any way.
    All they need is 1 mutiny for that "memo" to come out, and if it did....oh boy.

vCash
    I don't see how Ole Miss can totally stop one of their players from doing that if the player really wanted to. There is the transfer portal and if that player is being paid by boosters that player has the leverage to turn them in to the NCAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    If we don't come together on this soon this is going to crush our university people.

Steve Robertson did a little facebook stalking after a tweet by Dez Harris that contained some pretty substantial vitriol towards Kylin. Of the 40 or so profiles Steve looked up, only 1 had a connection to MSU. This situation is being hijacked by people who don't care about MSU. They want to hurt us.

Everyone across the nation is watching this. This could very well impact our university, our ability to recruit, and the willingness of people to come to the state of Mississippi. The number of people on here straight up bashing one of their own is absurd to me. Some of y'all need to get on the correct side. Calling a black player on our team a punk and a loud mouth just looking to get publicity is NOT the side you want to be on. Keeping the flag is a lose lose.

Protect your university and stand with Kylin.
    Sorry. I personally think Kylin Hill couldn't give a rat's rear end about the flag of the State of Mississippi. Kylin Hill's cause is Kylin Hill and calling attention to himself. So what happens if the flag is replaced (which by the way, I do support), and Kylin doesn't like the uniform combination of the day or the fact that the game might be played in the early morning time slot and he doesn't get to play in prime time on a particular game day? Is he going to just sit out in protest because he doesn't get his way? Primadonna's are a dime a dozen and usually it's a hard fall for them when the realities of life slap them upside the head.

vCash
    I can't believe that we still have this controversy in 2020. CHANGE THE ******* FLAG!

vCash
    I think he plays regardless. This is his payday year. He probably gets drafted if he sits out but not as high.

I’m also for changing the flag by the way.

I’m also for him voicing his opinions.

I’m also not for letting teammates, the university and fans that are with him down. People can’t shut down every time adversity pops up. I personally see it as weakness when people do that. It’s the easy way out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I like Jake Wims idea. Kylin can play his ass off and every time a camera is in his face he says it's time to change the flag. He chooses a flag design he likes and he waves that flag at every game. When he's on Finebaum or Sports Center he has that flag in the background and he says how much he loves his state but it's time to change the flag. Play for the publicity and use it to the full effect.
    Love this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This! I've talked to at least 50 of my friends that are State people and only one is for not changing the flag they're all 45 and older(I'm 55). Change it already let's get it done.
    Did you actually speak with them or was it via electronic communication (text, email, etc.). I only ask because I don't think I've actually spoken to 50 different people this entire year!

vCash
    Really nice for OM that they have such "obedient" players that do what they are told up in Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    If we don't come together on this soon this is going to crush our university people.

Steve Robertson did a little facebook stalking after a tweet by Dez Harris that contained some pretty substantial vitriol towards Kylin. Of the 40 or so profiles Steve looked up, only 1 had a connection to MSU. This situation is being hijacked by people who don't care about MSU. They want to hurt us.

Everyone across the nation is watching this. This could very well impact our university, our ability to recruit, and the willingness of people to come to the state of Mississippi. The number of people on here straight up bashing one of their own is absurd to me. Some of y'all need to get on the correct side. Calling a black player on our team a punk and a loud mouth just looking to get publicity is NOT the side you want to be on. Keeping the flag is a lose lose.

Protect your university and stand with Kylin.
    I will not stand with him, but I won't bash him either. I will ignore him for now because I know all he wants is attention and I'm not in the mood to give it to him until he's running up and down the field.

vCash
    This! I've talked to at least 50 of my friends that are State people and only one is for not changing the flag they're all 45 and older(I'm 55). Change it already let's get it done.
    We run with completely different crowds then. I cant name 10 people that want to change it. I personally don't give a rip anymore. It's just a flag. Changing it isn't going to change a thing though I'm afraid. Until hearts change and an attitude of love and respect for each other is shown on all sides nothing much will change.

vCash
    The thing with Kylin is that he needs to play this year if he hopes to get drafted. So this thing might backfire on him. It's obviously his choice and he can do what he wants, but I'm not sure this helps him in the long run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    We run with completely different crowds then. I cant name 10 people that want to change it. I personally don't give a rip anymore. It's just a flag. Changing it isn't going to change a thing though I'm afraid. Until hearts change and an attitude of love and respect for each other is shown on all sides nothing much will change.
    there's more than 10 people right here in this thread that want to change it ... Georgia went through this same thing until the Governor had to take charge to get it done..... and it was costing Georgia untold millions in business deciding not to expand, relocate, or establish operations here all because pride and ignorance of the folks that didn't want it changed .... it's a reflection of a bad time in our history - why would we want to keep it as a constant reminder that we as a country screwed up ? I get the don't bury your head in the sand and forget but it's just not worth the strife it causes. It's yesterdays tired same old old ass news - let's move on .... ALL of us

ETA - I said ignorance because in Georgia I opposed changing just for the sake of changing until I found out that the then current flag was adopted in 1956 as an in your face thing - once I was enlightened it changed my mind instantly
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 06-25-2020 at 07:20 AM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Maybe it won't change a thing, maybe it will. But NOT changing it undercuts the chance for improvement and at this point almost certainly WILL make things worse for the State overall economically and socially. I don't see how that's even debatable and makes this whole thing a really easy decision.

vCash
    I wholeheartedly agree that until love and respect is reciprocated by all sides that nothing will change. That is what does have to change more than anything.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 06-25-2020 at 10:44 AM.

vCash
    I agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    The thing with Kylin is that he needs to play this year if he hopes to get drafted. So this thing might backfire on him. It's obviously his choice and he can do what he wants, but I'm not sure this helps him in the long run.
    Kylin will play. There are dozens of ways he can walk this back and move forward differently on this platform while playing. If it even comes to that.

The question is whether this alienates the team from the fan base or fractures the locker room. And I think the answers are both no. I think this helps us - it aligns the staff, school, university and (most of) the fan base around a common positive cause.