Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have an issue

vCash

We have an issue

If we don't come together on this soon this is going to crush our university people.

Steve Robertson did a little facebook stalking after a tweet by Dez Harris that contained some pretty substantial vitriol towards Kylin. Of the 40 or so profiles Steve looked up, only 1 had a connection to MSU. This situation is being hijacked by people who don't care about MSU. They want to hurt us.

Everyone across the nation is watching this. This could very well impact our university, our ability to recruit, and the willingness of people to come to the state of Mississippi. The number of people on here straight up bashing one of their own is absurd to me. Some of y'all need to get on the correct side. Calling a black player on our team a punk and a loud mouth just looking to get publicity is NOT the side you want to be on. Keeping the flag is a lose lose.

Protect your university and stand with Kylin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    If we don't come together on this soon this is going to crush our university people.

Steve Robertson did a little facebook stalking after a tweet by Dez Harris that contained some pretty substantial vitriol towards Kylin. Of the 40 or so profiles Steve looked up, only 1 had a connection to MSU. This situation is being hijacked by people who don't care about MSU. They want to hurt us.

Everyone across the nation is watching this. This could very well impact our university, our ability to recruit, and the willingness of people to come to the state of Mississippi. The number of people on here straight up bashing one of their own is absurd to me. Some of y'all need to get on the correct side. Calling a black player on our team a punk and a loud mouth just looking to get publicity is NOT the side you want to be on. Keeping the flag is a lose lose.

Yep.

vCash

100% agree .... we need to shout this from a mountain top
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

I stalked about 10-11 people on facebook that were bashing Kylin. Of all of them only 1 was an MSU fan/alumnus. The others were all Bama, Auburn, and Ole Miss fans/alumni. But I just sampled the first 10-11 that I saw.

vCash
    It's beginning to look like the flag may be gone by the end of the week. Delbert wants the legislature to do it now.

vCash

"Pride goeth before a fall."

Changing the flag is an easy one. It's not the death of Western Civilization.

vCash

I Tweeted this very thing to Tyler Horka. I simply asked him how he knew it was MSU fans he saw trashing Kylin. He didn't respond. Very telling.

vCash
    I agree 100%, it is time to change the flag. All of the MSU fans that I have talked to both stand with Kylin and want the flag changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_dawg View Post
    I agree 100%, it is time to change the flag. All of the MSU fans that I have talked to both stand with Kylin and want the flag changed.
    Same. I've not talked to a single MSU fan that I know personally that hasn't sided with Kylin or the removal of the state flag. I have seen a looooooooooootttt of Alabama residents talking about how the Mississippi flag is "their heritage".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I stalked about 10-11 people on facebook that were bashing Kylin. Of all of them only 1 was an MSU fan/alumnus. The others were all Bama, Auburn, and Ole Miss fans/alumni. But I just sampled the first 10-11 that I saw.
    I don't do twitter but where on Facebook do you go to post a supportive message to Kylin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I don't do twitter but where on Facebook do you go to post a supportive message to Kylin?
    Hailstate dawg pound .... I think there are a couple of other different pages (sites)
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    You think Kylin doesn't read this board?

Kylin, I am with you man. Please spend the day talking to every legislator in Jackson. have you buddies making calls and getting them on the phone. You can change it.
    Blasting on Twitter doesn't do much, but if you call them personally it will be changed by close of business tomorrow.

Everyone knows Kylin trolls as either Rex or Burts Stare.**
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    The problem I see is people assuming all of those people against Kylin are MSU fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    You think Kylin doesn't read this board?

Kylin, I am with you man. Please spend the day talking to every legislator in Jackson. have you buddies making calls and getting them on the phone. You can change it.
    Blasting on Twitter doesn't do much, but if you call them personally it will be changed by close of business tomorrow.

Everyone knows Kylin trolls as either Rex or Burts Stare.**
    If Kylin is Rex we got bigger problems.****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The problem I see is people assuming all of those people against Kylin are MSU fans.
    I support Kylin's efforts but I certainly could see where some MSU fans that are even for changing the flag would feel like Kylin is turning his back on his teammates and MSU fans. I mean if the Governor nor the legislature will not change the flag before football season and Kylin really doesn't play, the only ones getting hurt by it will be the MSU football team and MSU football fans. In fact, OM fans will relish in the fact that Kylin won't play for us. That's why I've said to make this effective, there needs to be some high profile OM and USM players that come out publicly saying they won't play either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I support Kylin's efforts but I certainly could see where some MSU fans that are even for changing the flag would feel like Kylin is turning his back on his teammates and MSU fans. I mean if the Governor nor the legislature will not change the flag before football season and Kylin really doesn't play, the only ones getting hurt by it will be the MSU football team and MSU football fans. In fact, OM fans will relish in the fact that Kylin won't play for us. That's why I've said to make this effective, there needs to be some high profile OM and USM players that come out publicly saying they won't play either.
    I believe that Kylin won't be the only one to sit out if nothing is done. And if that happens, it will turn against the legislators even more than is already happening.

vCash
    This... I mean come on people why do we ALWAYS have to explain this...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickCityDawgs View Post
    I believe that Kylin won't be the only one to sit out if nothing is done. And if that happens, it will turn against the legislators even more than is already happening.
    Well we need the other ones that won't play to come out NOW to put pressure on the legislature while they are still in session. And there definitely needs to be some players from OM and even USM to get the maximum effect.

vCash
    I like Jake Wims idea. Kylin can play his ass off and every time a camera is in his face he says it's time to change the flag. He chooses a flag design he likes and he waves that flag at every game. When he's on Finebaum or Sports Center he has that flag in the background and he says how much he loves his state but it's time to change the flag. Play for the publicity and use it to the full effect.

vCash
    Same. I've not talked to a single MSU fan that I know personally that hasn't sided with Kylin or the removal of the state flag. I have seen a looooooooooootttt of Alabama residents talking about how the Mississippi flag is "their heritage".
    This! I've talked to at least 50 of my friends that are State people and only one is for not changing the flag they're all 45 and older(I'm 55). Change it already let's get it done.