Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FBI: Bubba Wallace incident confirmed hoax

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Btw, since you've decided to swan dive head first into the white supremacist tropes, I'm curious what your next user-name will be when you inevitably wear out your welcome again? 007 last time....Rex this time....what's next? And while you're at it, why not just lay all your cards on the table. How about explain your issues with Israel you hinted at in the other thread?
    Not wanting your history, culture, nations, and religion done away with is now "supremacy" - got it, Mr. water carrier for the Fortune 500.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    "White people's history and culture is being systematically targeted for erasure and everywhere they live there is a program of systematic demographic replacement."

What level of "racism" does that fall under: 1, 2, or 3?
    Whomp whomp

vCash
    got it, Mr. water carrier for the Fortune 500.
    Very astute retort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Who do they need to apologize to? Who needs to do the apologizing? Seems to me no one was involved in this situation. Are you saying the media should apologize? They didn't raise the alarm, NASCAR did. I really do not see who owes who an apology. Did the story hurt you as a white person? Did it offend you? I would say that more than 80% would be disgusted by it. More like 90%. And that is a good thing. The problem is, the other 10% have a serious issue, that at this point no one can address or correct. it is the way they were raised or personal ideology they personally prescribe to. Not unlike fundamentalist Muslims in that way. Ideologies are impossible to change. Also, those 10% pollute the issue in the public forums. 10% leads to a dumb ass discussions about defending something that is kin to the person that would hang a noose.

Back to the original post. What the hell is this entire topic about? You want me to admit the media got it wrong? They sure did. So did Bubba, his entire crew, the car owner, NASCAR, all other drivers, and everyone that heard the initial information.
    The awesome thing to me is that NASCAR handled this fantastically. They dropped the hammer and stated that anyone involved would be banned for life. The drivers stood with their fellow competitor in support. Old timers like Richard Petty showed his support, linking old ass bitches to this situation. Literally everything was handled perfectly. They even worked with the FBI to get an answer to the situation. Perfect.

So to Rex, you are vindicated. The entire media is out against your way of life.
    The people like Jemele Hill who said, and I quote, that the Bubba Wallace incident was 'a painful reminder of just how much people are invested in maintaining racist institutions' and said it is a reminder of who the sport is for. That is who should apologize. Was I personally offended by that? No, because I'm not a NASCAR fan. Can I understand how NASCAR fans could be offended by that kind of a picture painted of them? Absolutely.

And yes, I can guarantee some people like her were, deep down, actually disappointed it proved to not be true. That is pretty clearly the case, since they can't let it go even now.

I do support those fighting for the end of racism. I join that fight. Jumping onto incidents like this and riding them into the ground despite all evidence is counterproductive and actually serves to hurt that fight. That is my point. I believe it was handled correctly by pretty much everyone (except those making broader generalizations) up until the point at which it was proven to not be true. Once that happened, those backing away got it right. Those continuing to try to shape this into something worth discussing are now handling it incorrectly.

I agree with you that the fact that just about everybody agrees a purposeful noose inside someone's stall is disgusting and not tolerated is a positive thing. Some people want you to believe that many people don't think that's disgusting, and those are the people still riding this. That is not a positive thing.

vCash
    Pretty much any 007/Rex comment...

vCash
    For the record, I'm not with Rex. There is a point at the bottom of what he is saying specifically about the Bubba Wallace incident, but then he piles a bunch of crap I don't agree with on top of that point and goes way overboard. He would be one of the 20% I was talking about in the other direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The people like Jemele Hill who said, and I quote, that the Bubba Wallace incident was 'a painful reminder of just how much people are invested in maintaining racist institutions' and said it is a reminder of who the sport is for. That is who should apologize. Was I personally offended by that? No, because I'm not a NASCAR fan. Can I understand how NASCAR fans could be offended by that kind of a picture painted of them? Absolutely.

And yes, I can guarantee some people like her were, deep down, actually disappointed it proved to not be true. That is pretty clearly the case, since they can't let it go even now.

I do support those fighting for the end of racism. I join that fight. Jumping onto incidents like this and riding them into the ground despite all evidence is counterproductive and actually serves to hurt that fight. That is my point. I believe it was handled correctly by pretty much everyone (except those making broader generalizations) up until the point at which it was proven to not be true. Once that happened, those backing away got it right. Those continuing to try to shape this into something worth discussing are now handling it incorrectly.

I agree with you that the fact that just about everybody agrees a purposeful noose inside someone's stall is disgusting and not tolerated is a positive thing. Some people want you to believe that many people don't think that's disgusting, and those are the people still riding this. That is not a positive thing.
    Well, as a semi-fan of the sport and a family member/friend of avid fans of the sport, let me assure you that you need not feel for them... for she was absolutely correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Well, as a semi-fan of the sport and a family member/friend of avid fans of the sport, let me assure you that you need not feel for them... for she was absolutely correct.
    I'm not even saying she was wrong about the generalization she made. But using this to support that argument proved to be, obviously, false and ridiculous. Which should at the very least be corrected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Painting with a broad brush there, eh? Guess you "semi" racist as a "semi-fan"

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    "White people's history and culture is being systematically targeted for erasure and everywhere they live there is a program of systematic demographic replacement."

What level of "racism" does that fall under: 1, 2, or 3?
    Well let me know the parts they are systematically trying to target for erasure, and I will tell you at what level that white person's shit is racist.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    For the record, I'm not with Rex. There is a point at the bottom of what he is saying specifically about the Bubba Wallace incident, but then he piles a bunch of crap I don't agree with on top of that point and goes way overboard. He would be one of the 20% I was talking about in the other direction.
    "Way overboard" = way truthful. As the nation plunges leftward staying always in the "middle" just keeps you moving left too. Our society is a joke. The media uses lies about police brutality and "racism" being a widespread phenomenon and defend the rioting, looting, and violence that follows. Statues of founding fathers are being toppled daily. We're witnessing the destruction of our civilization and you people are too scared to point it out. Well, I'll say it. The king has no clothes. Racism is almost nonexistent in America. The interracial violent crime stats are so disproportionate it's almost comical and yet nobody talks about that. The Fortune 500 has more power than the Soviet politburo ever dreamed of and is turning the world crazy in hopes of breaking all relationship with the past, with community, with nationhood, with religion with collective group interests to line their pockets.

vCash

I think something that has to be placed into context with this incident is that NASCAR was already at DEFCON 1 because they had just banned the Battle Flag from events - and the first event would be at that bastion of rednecks known as Dega. And if you have ever been to a race at Dega, you know - it's redneck spectacle beyond compare. They had already had to kick people out with the flag, and I am sure they were expecting the worst. So, when you have something like this pop up in the middle of everything else- NASCAR over-reacting doesn't seem that out of line.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Well let me know the parts they are systematically trying to target for erasure, and I will tell you at what level that white person's shit is racist.
    We get it. You're driven by a fanatical anti-white animus. America today makes it easy to understand how the gulags we're allowed to happen.

vCash

She should apologize that this one instance was not a reminder of just how much people are invested in maintaining racist institutions. Then she should point at the fans that paid for the gigantic rebel flag sign pulled by the airplane around the course last week, and the people bitching about the rebel flag ban. Either way, she should apologize. Her example was the wrong one to use. At least my two examples have nothing to do with NASCAR proper. Which is awesome that NASCAR is doing their duty and trying to squash that kind of crap.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    We get it. You're driven by a fanatical anti-white animus. America today makes it easy to understand how the gulags we're allowed to happen.
    The only fanaticism in thread is coming from you, dude.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 06-24-2020 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think something that has to be placed into context with this incident is that NASCAR was already at DEFCON 1 because they had just banned the Battle Flag from events - and the first event would be at that bastion of rednecks known as Dega. And if you have ever been to a race at Dega, you know - it's redneck spectacle beyond compare. They had already had to kick people out with the flag, and I am sure they were expecting the worst. So, when you have something like this pop up in the middle of everything else- NASCAR over-reacting doesn't seem that out of line.
    I actually never considered the exact timing of this incident other than the national atmosphere. Great point. I would add, NASCAR didn't over-react. Their reaction was perfect and i wish more would follow their lead. TAP, TAP, MS legislature.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    you do realize that you viewpoint is the path to a gulag....right?
    My viewpoint is for equality. My viewpoint is the vast morale high ground.

I don't know you, but from reading your takes on things I would have to conclude we wouldn't agree about much.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Like I said...

vCash
    Rex
    What was the goal of this thread?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    you do realize that you viewpoint is the path to a gulag....right?
    My viewpoint is for equality. My viewpoint is the vast morale high ground.

I don't know you, but from reading your takes on things I would have to conclude we wouldn't agree about much.
    No, I think I know my history of Russia in 1917, Spain in 1936, and China in 1966 to understand where things are and which side you are on, but thanks for playing.