Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI: Bubba Wallace incident confirmed hoax

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    People have seen or are starting to see the racism that encompasses every aspect of our lives .
    It is my duty to fight back against this blood libel. Europeans are so incredibly anti-racist they've been brainwashed to give away their own nations, history, and culture. This has been done by the capitalists who want your identity not based on your ancestors, nation, and religion but in their products. Spiteful mutants like yourself, called "useful idiots" by the powers that be in the past, are just a pawn in the complete eradication of Western Civilization in favor of a global multicultural strip mall devoid of all that makes us human beings made in the image of God. They found that complete control was so much easier to implement under "liberal capital market Stalinism" rather than governmental control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    It is my duty to fight back against this blood libel. Europeans are so incredibly anti-racist they've been brainwashed to give away their own nations, history, and culture. This has been done by the capitalists who want your identity not based on your ancestors, nation, and religion but in their products. Spiteful mutants like yourself, called "useful idiots" by the powers that be in the past, are just a pawn in the complete eradication of Western Civilization in favor of a global multicultural strip mall devoid of all that makes us human beings made in the image of God. They found that complete control was so much easier to implement under "liberal capital market Stalinism" rather than governmental control.
    Please tell me the tinfoil hat you wear also comes with tinfoil condoms...

vCash
    I have some nooses hanging in my closet. Wait, those are neckties. Sorry.

vCash
    Part of the reason this took off as quickly as it did is because it played into the stereotypes people have of NASCAR, its fans, and the south in general. It was too easy for a whole lot of people to believe it happened; I would venture so far as to say that there are plenty of people who wanted it to be true so they could dogpile. That is a problem. I don't have an issue with what the media did until it was proven false. Now you have many continuing to say things like, 'It was a noose, and even if it wasn't directed at Bubba Wallace, it is a problem.' Based on what we now know, it really isn't a problem.

There is no doubt there are people on the other side who are just as bad or even worse, who either do have serious prejudice (we all have some level of prejudice) or at the very least want for people to go too far so they can point and laugh. They are too quick to dismiss any incident as being a hoax or inconsequential.

Both are bad, and both should be called out. If there had been a noose in Bubba Wallace's garage, it would be despicable and my guess is that at least 80% of people would be disgusted by it. The fact that I can't confidently say a higher % is a problem. But since there wasn't, everyone should agree that it was nothing and either apologize or at least move on. My guess is there are at most 80% of people willing to do that, and the fact that that number isn't higher is a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Part of the reason this took off as quickly as it did is because it played into the stereotypes people have of NASCAR, its fans, and the south in general. It was too easy for a whole lot of people to believe it happened; I would venture so far as to say that there are plenty of people who wanted it to be true so they could dogpile. That is a problem. I don't have an issue with what the media did until it was proven false. Now you have many continuing to say things like, 'It was a noose, and even if it wasn't directed at Bubba Wallace, it is a problem.' Based on what we now know, it really isn't a problem.

There is no doubt there are people on the other side who are just as bad or even worse, who either do have serious prejudice (we all have some level of prejudice) or at the very least want for people to go too far so they can point and laugh. They are too quick to dismiss any incident as being a hoax or inconsequential.

Both are bad, and both should be called out. If there had been a noose in Bubba Wallace's garage, it would be despicable and my guess is that at least 80% of people would be disgusted by it. The fact that I can't confidently say a higher % is a problem. But since there wasn't, everyone should agree that it was nothing and either apologize or at least move on. My guess is there are at most 80% of people willing to do that, and the fact that that number isn't higher is a problem.
    It is a sad state of affairs when people are disappointed that something wasn't racist just because it now no longer fits the narrative. You would think this would be a positive thing that it wasn't a noose. The mental gymnastics that one has to do to still justify this as a racist noose is pretty impressive. Gold medal standard.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't know anyone that is disappointed that it wasn't a noose. Thank God that it wasn't a noose. There is no place in this world for that type of demonstration. That should be left in the 1920s where it belongs.

My view on the "narrative" is that it is a great thing that so many people reacted the way they did to this story. This type of action should be called out every single time. It is fantastic that this situation did not prove to be what many feared it was, but the fact remains that this sort of action happens in real life. I don't deal with it, but some do. The fact that they do, is total bullshit in modern life.

The discussion about the "narrative" is just a weak discussion in my opinion. The narrative is simple, Racism is done and it will be called out publicly ever single time.
    If you don't like it, well better stand up and support those fighting for the end of racism. The faster we stop tolerating this type of action the sooner we can all just drop it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Part of the reason this took off as quickly as it did is because it played into the stereotypes people have of NASCAR, its fans, and the south in general. It was too easy for a whole lot of people to believe it happened;
    You mean to tell me assumptions of ill-will and malice were made about a group, because of their ethnic and cultural background? Surely the ?it?s a noose? crowd wouldnt behave that way.

vCash

Who do they need to apologize to? Who needs to do the apologizing? Seems to me no one was involved in this situation. Are you saying the media should apologize? They didn't raise the alarm, NASCAR did. I really do not see who owes who an apology. Did the story hurt you as a white person? Did it offend you? I would say that more than 80% would be disgusted by it. More like 90%. And that is a good thing. The problem is, the other 10% have a serious issue, that at this point no one can address or correct. it is the way they were raised or personal ideology they personally prescribe to. Not unlike fundamentalist Muslims in that way. Ideologies are impossible to change. Also, those 10% pollute the issue in the public forums. 10% leads to a dumb ass discussions about defending something that is kin to the person that would hang a noose.

Back to the original post. What the hell is this entire topic about? You want me to admit the media got it wrong? They sure did. So did Bubba, his entire crew, the car owner, NASCAR, all other drivers, and everyone that heard the initial information.
    The awesome thing to me is that NASCAR handled this fantastically. They dropped the hammer and stated that anyone involved would be banned for life. The drivers stood with their fellow competitor in support. Old timers like Richard Petty showed his support, linking old ass bitches to this situation. Literally everything was handled perfectly. They even worked with the FBI to get an answer to the situation. Perfect.

So to Rex, you are vindicated. The entire media is out against your way of life.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I don't know anyone that is disappointed that it wasn't a noose. Thank God that it wasn't a noose. There is no place in this world for that type of demonstration. That should be left in the 1920s where it belongs.

My view on the "narrative" is that it is a great thing that so many people reacted the way they did to this story. This type of action should be called out every single time. It is fantastic that this situation did not prove to be what many feared it was, but the fact remains that this sort of action happens in real life. I don't deal with it, but some do. The fact that they do, is total bullshit in modern life.

The discussion about the "narrative" is just a weak discussion in my opinion. The narrative is simple, Racism is done and it will be called out publicly ever single time.
    If you don't like it, well better stand up and support those fighting for the end of racism. The faster we stop tolerating this type of action the sooner we can all just drop it.
    You don't see an issue with immediately labeling an act or situation as racism before delving into the facts to determine if it actually was a result of racism? If nothing else, doing so "waters down" true racism. It's the like the boy who cried wolf; when there actually is a wolf, people may not believe you.

vCash
    Also, I believe most people learned to tie different type of knots for random shit. So there is that, too.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You don't see an issue with immediately labeling an act or situation as racism before delving into the facts to determine if it actually was a result of racism? If nothing else, doing so "waters down" true racism. It's the like the boy who cried wolf; when there actually is a wolf, people may not believe you.
    Sure, jumping to conclusions is a terrible thing. You do have to understand it wasn't one person that was concerned about this situation. It was literally 100s of people that were there in real time, with Bubba and his team. They thought it was questionable enough to bring it up. You have to trust their initial opinion. The second it gets out into the public, and I am not sure how it did, it is immediately discussed within the facts we know through what is happening in society. that is why it is great that it was clarified properly through actual people independent of the situation (FBI). Not everything is defcom 1, but I am glad that everyone involved handled this perfectly and it is awesome that it wasn't done as a direct attack against a driver.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    There is no doubt about being able to see racism is damn near anything. There is also no doubt that there are tons of racist crap in our typical lives. So much so, that most people don't even know they are being racist. Pointing it out is an important first step to getting everyone to a higher level of society. Sorry, but I am not sure how else to do it. Some people have to be embarrassed.
    I just disagree with this. When you have folks that are not racist and you begin telling them that things they do are racist and because they do these things they are a racist, you are setting up the divisiveness. So now those folks begin to blow off actual racism because they?ve been told they?re racist when they know they?re not. Basically crying wolf on racism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Also there are more than one type of "real racism". Sometimes people don't even know they are being racist. I would almost classify those actions as 3rd degree racism. People just need to be aware, and show an ability to try not to be racist. It is really that easy.
    We all can say, the confederate statues that were only installed to point out to black people that they are not in control, are racist and shouldn't be celebrated. Like 90% of those statues were erected during the hieght of Jim Crow and the civil rights movement. I would say, these specifically were erected to subjugate black people. 4 years of CSA cannot be what defines our culture and heritage. We have actual good stuff in our history to hold up.

We all can say, as Mississippians we have evolved beyond the need of the CSA battle flag on our flag. Race relations in Mississippi is an odd thing. We deal with it daily here, unlike places like MN.

the unfortunate thing, we once again look to be dragging our collective feet on civil rights stuff. The governor should have demanded the state flag to be removed like 40 years ago.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I just disagree with this. When you have folks that are not racist and you begin telling them that things they do are racist and because they do these things they are a racist, you are setting up the divisiveness. So now those folks begin to blow off actual racism because they?ve been told they?re racist when they know they?re not. Basically crying wolf on racism.
    i disagree. I have to remind people around me that their statements or outlook on something is at least borderline racist. It is usually people around 60-75 years old, but still. Sometimes those ideas need to be discussed out loud, because if not it is like condoning it. And I cannot for one do it, and I appreciate it when people call me out as well. helps prune the culture.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I do understand what you are saying as well. Like all things, nothing lives in absolutes. I don't see any downfall to just saying if you hear something, hey man that is a little racist. Almost all of us are trying to be better people and fellow citizens. We can get there, but it takes time.

If you know a better way, to help other people from being racist I would like to hear it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Also there are more than one type of "real racism". Sometimes people don't even know they are being racist. I would almost classify those actions as 3rd degree racism. People just need to be aware, and show an ability to try not to be racist. It is really that easy.
    "White people's history and culture is being systematically targeted for erasure and everywhere they live there is a program of systematic demographic replacement."

What level of "racism" does that fall under: 1, 2, or 3?

vCash
    "White people's history and culture is being systematically targeted for erasure and everywhere they live there is a program of systematic demographic replacement."

This is beyond bat shit, lol. What are you like the most fragile mother ****er on the planet or is your brain broken?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This is beyond bat shit, lol. What are you like the most fragile mother ****er on the planet or is your brain broken?
    Riiiiiight.... People aren't stupid you know.

vCash

Btw, since you've decided to swan dive head first into the white supremacist tropes, I'm curious what your next user-name will be when you inevitably wear out your welcome again? 007 last time....Rex this time....what's next?

And while you're at it, why not just lay all your cards on the table. How about explain your issues with Israel you hinted at in the other thread?

vCash
    Riiiiiight.... People aren't stupid you know.

Oh boy...nothing like fuzzy images off the internet with dubious provenience...