Thread: Sanderson CEO says he thinks keeping the flag will lose business

vCash

Sanderson CEO says he thinks keeping the flag will lose business

vCash
    What about keeping boys and girls bathrooms separate? What about when churches are targeted for not performing certain "weddings"? When our woke corporate overlords demand more societal decay will you money worshippers bend the knee? I'll bet you will.

vCash
    Listen to the man. He knows of which he speaks. Do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    What about keeping boys and girls bathrooms separate? What about when churches are targeted for not performing certain "weddings"? When our woke corporate overlords demand more societal decay will you money worshippers bend the knee? I'll bet you will.
    You sound like you already pee sitting down. Don't let them tread on your feelings!**

vCash
    Yes, removing the equivalent of a swastika from our flag is "societal decay."

vCash
    What about? What about? What about? Why are you always trying to change the subject? This is about the state flag.

vCash
    You just keep one upping yourself. Did you put this much effort combatting interracial marriages?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You just keep one upping yourself. Did you put this much effort combatting interracial marriages?
    I was thinking he sounded just like the old segregationists when they were fighting integration. Instead of discussing the issue they tried everything to introduce a red herring.

vCash
    I'm going to start reading his posts in Homer Stokes' voice, and imaging him going everywhere with "a little man" to "sweep this state clean of the corruption."
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm going to start reading his posts in Homer Stokes' voice, and imaging him going everywhere with "a little man" to "sweep this state clean of the corruption."

vCash
    Exactly. And they won't answer your question, just continue to try to insult you.

vCash
    As I have said in previous posts and on social media: name one things that the current Mississippi flag does from this state as a whole. One benefit. Just one.

The resounding answer is always......

**crickets**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Exactly. And they won't answer your question, just continue to try to insult you.
    It's been answered - he' is throwing up a red herring. The flag has nothing to do with transgender bathrooms, gay marriage, or perceptions of societal decay. It is about doing what is right, and removing a state symbol that is synonymous with slavery and white supremacy.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I get it that the MS flag insults the WOKE movement and others, I get that and I am not against it other than when will this stop. Meaning what else do they want to remove whether is is remotely associated with the Civil War or not? It seems to be going way too far - even wanting to remove the Lincoln statue in Boston? Are you kidding - he abolished slavery.

My question to all is OK, we change the MS flag but will it reduce or eliminate racism? Isn't that the goal? Racism will still be present in people that are racist today. Do you think just merely changing the flag will make a racist not a racist or make a non racist even more non racist or even move the needle towards non racism?

Yes, I know it will help financially according to news reports of boycotting MS until the flag is changed!
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 06-23-2020 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Fixed error in Lincoln reference - Boston statue not the memorial in DC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I get it that the MS flag insults the WOKE movement and others, I get that and I am not against it other than when will this stop. Meaning what else do they want to remove whether is is remotely associated with the Civil War or not? It seems to be going way too far - even wanting to remove the Lincoln Memorial? Are you kidding - he abolished slavery.

My question to all is OK, we change the MS flag but will it reduce or eliminate racism? Isn't that the goal? Racism will still be present in people that are racist today. Do you think just merely changing the flag will make a racist not a racist or make a non racist even more non racist or even move the needle towards non racism?

Yes, I know it will help financially according to news reports of boycotting MS until the flag is changed!
    No it won't change anything immediately but it will let us stop talking about it and concentrate on something that may help change society

vCash
    I get it that the MS flag insults the WOKE movement and others
    By "others", do you mean black people?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    My ears are bleeding from the dog whistles.

vCash
    By "others", do you mean black people?
    No, I mean others sympathetic to the movement regardless of the color of their skin or even corporations with ulterior motives - monetary only motives (Rex54 aught to be all over the corporate angle). I have a question, why is everyone so on edge and thinks that if not explicitly specified that racism is in play? I did not even give a second though of using the word "others" as to me it was perfectly clear what I meant.

Are we sure there are not wolves in sheep clothing on this site that question others motives and wording but they them selves are the racist? Common guys, the intensity level here is wild!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyDawg View Post
    You sound like you already pee sitting down. Don't let them tread on your feelings!**
    Ha! Rep given!

vCash
    No, I mean others sympathetic to the movement regardless of the color of their skin or even corporations with ulterior motives - monetary only motives (Rex54 aught to be all over the corporate angle). I have a question, why is everyone so on edge and thinks that if not explicitly specified that racism is in play? I did not even give a second though of using the word "others" as to me it was perfectly clear what I meant.

Are we sure there are not wolves in sheep clothing on this site that question others motives and wording but they them selves are the racist? Common guys, the intensity level here is wild!
    See, I knew exactly what you meant but so many people are rushing to judgment on every damn word that people say or type. It’s gotten crazy.