Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shame On Tyler Horka & MacKenzie Salmon for Painting Inaccurate Picture of MSU Fans

vCash
    Mac Solomon has time To tweet now since she has moved away... before she left she was too busy sitting court-side at the Pavilion and messaging with Craddock ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This. Sunlight is the best remedy.
    The issue is not suppressing one side. The issue is providing exposure to both sides. Tyler admitted he was not tweeting out the supportive of kylin side and stated he felt people had access to that side elsewhere. He has since said he sees how that comes across and tweeted out screenshots of people supporting kylin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I find it hard to believe though even with just the 247 sample there are more in favor of Kylin yet Horka basically claims he has not gotten ONE positive email. Again, better for him to keep this thing 'unhealthy'.
    Not sure about email but he for sure has gotten positive tweets bc I sent him one saying most of us support Kylins view of the flag and want it changed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Maybe we should be mad at our "fans" who don't support Kylin instead of a reporter who told us that they exist.
    This

vCash
    The message board crowd is much younger than the MSU fanbase average....
    This, when speaking about Genespage, lets me know that you just make stuff up. Maybe you meant the aggregate of all MSU boards? But the poll is on Genespage and you have to be a subscriber to vote on it.
    Last edited by SouthMSDog; 06-23-2020 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    it all goes away in about 6 months by just changing the flag.

Sure, if we change the flag there will be protest by hate groups for about 6 months & then everyone will just accept it

I don't see it going away. The flag will be changed at some point, then they will find something else to protest about. It is a canceled culture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Mac Solomon has time To tweet now since she has moved away... before she left she was too busy sitting court-side at the Pavilion and messaging with Craddock ...
    What was she messaging with Craddock about?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    I don't see it going away. The flag will be changed at some point, then they will find something else to protest about. It is a canceled culture.
    The flag isn't a part of cancel culture.

For each individual situation, you have to decide what's right and what's wrong. I think removing the flag is the right thing to do. Will the next thing be? IDK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    This, when speaking about Genespage, lets me know that you just make stuff up. Maybe you meant the aggregate of all MSU boards? But the poll is on Genespage and you have to be a subscriber to vote on it.
    "The message board crowd" as in all MSU message boards. None of them very representative of the MSU fanbase as a whole across a lot of demographics. This was in response to SD saying a message board poll was a statistically significant measure of the fanbase.

vCash
    "The message board crowd" as in all MSU message boards. None of them very representative of the MSU fanbase as a whole across a lot of demographics. This was in response to SD saying a message board poll was a statistically significant measure of the fanbase.
    Actually in that case it would be going against your argument as it is typically the older generations that like to hold onto things. If it is 70/30 on Genespage then I would be willing to make an educated guess that it is probably closer to 80/20 or 90/10 in support of Kylin since genespage wouldn't be taking into consideration younger people who are generally more open minded and then the african american portion of our fanbase who I would assume would back Kylin.

vCash
    The flag isn't a part of cancel culture.

For each individual situation, you have to decide what's right and what's wrong. I think removing the flag is the right thing to do. Will the next thing be? IDK
    I agree with changing the flag, but don't agree with knocking down statues or defacing them. I also see that people will turn to other state flags and eventually the American flag.

vCash
    I agree with changing the flag, but don't agree with knocking down statues or defacing them. I also see that people will turn to other state flags and eventually the American flag.
    Again, in each individual situation, you have to decide what you believe is right or wrong.

Choosing to do something wrong, due to fear of what may come next, is wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Actually in that case it would be going against your argument as it is typically the older generations that like to hold onto things. If it is 70/30 on Genespage then I would be willing to make an educated guess that it is probably closer to 80/20 or 90/10 in support of Kylin since genespage wouldn't be taking into consideration younger people who are generally more open minded and then the african american portion of our fanbase who I would assume would back Kylin.
    All I'm saying is that message board polls don't give a statistically significant view of our fanbase, for a variety of reasons, one of which is age.

I hope that it is 70-30 (or 100-0 really) in favor of Kylin.

vCash
    Don't underestimate how many of us older guys on on this board too. I know there's quite a few. I don't know how they feel about the flag issue, but I thought it was embarrassing 30 or 40 years ago. The legislature needs to show some guts and leadership and just change the damn thing. What the hell are they waiting on?
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Again, in each individual situation, you have to decide what you believe is right or wrong.

Choosing to do something wrong, due to fear of what may come next, is wrong
    10000% Truth. This also is the problem with the majority of resistance to inevitable change happening now in society.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Don't underestimate how many of us older guys on on this board too. I know there's quite a few. I don't know how they feel about the flag issue, but I thought it was embarrassing 30 or 40 years ago. The legislature needs to show some guts and leadership and just change the damn thing. What the hell are they waiting on?
    I?m 56 and feel the same way. This an embarrassment to the state because we will be shown to the country as only changing under pressure. This state has its pockets of racism from both sides but the majority work together to make things good. I travel 14-15 counties every week in North Ms and the Delta and I wouldn?t want to be anywhere else. The problem is this flag has hurt in getting some areas industry because of the backlash possible business and industry would feel coming to Mississippi.
    Lastly it?s a shame that we have a large percentage of our population living in a state with a flag that was meant to show them anything but respect

vCash
    This is shameful & nothing more two young reporters attempting to pander to the liberal meeting in an effort to advance their own careers.

MSU has welcomed these people yet they choose to paint an inaccurate picture about what is going on. I'm sure there are MSU fans that are against what Kylin is doing &/or don't want to change the flag, but they are the overwhelming minority.

Shame on these two.

MacKenzie tweeted something similar to Tyler but looks to have deleted it.

[tweet2]1275445319497465856[/tweet2]

Props to Brandon Walker

[tweet2]1275460642787471360[/tweet2]
    More trash from media, shocking.

vCash
    People everywhere have a hard time dividing the multiple issues here. Two separate decisions here where people are divided. This narrative if you don't agree with certain position then you must be a racist is delusional at best and evil at worst.

First most support Hill standing to have flag changed. I do as well.

I don't like the fact that he is stepping aside from his team and school that supports not having the current flag. MSU can't do anything about it so why hurt your team and your school? I may not like it but he is still a Dawg and I'll stick with him. Next man up, great opportunity. Decisions have consequences for everybody.

vCash
    So what is the end game of our politicians and why should they deserve our support going forward? I I expect a leader to lead, make tough and smart decisions for the better of their communities, not to hold on to an office and a paycheck

vCash
    Yep, get rid of anything I don't like will never stop, never has from the mob that has taken over America. How bout do stuff legally like civil societies do?