Thread: It's official, Dak koined the multi-millionaire club today

vCash

It's official, Dak koined the multi-millionaire club today

Per Dallas media, Dak signed his franchise tag contract today for $31.4M. He and the team have until July 15 to work out the long term portion of his contract.

vCash
    Yep. Still expect the long term deal to get done though.

vCash
    If Dallas would really commit to building it around him he would really shine. But handing it off to zeke under center wastes daks talent

vCash
    Hasn't Dak been in that club for several years, now???
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Hasn't Dak been in that club for several years, now???
    Yes. This contract is worth less than half of what he makes in endorsements, which is supposedly about 70 million and change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If Dallas would really commit to building it around him he would really shine. But handing it off to zeke under center wastes daks talent
    Hence the reason that Garrett and his conservative play calling are now in New York. It's about to get real in Dallas because Dak just bet on himself again by doing this. Dallas is going to regret not getting a long-term deal done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Yes. This contract is worth less than half of what he makes in endorsements, which is supposedly about 70 million and change.
    At this point, Dak bet on himself and won big. His endorsements and next year's paycheck more than set him for life, and if they don't work out a deal favorable to him, his franchise goes to like $43M the next season I believe? The only incentive he has to sign now is injury in the next year, which again, just means he's "only" going to earn around $35M plus endorsement money in his career. Now that Dallas made him take that risk for an entire year, if I were him, I wouldn't be interested in accommodating anything less than the last counter he made.

ETA: The only reason I wouldn't be done with Dallas if I were Dak is that Dallas qB probably is one of if not the best NFL position for endorsements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    At this point, Dak bet on himself and won big. His endorsements and next year's paycheck more than set him for life, and if they don't work out a deal favorable to him, his franchise goes to like $43M the next season I believe? The only incentive he has to sign now is injury in the next year, which again, just means he's "only" going to earn around $35M plus endorsement money in his career. Now that Dallas made him take that risk for an entire year, if I were him, I wouldn't be interested in accommodating anything less than the last counter he made.

ETA: The only reason I wouldn't be done with Dallas if I were Dak is that Dallas qB probably is one of if not the best NFL position for endorsements.
    Won big is an understatement. It's basically like winning the powerball every year for as long has he stays healthy. And I agree, Dallas QB is probably the premiere position for endorsements in the entire NFL. It's every kids dream job.

vCash
    Dak also took out an injury insurance policy. The dude is set either way.

At this point, he doesn't need money for personal needs. He can use it to change lives and make a difference. Not everyone that gets that kind of money does these things. I have a feeling he will try so the more he gets, the better off we all may be.