Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Kylin Hill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Most southerners fought because an army was headed their way. I'm for the flag because they (the modern communists) are against it, simple as that.
    Lol, ok Capt. Revisionist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol, ok Capt. Revisionist.
    Fat loser commie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Bleeding only maroon is ultimately the issue. That's NOT the only color. It's not the only experience. And you can feel that way. But when there are folks at his own school telling him he can go to hell, go f himself, or go to a HBCU, then yes, I would say that takes a lot of balls.

There's a lot of grown men on this board that wouldn't be able to handle that. Bringing harm to MSU because he threatens to not play one season of football? Seems a tad overkill to call it that when discussing larger societal impacts like this one
    I called him a drama queen. He is. I said he could leave if he wants. He can. When you can explain how it wasnt an issue for 3 years for him, but all of a sudden is now, I'll listen. He lead the SEC in rushing last year while the flag was in its present form. He had no complaints. Now it's a crisis. No, I frankly dont care about his latest tirade. From wanting to leave, to his love of Mullen to this says more about him than anything else. Look up the word narcissist.

vCash
    Fat loser commie
    Aw, you wound me. Glad you've specified your comment, actually. So, just to be clear....according to you, anyone who wants to change the state flag are commies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Aw, you wound me. Glad you've specified your comment, actually. So, just to be clear....according to you, anyone who wants to change the state flag are commies?
    Not all who want to change it are commies/cultural Marxists
    But all commies/cultural marxists want it changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Would you have said something different to this if Elgton Jenkins had been the one to say this? Or Fletcher Cox?

I'm a teacher and an administrator. So we aren't that dissimilar. I would run through walls for my kids. I've been there for them and told them they need to persevere. And you are right. One man is not bigger than the team. But there are certain societal ideals that are bigger than football. Race and the perception of racial injustice is one of those. It's an issue and it's not going away. Kid is trying to advocate for a little progress and change. I applaud him for that.

My big question is did he clearance to do this. I think that's the real question worth asking. Did he do it himself or did the university give him the ok?
    Do you expect elgton or fletcher to sit out in protest until it's changed? They are from MS too. I wonder if any other MS professional athletes will. And if not, why would they not.

vCash
    Imagine if our population was close to half Jewish and we were the last state with a swastika on our flag.

Football takes a backseat to this.
    Last edited by hacker; 06-22-2020 at 11:21 PM.

vCash
    Most southerners fought because an army was headed their way. I'm for the flag because they (the modern communists) are against it, simple as that.
    Yeah if those Yankee bastards at Fort Sumter hadn't fired on South Carolina, we wouldn't be in this situation right now! Do I need the /s?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I am not attacking the kid I am telling the truth. And as far as dealing with people of color I deal with all peoples. Young peoples. And I treat everyone of them the exact same. And if they are attention starved prima donnas who want to be catered too and patted on the back 24/7, twitter all stars and but limping off the field every 4 plays then I would hold them accountable. Stop making every little thing about race.

Marcus Murphy has been great other than tutorgate notice I have not said a word against him because I know the kind of kid he is. The Hail State family goes both ways. If you are willing to walk out on us over a symbol of a flag that has not even been flown on campus in years then you are probably more of the problem than you would like to admit. Marks is ready and willing to take your carries and there will be another kid hungry for a scholarship and that monthly stipend. Has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. I am from MS too and I would not walk out on my kids over something like this. That is what makes football great. All of that should go away in the locker room and especially in the huddle. It does not mean a thing between the lines. I know life is bigger than football and I want all our athletes to feel welcomed but I also want them to love MSU and it be about we not me
    Change the flag, yesterday!

Agreed, most of these people would read his twitter and feel totally opposite of their stance on this issue when compared to how he views the rest of the world. When has Hill ever shown to be a leader and now all of a sudden he's this great leader? Hill also is apparently against cops. Is it ok for me to disagree with him or is that racist?

Are things perfect in Mississippi? Hell no, but I'm tired of everyone, including Mississippians that have left the state, telling us how terrible it is. Most people no matter the color I come across just want to work hard, earn their check, and take care of theirs. The majority of the people in this state are good, but it's the politics that have kept the state back. Changing the flag is a good start, I just hope people don't buy into changing the flag solves all our issues. One thing I've seen working in the delta, is that poor doesn't have a color and most just need a chance to reach up.

Man, we picked the worst time to hire a majority white football staff.

vCash
    lets just rip all the pages out of the history books while we are at it then we won't have to keep going through all this
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    The flag needs to be changed. There is nothing...absolutely nothing...that the state or it's residents gain from it. It is hurting business, it offends a large majority of our population, and now it is impacting sports. Not to mention it just underscores the nationwide perception of Mississippi.

Someone name me one way that our current flag actually BENEFITS the state and all of it's residents. Seriously. It's a challenge. Name it. One way.

vCash
    The sad part is people start using Kylin's twitter track record as a justification for not fully supporting the right thing to do. If you truly want the flag to be changed, truly believe you are not racist, and truly believe you want all races equal, it would be a no brainer to support Kylin on this issue. If you think he is being dramatic and not a team player, then it reeks of "shut up and play." I don't feel I have a right to put my self interest as a fan of MSU above his, especially when I don't know what he's been through.

vCash
    If you go back and look at Kylin’s tweets since this tweet, I don’t think you have to worry about him playing. Also, he is doing the right thing.

vCash
    It would appear that some in this thread are threatened because a college kid that plays football has more influence to potentially force change than they do themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Can anyone answer me why BLM and national media are not concerned about the 5 black kids killed this past weekend in shootings? 2 were 3 years old. Not one word. Crickets. Seriously?

People are being played like fools by the movement.
    I know you don't actually care about those 5 black kids and want to use them as props, but the people responsible will be, you know, arrested and held accountable. That too often doesn't happen in other contexts, which is the whole point of everything that is going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    The sad part is people start using Kylin's twitter track record as a justification for not fully supporting the right thing to do. If you truly want the flag to be changed, truly believe you are not racist, and truly believe you want all races equal, it would be a no brainer to support Kylin on this issue. If you think he is being dramatic and not a team player, then it reeks of "shut up and play." I don't feel I have a right to put my self interest as a fan of MSU above his, especially when I don't know what he's been through.
    Support on the issue? Absolutely, yes. I hope we all support Kylin on the issue of changing the state flag.

Agree with a certain manner of protest? That's a tougher call.

Whether or not to support the manner in which a protest is carried out is a complicated issue. I'm not sure it's fair to say a person doesn't want the flag changed and doesn't want all races to be equal just because that person doesn't agree with sitting out games as the way one should protest the state flag.

As long as a person acknowledges and respects (as opposed to agreeing with) Kylins right to protest by sitting out games, I can't call that person a racist who doesn't want the flag changed just because that person doesn't agree with Kylins form of protest. That goes against open dialogue.

vCash
    Get ready for the Lee Witherspoon show, because the idiots in the state legislature are not going to change a damn thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Again, I could see his stance if anybody at MSU had anything to do with keeping the flag. But they don't. But he's willing to hurt the football team and all those that depend on their being football for their livelihood for something none of them have any input on.

And we can let fear of what's next guide our decisions now. Like I said in my first post, the only reason the majority of the people here are fine with his stance is because you agree with him. If he said he wasn't playing until all males that identified as females could go in women's locker rooms and shower beside your daughter then probably not. You can't let whether or not you agree with the particular issue at hand determine whether it is right or not because next time the tables will be turned.
    You don't think that the MSU Alumni voices matter to the elected officials?

Stop with the stupid strawmen. It should not be shocking that a black man in Mississippi is against a symbol of white supremacy....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Support on the issue? Absolutely, yes. I hope we all support Kylin on the issue of changing the state flag.

Agree with a certain manner of protest? That's a tougher call.

Whether or not to support the manner in which a protest is carried out is a complicated issue. I'm not sure it's fair to say a person doesn't want the flag changed and doesn't want all races to be equal just because that person doesn't agree with sitting out games as the way one should protest the state flag.

As long as a person acknowledges and respects (as opposed to agreeing with) Kylins right to protest by sitting out games, I can't call that person a racist who doesn't want the flag changed just because that person doesn't agree with Kylins form of protest. That goes against open dialogue.
    But that's not what a lot of people doing. They are basically telling him to go screw himself and get out. There also tends to be a problem with the form of protest for a lot of people when it may actually be powerful enough to make change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    But that's not what a lot of people doing. They are basically telling him to go screw himself and get out.
    Then those people are wrong and are being intolerant. But likewise, I think we are being intolerant and wrong if we paint everyone as racist and pro-confederate flag who doesn't agree with a particular manner of protest (not the issue being protested, mind you).