Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylin Hill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No they have not, not like this.
    you're right, they never have /s
    Last edited by msstatelp1; 06-22-2020 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I hope every big time player at MSU OM USM & other schools in all sports do the same. Use your voices & whatever power you have. The flag needs to go & if you have to play hard ball to make a difference well dammit play hardball. We have too many "I think the flag should change but" fans around here. There is no but change the damn flag.
    I?m with you, brother. Change the damn flag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Lets go ahead and add Ali, Jackie Robinson, Munich, Jim Brown, Billy Jean King, Joe Louis, as well, just to name a few....but yeah, all BS.

And most recently, Bubba Wallace.

ETA: how could I forget the Game of Change. Yeah, those "pre-Madonna" bitches should've just shut up and dribbled.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 06-22-2020 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    No they have not, not like this.
    Sure they have. Give me a year, and I'll tell you what was going on in political sports around that time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker Street View Post
    Nothing personal, but I will suggest that 70% of Mississippians could care less about any university in Mississippi. The flag is something people never even think about until the Cancel Culture declares it racist. How much longer can the insane demands be tolerated.
    Cancel culture didn't declare it racist, that was the Mississippi Confederacy that linked the way of life in MS to slavery. It is in the first paragraph of the articles of succession.

vCash
    Nothing personal, but I will suggest that 70% of Mississippians could care less about any university in Mississippi. The flag is something people never even think about until the Cancel Culture declares it racist. How much longer can the insane demands be tolerated.
    You're right about the 70%. I edited my post to reflect that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Some of y'all don't get that both Hill and Murphy are from Mississippi. They represent MSU, but they also represent the state of Mississippi. And like it or not, the state is bigger than we are.

I'm shocked at some of you who are pretty blatantly coming out blasting a kid of our own like this. The hints of racism are strong in this thread. And I'm a conservative born in Alabama and lived here 28 and in Starkville for 4. But just because a kid didnt do something before now doesn't negate or diminish what he's trying to do now.

I think there's a lot of folks on this board proud of their heritage. But it's also blatantly obvious that you don't have to deal with people of color very often or try and relate to them on something other than a surface level.

Flag needs to go and good for Hill for stepping up and saying something. If you have the balls to publicly call out a kid for despising a symbol of oppression of his culture, you need to check yourself. You probably aren't the person you think you are. Or maybe you are and just aren't a very good person.

This isn't part of cancel culture. And if you can't distinguish between this and some of the absurdities going on in other areas, shame on you.
    Agreed. And at this point its not just hints. Good post.

vCash
    There's a communist revolution going on. They are making the rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    So....being against the MS flag and the confederacy is now....Communist?

vCash
    Good news is that Kylin Hill just in the Heisman race tonight.

You know damn well the media types are going to eat him up if he has a good year
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Damn we need to get sports back, the board is getting as bad as Facebook lol.

Not that there's anything wrong with that lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Damn we need to get sports back, the board is getting as bad as Facebook lol.

Not that there's anything wrong with that lol
    Actually this board is a pretty decent representation of the country as a whole right now. There are no discussions, only us vs them talking points. You cannot disagree with someone without having your motives impugned and being called a racist. We have lost the ability to talk to each other. On 247, it is as bad as Nazi censorship. Agree with the Moderators and your post stays. Disagree and your post or thread disappears. It is total censorship. And anyone who thinks things are going to be better on the other side of this is fooling themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    True, and Black Lives Matter is now the most powerful political party in the United States. Once they target and humiliate you, they Own you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Some of y'all don't get that both Hill and Murphy are from Mississippi. They represent MSU, but they also represent the state of Mississippi. And like it or not, the state is bigger than we are.

I'm shocked at some of you who are pretty blatantly coming out blasting a kid of our own like this. The hints of racism are strong in this thread. And I'm a conservative born in Alabama and lived here 28 and in Starkville for 4. But just because a kid didnt do something before now doesn't negate or diminish what he's trying to do now.

I think there's a lot of folks on this board proud of their heritage. But it's also blatantly obvious that you don't have to deal with people of color very often or try and relate to them on something other than a surface level.

Flag needs to go and good for Hill for stepping up and saying something. If you have the balls to publicly call out a kid for despising a symbol of oppression of his culture, you need to check yourself. You probably aren't the person you think you are. Or maybe you are and just aren't a very good person.

This isn't part of cancel culture. And if you can't distinguish between this and some of the absurdities going on in other areas, shame on you.
    I am not attacking the kid I am telling the truth. And as far as dealing with people of color I deal with all peoples. Young peoples. And I treat everyone of them the exact same. And if they are attention starved prima donnas who want to be catered too and patted on the back 24/7, twitter all stars and but limping off the field every 4 plays then I would hold them accountable. Stop making every little thing about race.

Marcus Murphy has been great other than tutorgate notice I have not said a word against him because I know the kind of kid he is. The Hail State family goes both ways. If you are willing to walk out on us over a symbol of a flag that has not even been flown on campus in years then you are probably more of the problem than you would like to admit. Marks is ready and willing to take your carries and there will be another kid hungry for a scholarship and that monthly stipend. Has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. I am from MS too and I would not walk out on my kids over something like this. That is what makes football great. All of that should go away in the locker room and especially in the huddle. It does not mean a thing between the lines. I know life is bigger than football and I want all our athletes to feel welcomed but I also want them to love MSU and it be about we not me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    Actually this board is a pretty decent representation of the country as a whole right now. There are no discussions, only us vs them talking points. You cannot disagree with someone without having your motives impugned and being called a racist. We have lost the ability to talk to each other. On 247, it is as bad as Nazi censorship. Agree with the Moderators and your post stays. Disagree and your post or thread disappears. It is total censorship. And anyone who thinks things are going to be better on the other side of this is fooling themselves.
    Yes we are divided that was why I compared it to Facebook and all other forms of social media and discussion. Why people can't rationally discuss and have dialogue is insane. I've been a negotiator for a long time and if it becomes "us vs them" with no compromise or middle ground, nobody wins(accept on the playing field that is).
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 06-22-2020 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I am not attacking the kid I am telling the truth. And as far as dealing with people of color I deal with all peoples. Young peoples. And I treat everyone of them the exact same. And if they are attention starved prima donnas who want to be catered too and patted on the back 24/7, twitter all stars and but limping off the field every 4 plays then I would hold them accountable. Stop making every little thing about race.

Marcus Murphy has been great other than tutorgate notice I have not said a word against him because I know the kind of kid he is. The Hail State family goes both ways. If you are willing to walk out on us over a symbol of a flag that has not even been flown on campus in years then you are probably more of the problem than you would like to admit. Marks is ready and willing to take your carries and there will be another kid hungry for a scholarship and that monthly stipend. Has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. I am from MS too and I would not walk out on my kids over something like this. That is what makes football great. All of that should go away in the locker room and especially in the huddle. It does not mean a thing between the lines. I know life is bigger than football and I want all our athletes to feel welcomed but I also want them to love MSU and it be about we not me
    Big time rep.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash

Great post. You’ll get attacked but you spoke the truth and made great points.

vCash

Marks isn't from Mississippi. Kylin Hill is. Threatening on a message board that Marks is ready to take his snaps is literally stupid. Plain stupidity.

Your entire last paragraph represents why this is an issue. You say football is supposed to leave it all behind. It only does that for people that need a break from the uncomfortable things going on that these kids can change outside of football. You and others don't want to deal with it. You want kids like Kylin to shut up and just play football because that fits your interests more than his. And that's wrong.

Kylin deserves to have a voice as does everyone. But I think a lot of people are realizing for maybe the first time that they don't have a good understanding as to how others feel about this. That flag has been a very casual reminder of inequality and slavery for a long time. And because it's all some people know, it offends them that someone might want to make a change.

A very large portion of the MSU family is standing with Kylin. And you may very quickly find yourself in the minority on this issue. And maybe that will give you a moment to glimpse at how others in the minority of situations feel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Great post. You’ll get attacked but you spoke the truth and made great points.
    I could care less about being attacked on elite Dawgs. My family (Blood and otherwise) knows me and they know I would do anything for them. And a lot of them are a different race than me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    This fan base, especially this board, is completely intolerant of others views. I sit down and eat lunch with my black friends and black co-workers and we can’t help but discuss some of the things going on in our country. We have very civil conversations and respect each other even when we don’t agree on several things. That’s not allowed here. Hell, it doesn’t seem allowed anywhere hardly.