Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylin Hill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Can't be. Bobcat said it's a fact... it's not happening..***

Exactly. the pressure has to be applied by the players and the voters.
    I didnt say it. Gov Tate Reaves said it. My bet is that it happens next year.

"Any similar plan would actually accomplish the exact opposite of our state goal -- it would actually divide our state more," Reeves said. "I don't believe it would satisfy either side of this debate, and I don't think it's a viable alternative." He's talking about the two flag solution.

The governor has said that he believes Mississippians, rather than legislators, should decide whether the state flag should be changed. The last vote on the state flag issue took place in 2001 when voters decided to keep the flag as it is. From WJTV today.

Now, continue your one man righteous crusade.
    Last edited by bobcat91; 06-22-2020 at 06:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I have not said a word about the flag. I am talking about Kylin hill personally. In my honest opinion he was on the fence to be here in 2020 anyway. He is a me guy. Always has been. The pass blocking struggles are not all bc he can?t physically do it, it is bc he does not want to be about that life. I am not a huge Kylin fan. He is good and would help us. When Kylin wants to help us. That is a problem. Maybe he has grown up and is the best leader in the locker room, hopefully that is the case. But Mississippi State nor his teammates have nothing to do with the flag. Walking out on them is no different than Jarrian Jones.
    This is exactly how I feel. He may be in the transfer portal by next week but it ain't because of a flag.... that I think does need to be changed.

vCash
    What KJ doesn't understand is that maybe 35-40% of the State of Mississippi only care about MSU. Most of them would like to see us burn. Although many if not most of us agree that the flag is decades outdated it's not in our control to change. His threat has no where to go so he may as well transfer. I don't see anyway he can wiggle out of this gracefully. No one can blame anyone associated with a MSU as the bad guy. Bye bye KJ. It was fun watching you play.
    Last edited by coastratdog; 06-22-2020 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Wrong terminology

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Indeed.
    So ask yourself this question, are you enjoying all this political sports stuff? Sports is a get away from the worries of life or used to be. Sports was also a unifying thing. Not anymore. If I want politics I'll go to a political board. Sports not fun anymore then revenue will go down, see who is happy then. Don't say it won't happen, already happened in pro sports and before all this college sports attendance was already going down.

If this keeps going, folks want have any money or time to take in sports. Keep it up America and there will be no more America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    So ask yourself this question, are you enjoying all this political sports stuff? Sports is a get away from the worries of life or used to be. Sports was also a unifying thing. Not anymore. If I want politics I'll go to a political board. Sports not fun anymore then revenue will go down, see who is happy then. Don't say it won't happen, already happened in pro sports and before all this college sports attendance was already going down.

If this keeps going, folks want have any money or time to take in sports. Keep it up America and there will be no more America.
    Sports have always been political.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post

"Any similar plan would actually accomplish the exact opposite of our state goal -- it would actually divide our state more," Reeves said. "I don't believe it would satisfy either side of this debate, and I don't think it's a viable alternative." He's talking about the two flag solution.

The governor has said that he believes Mississippians, rather than legislators, should decide whether the state flag should be changed. The last vote on the state flag issue took place in 2001 when voters decided to keep the flag as it is. From WJTV today.

If they punt it to next year, we'll be dead in the water. May as well shut down all sports.

vCash
    ... Keep it up America and there will be no more America.
    Same thing was said in the late 60s and we're still here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    If they punt it to next year, we'll be dead in the water. May as well shut down all sports.
    And I truly believe they will. There is no will to change it in the legislature and no will to put it on the ballot in an election year. I think the citizens will vote on it next year.

vCash
    Yep....getting rid of the MS flag and other celebrations of the confederacy are what will bring down the country....apparently Jeff Davis was playin' the looooong game.**

vCash
    It's 2020 and we still have the goddamm confederate battle flag on our state flag. How dare these young black athletes use their platform to change it. They should be thankful that they are being provided with a free education and shut the **** up****. Let everyone else speak up for changing the flag since that seems to be working so well.****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Marcus Murphy just joined him

Now, Ealy needs to join them to make sure this is balanced

[tweet2]1275144762983616512[/tweet2]
    I just wish these mfers could text with somewhat proper grammar. They?re in college.

vCash
    The flag is not flown on the MSU campus and he cant force a change more than anyone else. If he doesn't want to play, get the hell out. Enough is enough with him as it's always something different. He is a drama queen and if he were faster, it would bother me. As is, I'll take either Mark's or Dillion. They probably fit the offense better anyway and when he doesnt get 25 touches a game he will be hitting up twitter during and after every game. Bye
    Could not agree more. You can't let the tail wag the dog, and Kylin Hill is NOT the dog. He is a locker room cancer and if you don't excise a cancer, it will eventually kill the entire team. You let one drama queen start running your team and pretty soon you won't have a team. Just a bunch of individuals who happen to wear the same uniform but are playing for "me", not "we", in this case if they play at all. Move on from him and play the ones that are there to play for MSU, as their scholarship agreement requires, and move on from the cancers.

vCash

If the flag changes in this state, it will be the white vote that changes it. In 2001, no one showed up to vote, and a lot of the black population won?t or can?t vote.

vCash
    Some of y'all don't get that both Hill and Murphy are from Mississippi. They represent MSU, but they also represent the state of Mississippi. And like it or not, the state is bigger than we are.

I'm shocked at some of you who are pretty blatantly coming out blasting a kid of our own like this. The hints of racism are strong in this thread. And I'm a conservative born in Alabama and lived here 28 and in Starkville for 4. But just because a kid didnt do something before now doesn't negate or diminish what he's trying to do now.

I think there's a lot of folks on this board proud of their heritage. But it's also blatantly obvious that you don't have to deal with people of color very often or try and relate to them on something other than a surface level.

Flag needs to go and good for Hill for stepping up and saying something. If you have the balls to publicly call out a kid for despising a symbol of oppression of his culture, you need to check yourself. You probably aren't the person you think you are. Or maybe you are and just aren't a very good person.

This isn't part of cancel culture. And if you can't distinguish between this and some of the absurdities going on in other areas, shame on you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    What KJ doesn't understand is that maybe 35-40% of the State of Mississippi doesn't care about MSU. Most of them would like to see us burn. Although many if not most of us agree that the flag is decades outdated it's not in our control to change. His threat has no where to go so he may as well transfer. I don't see anyway he can wiggle out of this gracefully. No one can blame anyone associated with a MSU as the bad guy. Bye bye KJ. It was fun watching you play.

Nothing personal, but I will suggest that 70% of Mississippians could care less about any university in Mississippi. The flag is something people never even think about until the Cancel Culture declares it racist. How much longer can the insane demands be tolerated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Sports have always been political.
    No they have not, not like this.

vCash
    Things are way worse now. Our spiritual and moral condition has continued the downward skid. This is not business as usual. Lawlessness can't be ignored for a nation to flourish.

Of course progressives think we are evolving, really; yall call this evolving?

Mob mentality is taking over this country, no respect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker Street View Post
    Nothing personal, but I will suggest that 70% of Mississippians could care less about any university in Mississippi. The flag is something people never even think about until the Cancel Culture declares it racist. How much longer can the insane demands be tolerated.
    What's insane about changing a part of a flag that was used by traitors to try and keep people enslaved? What's insane about changing that same part of the flag that was used as a symbol of segregation and white supremacy? If it's your heritage, then your heritage is white supremacy, slavery, and being proud of the rich plantation owners talking great great grandpappy into fighting their war.

vCash
    Can anyone answer me why BLM and national media are not concerned about the 5 black kids killed this past weekend in shootings? 2 were 3 years old. Not one word. Crickets. Seriously?

People are being played like fools by the movement.

vCash
    Things are way worse now.
    Glad you had it so good in the 60's, lol.