Thread: A breakdown of the schools

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash

A breakdown of the schools

from which the letter was sent to the NCAA regarding banning postseason play until a flag change was made. Make of it what you will, but it appears to me that the ones who signed it are from colleges and universities that most likely would host the least NCAA tournaments.

31 signatures from current and former Mississippi athletes

13 are from the University of Southern Miss
    5 are from Miss. College
    4 are from Jackson St.
    2 are from Alcorn St.
    2 are from Ole Miss
    2 are from Miss. St.
    1 is from Milsaps
    1 is from Belhaven
    1 is from Miss. Valley St.

https://mississippitoday.org/2020/06...pi-state-flag/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    from which the letter was sent to the NCAA regarding banning postseason play until a flag change was made. Make of it what you will, but it appears to me that the ones who signed it are from colleges and universities that most likely would host the least NCAA tournaments.

31 signatures from current and former Mississippi athletes

13 are from the University of Southern Miss
    5 are from Miss. College
    4 are from Jackson St.
    2 are from Alcorn St.
    2 are from Ole Miss
    2 are from Miss. St.
    1 is from Milsaps
    1 is from Belhaven
    1 is from Miss. Valley St.

https://mississippitoday.org/2020/06...pi-state-flag/
    USM has hosted several baseball regionals. It doesn't matter now. As long as we have that flag we won't be hosting.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    USM has hosted 2 regionals in its history.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't care who signed it. Get the flag out of here. We should have dropped it one hundred years ago. Now we once again look like a hold out on civil rights crap. Mississippi needs to take this by the horns and make drastic changes, wholesale. Get that racist shit out of here. Anyone have an issue with their heritage getting destroyed.....well get over it. I am tired of being associated with traiters, racists, assholes that were a bunch of degenerate losers that died in the 1800s. Time to clean house, and I mean all of it. In no way should we, The State of Mississippi, celebrate traiters to our country. Not one iota of it should remain. Move all of that shit to the museum in Jackson, where it belongs.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    And Alabama does too. You know how many George Wallace bullshit currently resides in that state? A bunch. Get it out of here.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I don't care who signed it. Get the flag out of here. We should have dropped it one hundred years ago. Now we once again look like a hold out on civil rights crap. Mississippi needs to take this by the horns and make drastic changes, wholesale. Get that racist shit out of here. Anyone have an issue with their heritage getting destroyed.....well get over it. I am tired of being associated with traiters, racists, assholes that were a bunch of degenerate losers that died in the 1800s. Time to clean house, and I mean all of it. In no way should we, The State of Mississippi, celebrate traiters to our country. Not one iota of it should remain. Move all of that shit to the museum in Jackson, where it belongs.
    Also, your heritage is based on the worst this country has ever seen, and it is centered on 4 shitty years that forced poor people to fight for rich people to own black people. Man, I bet tons want to hitch their reputation to that wagon.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Also, your heritage is based on the worst this country has ever seen, and it is centered on 4 shitty years that forced poor people to fight for rich people to own black people. Man, I bet tons want to hitch their reputation to that wagon.
    None of that has anything to do with the issue here. Everybody on here from what I can tell agrees the flag should change. No doubt it should.

The issue here is would you, as a former player of one of those schools listed in the letter, sign a letter advocating for punishing current student athletes because our state's leaders are being stupid and won't pull the trigger, when every leader of every university in the state wants it changed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    None of that has anything to do with the issue here. Everybody on here from what I can tell agrees the flag should change. No doubt it should.

The issue here is would you, as a former player of one of those schools listed in the letter, sign a letter advocating for punishing current student athletes because our state's leaders are being stupid and won't pull the trigger, when every leader of every university in the state wants it changed?
    Quick answer yes. Those athletes understand that the politicians of this state won't do a damned thing to initiate change. Mississippi has always been on the wrong side of history and continues to be. The only way to affect change is make things so painful that the people force the politicians to act. Look for the NCAA to allow any athlete to transfer with an immediate waiver because of the flag and for the NCAA to not allow any competition in the state. If those still don't work, look for the SEC to start the process for kicking both schools out.

FWIW I agree with LMBH.