Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't we all just get along?

vCash

Can't we all just get along?

As I type this it's 6:28pm. I'm on my swing on my back patio watching smoke waft from my grill. The pork shoulder is now into hour 8 and sitting at 193 degrees. Not much longer. I got my yard cut today and I love sitting out looking at it fresh cut. Supposed to rain every day next week so who knows when I'll get to it again. The sun is filtering through the trees and making long shadows in the yard. In the distance a yellow billed cuckoo is calling. But during this I've had time to think at how polarized we are as a nation and here locally. It now seems impossible for anybody to be in the middle. Everyone is immediately grouped into one extreme or another. If you wear a mask in public you're a scared sheep believing the lies of a controlling govt setting us all up for martial law. If you don't wear a mask then you have no regards for others and want my grandparents to die horrible deaths all alone. If you say black lives matter then you want all police to be executed where they stand. If you say all lives matter then you hate black people and think there should be an open hunting season. If you support Trump then you're a scum of the earth racist and fascist. If you're against Trump you're a damned card carrying communist hell bent on the destruction of the country. The list goes on and on.

I wish the world would get back to more minding your own 17ing business and get the hell out of everybody's lives. All of this lately has me wishing I was in a cabin in the absolute middle of nowhere with no way to get news. Nothing to do but sit on the bank of some lake or creek and fish all day and watch lightning bugs at night. Just spend days growing a garden and tending to some livestock. I guess pretty much the lives my grandparents had. But that's not this world. Not any more. Not for most of us. If that is your existence then I'm extremely jealous. I'm not off social media but I've unfollowed a bunch of people that can't go five minutes without making a political post. I'm tired of being labeled, and to be honest, I'm tired of labeling. I'm just as guilty. I got off our new poli board for months, but for some reason got back on. I may have to change that. I'm tired of it all. I just want a normal life back where the social agenda of the day is not being rammed down my throat and I'm accused of character traits I do not possess because of my beliefs on certain issues or support of certain political candidates.

I think more people would be a lot happier if they'd just sit on their back patio or porch and watch their kids play in the yard while you sipped a cold drink of choice. I think I'm going to try it.

vCash
    Those says are gone forever!

vCash
    We have the same thoughts, Vegas. Excellent post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Those says are gone forever!
    Yeah we're long past trying to "why can't we all just libertarian"

There are no more sidelines. Bolsheviks are winning right now.

vCash

It's social media

Plain and simple. I told my family 15 years ago that it would be the death of us. Well, here we are.

The horse is out of the barn now. I guess we get to see it all burn down.

Enjoy your solitude. I'm looking for it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    As I type this it's 6:28pm. I'm on my swing on my back patio watching smoke waft from my grill. The pork shoulder is now into hour 8 and sitting at 193 degrees. Not much longer. I got my yard cut today and I love sitting out looking at it fresh cut. Supposed to rain every day next week so who knows when I'll get to it again. The sun is filtering through the trees and making long shadows in the yard. In the distance a yellow billed cuckoo is calling. But during this I've had time to think at how polarized we are as a nation and here locally. It now seems impossible for anybody to be in the middle. Everyone is immediately grouped into one extreme or another. If you wear a mask in public you're a scared sheep believing the lies of a controlling govt setting us all up for martial law. If you don't wear a mask then you have no regards for others and want my grandparents to die horrible deaths all alone. If you say black lives matter then you want all police to be executed where they stand. If you say all lives matter then you hate black people and think there should be an open hunting season. If you support Trump then you're a scum of the earth racist and fascist. If you're against Trump you're a damned card carrying communist hell bent on the destruction of the country. The list goes on and on.

I wish the world would get back to more minding your own 17ing business and get the hell out of everybody's lives. All of this lately has me wishing I was in a cabin in the absolute middle of nowhere with no way to get news. Nothing to do but sit on the bank of some lake or creek and fish all day and watch lightning bugs at night. Just spend days growing a garden and tending to some livestock. I guess pretty much the lives my grandparents had. But that's not this world. Not any more. Not for most of us. If that is your existence then I'm extremely jealous. I'm not off social media but I've unfollowed a bunch of people that can't go five minutes without making a political post. I'm tired of being labeled, and to be honest, I'm tired of labeling. I'm just as guilty. I got off our new poli board for months, but for some reason got back on. I may have to change that. I'm tired of it all. I just want a normal life back where the social agenda of the day is not being rammed down my throat and I'm accused of character traits I do not possess because of my beliefs on certain issues or support of certain political candidates.

I think more people would be a lot happier if they'd just sit on their back patio or porch and watch their kids play in the yard while you sipped a cold drink of choice. I think I'm going to try it.

vCash
    ?Bolsheviks are wining right now.? What a damn stupid thing to say.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    It could be this world, if you just moved to the lake and didn't have access to internet and TV. It is that simple really.

If everyone would just treat everyone exactly the same, it also would be a better world as well. There is absolutely no way we can change anything done in the past, but we can try to get better everyday. As my 6 year old puts it, why do we treat people differently?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Well said SVD! It's exactly how i feel! I remember the days growing up on the farm and how simple and easy life was! I wish I could go back! Wish I could give you more rep for this post! Great stuff! Love and respect each other but that makes to much sense!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    It could be this world, if you just moved to the lake and didn't have access to internet and TV. It is that simple really.

If everyone would just treat everyone exactly the same, it also would be a better world as well. There is absolutely no way we can change anything done in the past, but we can try to get better everyday. As my 6 year old puts it, why do we treat people differently?
    Truth!

vCash

Yep. Well said.

vCash
    As long as there is social media there is no "minding your own business".
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Must be true. He says it in every thread.

vCash
    Social media and the news media are destroying America. Once the news became a 24 hour a day business, you could no longer report the news, you had to create it. Violence and anarchy sells, yet most of what I see on television doesn't look like life in Mississippi.

Sen Rand Paul told a story when he was running for President in 2015. He said he was at a luncheon in the buffet line when he noticed the guy in front of him weighed over 300 pounds and was fixing 3 huge plates of food on his tray. Paul commended that it wasn't good for his health. The man said his father lived into his nineties. Paul said did he eat like this? The man said no. He minded his own damn business.

That's my new golden rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    Once the news became a 24 hour a day business, you could no longer report the news, you had to create it.
    They cover this verbatim in Anchorman 2, lol.

vCash
    Social media and the news media are destroying America. Once the news became a 24 hour a day business, you could no longer report the news, you had to create it. Violence and anarchy sells, yet most of what I see on television doesn't look like life in Mississippi.

Sen Rand Paul told a story when he was running for President in 2015. He said he was at a luncheon in the buffet line when he noticed the guy in front of him weighed over 300 pounds and was fixing 3 huge plates of food on his tray. Paul commended that it wasn't good for his health. The man said his father lived into his nineties. Paul said did he eat like this? The man said no. He minded his own damn business.

This.

vCash

Mrs. Rubio and I were talking about this tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    Plain and simple. I told my family 15 years ago that it would be the death of us. Well, here we are.

The horse is out of the barn now. I guess we get to see it all burn down.

Enjoy your solitude. I'm looking for it myself.

Social media and the cancel culture are very dangerous. Bills need to be passed to strengthen libel/defamation protection for people. Employers need to be held accountable for terminations that result from cancel culture. Those that advocate for others to lose tier job on social media should be open to suits for libel.

Maybe the platform itself should be open to liability.

Because YOU think that something was racist/homophobic/misogynistic/etc does not mean it is. YOUR feelings should not interfere with a persons ability to earn a living, speak their mind, and enjoy living in a free society. It is chilling to free speech and frankly scary.

Shannon Sharpe was advocating for Leech to lose his job over the stupid tweet. It was a joke. No way in hell Leech intended it to be racist. Does not matter to these folks. Does not have to have intent. THEY perceived it as racist, so he needs to lose his livelihood/career/quality of life.

Something has to be done. We have borderline thought police in America nowadays. People should be able to have open discussions without fear of retribution.

Maybe if a few of these cancel mobs and employers get their arses sued off, they will think before gathering their pitchforks and torches. The billboard lawyers would be worth it if nothing else. ?Did you lose your job due to a cancel mob on TwitterBook? One call, that?s all?

vCash

Jack Cristal told the same story about when someone asked him about smoking cigarettes.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    https://twitter.com/nickelodeon/stat...442638339?s=21

Yeah, all is well...

vCash
    As quickly as Rex54 returns from Sunday school and church, he will explain his hypothesis that loving thy neighbor will inevitably lead to embracing dialectical materialism and the surplus value of labor.

vCash

If it wasn't for our elected politicians trying to divide and put everyone into categories and boxes and our mainstream media outlets constant pushing their own propaganda through lies and deception, maybe we would be a more unified people and think of each other as just Americans and all pull the rope in the same direction. But most politicians only care about there re-election and news sources only care about what they believe and not holding these politicians accountable. Straightening those 2 things out would be a big improvement in the right direction imo.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 06-21-2020 at 09:40 PM.