Thread: Ben Garrett Writes Emotional Essay Before Doing Adequate Research.....

vCash

Ben Garrett Writes Emotional Essay Before Doing Adequate Research.....

In his typical whiney ass tone, Ben Garrett wrote a hot take with numerous errors, like most things Ole Miss people write.

- Lane Stadium was not named after a confederate general but rather a former student at VT

- The Missouri Tigers were a Union regiment, not a confederate one.

- Georgia's state flag hasn't been adopted by hate and white supremacy groups.

I'm all for changing the flag, but essays like this make us look dumber, not smarter.

Ole Miss people seem to have a peculiar genetic dysfunction where their first reaction is to blame others for their own problem and make sure everyone knows it's not only them. Think about it.

Let's worry about doing the right thing in Mississippi and not caring what happens elsewhere

We can't revise history to make it to our liking

[Tweet2]1274101717026713608[/tweet2]
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-20-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    He?s just pandering to his readers....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    He?s just pandering to his readers....
    Of course but his readership sucks and the writers always write what the readership wants to read rather than spewing the cold hard truth.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Couple things....

"Col. Reb can't be found"....uh, pretty sure he can still be found doing photo-ops in the Grove every Saturday. Same goes for "Dixie with Love", as the band still plays that in the Grove before marching to the stadium (they just don't play it in the stadium).

The cherry on top, though is..."no school in the SEC has attempted to distance itself more from its Civil War imagery than Ole Miss".....the team that goes by the Rebels, periodically wears grey uniforms in all their sports, and who's nickname is literally a slave moniker....can't make this shit up. Not a very self-aware that lot is...
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 06-20-2020 at 10:51 AM.

vCash
    Fake News. Ginger Ben is liberal, per his own words. Not surprised that he didn't do his research.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Couple things....

"Col. Reb can't be found"....uh, pretty sure he can still be found doing photo-ops in the Grove every Saturday. Same goes for "Dixie with Love", as the band still plays that in the Grove before marching to the stadium (they just don't play it in the stadium).

The cherry on top, though is..."no school in the SEC has attempted to distance itself more from its Civil War imagery than Ole Miss".....the team that goes by the Rebels, periodically wears grey uniforms in all their sports, and who's nickname is literally a slave moniker....can't make this shit up. Not a very self-aware that lot is...
    Yeaaa... It was hard keep reading after he continued to go right over the worst part of it all.. Having to remove that racist name would just be too much for them.

Or in true Mississippi fashion.. They won't until they are forced to.

Boys.. Ya'll behave now... I'm out of here for the day. It's my birthday.. Time for some bourbon, good food and distanced fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Yeaaa... It was hard keep reading after he continued to go right over the worst part of it all.. Having to remove that racist name would just be too much for them.

Boys.. Ya'll behave now... I'm out of here for the day. It's my birthday.. Time for some bourbon, good food and distanced fun
    Happy birthday, Scooba. Enjoy the bourbon.

vCash

Too hot for bourbon...but an old Milwaukee would hit the spot!!!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    This blatant disregard for a truthful story is what is wrong with this country. If you are going to bullshit, atleast use facts that have barely anything to donwith thebtopic as backup.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Actually this is typical Ole Miss. Lie, blame others and try to take everyone else down with them.

We of all people shouldn't be surprised. Ask Leo Lewis.

vCash
    Yeah this is obviously just an effort to deflect from the fact that Ole Miss is gonna have to make massive changes to continue to distance themselves from the Confederacy. And this isn't anyone's fault but theirs.

vCash

Happy Birthday Scoob! Thank you for all that you do!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    He is having to apologize on Twitter.

vCash

Is he a munchkin

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    In his typical whiney ass tone, Ben Garrett wrote a hot take with numerous errors, like most things Ole Miss people write.

- Lane Stadium was not named after a confederate general but rather a former student at VT

- The Missouri Tigers were a Union regiment, not a confederate one.

- Georgia's state flag hasn't been adopted by hate and white supremacy groups.

I'm all for changing the flag, but essays like this make us look dumber, not smarter.

Ole Miss people seem to have a peculiar genetic dysfunction where their first reaction is to blame others for their own problem and make sure everyone knows it's not only them. Think about it.

Let's worry about doing the right thing in Mississippi and not caring what happens elsewhere

We can't revise history to make it to our liking

[Tweet2]1274101717026713608[/tweet2]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    He is having to apologize on Twitter.
    LOL. What a clown he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    This blatant disregard for a truthful story is what is wrong with this country. If you are going to bullshit, atleast use facts that have barely anything to donwith thebtopic as backup.
    Yes, yes, yes!

vCash

Happy Birthday man! Have a great one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Apparently its fine just to make up your own truth these days. I mean, in another thread, we had some guy saying that kneeling during the national anthem wasn't showing disrespect for our flag and our country even though that is pretty much the sole purpose in doing it. I mean nothing like choosing to protest the symbols of freedom in the country that are the basis for allowing you the right to protest.

vCash
    He's already had to take his post down because the Mizzou and Vtech fans are draggin' him, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Happy birthday, Scooba. Enjoy the bourbon.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Too hot for bourbon...but an old Milwaukee would hit the spot!!!
    Thanks guys... It was a good day. exclusive bourbon club release of Whistle pig single barrel 12 year old. then a nice brunch with pours of
    Eagle Rare - always a solid start
    Hudson Manhattan Rye - paired with a spicy relleno perfectly
    Four Roses small batch - least fav
    Michters 10 - my new favorite.
    EHT - love it, had never had regular only the rye. so much barrel notes
    Redemption Rye Rum cash finish - not a fan, i think i will skip anything rum finished from now on.
    Basil Haden's 10 - nothing special to me
    and the Garrison Brothers - BALMORHEA i think was the last.. had several awards on it.

Joe.. no thanks.. if I want water I'll just drink water.