Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you draw the line....

vCash
    Tear down those pyramids in Egypt that the slaves built.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Tear down those pyramids in Egypt that the slaves built.
    You can't prove aliens didn't do it.*

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If we do something like Florida did yesterday to one of our traditions I will gracefully bow out until the administration that allows cancel culture to take something like that is replaced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    one of our traditions
    What tradition(s) do you cherish so much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post

Mascots changed? Like has happened since at least Stanford in the 1920's and MSU in 1960?

Athletes making demands? Like has happened in all sports, ever?
    Ole Miss has changed their mascot twice in the last few years.

vCash
    To the OP... guess I'll know when we get there. Right now, not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Good deal. My comment was obviously mistakenly directed at your post. My bad.
    We good man.

vCash
    You can't prove aliens didn't do it.*
    Haha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I stopped watching NFL because of the kneeling during our nations National Anthem. I don't necessarily have a line drawn where I'll stop watching all sports, but that one was too much for me.
    I haven't stopped watching pro sports but I have drastically reduced watching pro sports. For me it is a cumulative issue. It was baseball strikes 20? years ago. It is constant interjection of politics and drama. It is constantly hearing about the stupid crimes by athletes especially involving minors. It's kneeling at the national anthem. It just seems that sports used to be about going on the field and seeing which team is better and now not so much.

I understand that a lot of this was surely happening in the old days too prior to social media and everyone carrying cell phones but I never saw it. That doesn't make it any more OK but when I watched games, all I saw was the game.

I don't care two baby rat turds about what color, gender, religion,... any player, cheerleader, owner, coach, ... is. I just want teams to play the game and let their hard work and talent be the story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I haven't stopped watching pro sports but I have drastically reduced watching pro sports. For me it is a cumulative issue. It was baseball strikes 20? years ago. It is constant interjection of politics and drama. It is constantly hearing about the stupid crimes by athletes especially involving minors. It's kneeling at the national anthem. It just seems that sports used to be about going on the field and seeing which team is better and now not so much.

I understand that a lot of this was surely happening in the old days too prior to social media and everyone carrying cell phones but I never saw it. That doesn't make it any more OK but when I watched games, all I saw was the game.

I don't care two baby rat turds about what color, gender, religion,... any player, cheerleader, owner, coach, ... is. I just want teams to play the game and let their hard work and talent be the story.
    I hear you man. I agree 100%. And I forgot about the pro baseball strike. that's when I stopped watching MLB. I was a fan up to that point, but lost interest.

vCash
    NWADAWG, that's easy to say, but the world is more complicated than that. Without protests and arguments would there even be black athletes? I don't have to the time to look up sources, but I'm betting sports and politics have been intertwined for a long time.

vCash
    Everyone wants to be the smart guy, above it all, not acting as if they don't notice the overall trend of the Bolshevism on the rise in America. That's a much bigger issue than a stupid flag.

vCash
    Hunting, fishing? Michael Waddell just posted a video about death threats he's receiving and has received.

I think Mississippi flag should be changed for sure. Confederate flag should not be flying from Mississippi public buildings unless they're Civil War historical sites maybe, and then along with US Flag. I'm fine with discussion (may take a little time) on removing statues to museums or what not ... but not just destroying and tearing them down.

Fine with Nascar banning Confederate Flag. That's up to Nascar. But .. if someone wants to display it in their yard ... that's free speech. Same if someone wants to kneel during the National Anthem.

I'm fine with folks doing whatever the hell they wanna do in their personal lives, as long as they aren't hurting other folks physically, sexually, and in some cases mentally (depends on situation and should be close relationship like adult/child ... that's a tougher one). On the mental any adult usually can choose to just leave (although not always). So that's a tougher one.

Take the LGBT thing tho. If that's what they want to do ... fine. Don't understand it but I'll be nice an polite with them. Don't hate them and won't act that way towards them. I may and probably will choose not to hang out with them tho. That's my free choice. I have a couple of relatives that are LGBT. One very close one and I'm fine with both of them. Where that gets very tricky is male/female bathroom and men's/women's sports for transgender. Some kinda line needs to be drawn there IMO.

But if folks wanting all this "change" ... some of which is definitely warranted IMO, and they want to be "free" to do what they want and be treated fairly ... that also works both ways. Otherwise they just trying to do what has been historically done to them, from their perspective. So then it becomes about Power and maybe Revenge ... not Mutually Beneficial Change.

ETA: The only thing I would add is SEC fans have been oppressed for too long by Bama fans. Need to remove all Bama paraphernalia from EVERYWHERE. No exceptions ***** I am however, fine with whiskey distilling, weed growing, dog kicking, rednecks in Bama.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 06-19-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    None really. I just won’t be a fan of a school with an administration that allows these racist idiots to cuck them.

vCash
    So let's have ANOTHER state vote. I bet thr flag wont change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Hunting, fishing? Michael Waddell just posted a video about death threats he's receiving and has received.

I think Mississippi flag should be changed for sure. Confederate flag should not be flying from Mississippi public buildings unless they're Civil War historical sites maybe, and then along with US Flag. I'm fine with discussion (may take a little time) on removing statues to museums or what not ... but not just destroying and tearing them down.

Fine with Nascar banning Confederate Flag. That's up to Nascar. But .. if someone wants to display it in their yard ... that's free speech. Same if someone wants to kneel during the National Anthem.

I'm fine with folks doing whatever the hell they wanna do in their personal lives, as long as they aren't hurting other folks physically, sexually, and in some cases mentally (depends on situation and should be close relationship like adult/child ... that's a tougher one). On the mental any adult usually can choose to just leave (although not always). So that's a tougher one.

Take the LGBT thing tho. If that's what they want to do ... fine. Don't understand it but I'll be nice an polite with them. Don't hate them and won't act that way towards them. I may and probably will choose not to hang out with them tho. That's my free choice. I have a couple of relatives that are LGBT. One very close one and I'm fine with both of them. Where that gets very tricky is male/female bathroom and men's/women's sports for transgender. Some kinda line needs to be drawn there IMO.

But if folks wanting all this "change" ... some of which is definitely warranted IMO, and they want to be "free" to do what they want and be treated fairly ... that also works both ways. Otherwise they just trying to do what has been historically done to them, from their perspective. So then it becomes about Power and maybe Revenge ... not Mutually Beneficial Change.
    You got it, it is about a power play. They talk tolerance but are intolerance to anyone with a different opinion on anything. I too don't have an issue changing the flag but let it happen the right way without the power plays. We used to be a country of laws and rights but that seems to have been pushed aside for whatever anything goes action those in power want to do. I too will continue to respect anyone's opinion and life choices even if I disagree. That is America or is used to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    Can't do a vote here. It just has to be done.

The politicians of Mississippi need to stand for what is right here. Even if it means they don't win re-election, at least they'll be on the right side of history & history will treat their name well.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    can't vote. Too many morons in MS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I stopped watching NFL because of the kneeling during our nations National Anthem. I don't necessarily have a line drawn where I'll stop watching all sports, but that one was too much for me.
    Did you quit Trump too? He was playing and swinging his arms acting like a fool during the anthem but heaven forbid a black man kneel to call attention to a real problem in this country.

Do you think it's OK for Trump to be disrespectful or are you in denial that he did it. Do I need to go find that video? On second thought, you probably wouldn't even watch it if I did or make excuses for your man or say it was all fake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Can't do a vote here. It just has to be done.
    Hopefully, one day you dont find yourself on the other end of this sword.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.