Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Where will you draw the line....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    That's your take. I do my actions for my family. Blacks were taken away from their families and stripped from Freedom in this country. Where it benefits you it's one sided.
    Why in the world did you bring race in this discussion? We were talking about idolatry and patriotism. But since you did, don't think for a minute that blacks haven't benefitted from patriotic people in this country. And while you speak of something that happened roughly 160 years ago, we are ALL free people today because of the patriots we talked about and that benefit is not one sided.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 06-24-2020 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Why in the world did you bring race in this discussion? We were talking about idolatry and patriotism. But since you did, don't think for a minute that blacks haven't benefitted from patriotic people in this country. And while you speak of something that happened roughly 160 years ago, we are ALL free people today because of the patriots we talked about and that benefit is not one sided.
    It really simple if you'll read the narrative. It explains why country would never be before family which is also biblical. Everything God did was for the family " sons", "generations ", "his seeds"...etc. Bowing to a country is idolatry. The Bible says do good to all men especially those in the household of faith.-Galatians 6:10.

It's never been about a country.

vCash
    It really simple if you'll read the narrative. It explains why country would never be before family which is also biblical. Everything God did was for the family " sons", "generations ", "his seeds"...etc. Bowing to a country is idolatry. The Bible says do good to all men especially those in the household of faith.-Galatians 6:10.

I am not going to argue about order of family versus country but keep in mind it is God that created countries or nations as well. Consider the following scripture:

Act 17: 26-27 - From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

Exodus 23:31 - I will fix your boundary from the Red Sea to the sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the River Euphrates; for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you will drive them out before you.

Deuteronomy 32:8 - ?When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, When He separated the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples According to the number of the sons of Israel.

Nehemiah 9:22 - ?You also gave them kingdoms and peoples, And allotted them to them as a boundary. They took possession of the land of Sihon the king of Heshbon And the land of Og the king of Bashan.

Psalm 74:17 - "You have established all the boundaries of the earth; ..."

God is concerned about nations and national boundaries as He established them.

vCash

No one bows to a country if God is first. I'm just making a point that Christians can make family or country interchangeable and not be wrong either way, so long that God is #1!! To each his own to choose which comes in 2nd or 3rd.

To add: God was also very involved in nation building. Just like today, all the nations of today is all apart of God's plan. He is apart of everything. It's all His!!!
    Last edited by Bdawg; 06-25-2020 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    time to shake the dust from your heels brother ... can't argue with a hard heart
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I hate the kneeling. It's turned me off to almost everything, honestly. Once you go Woke, there's no going back. The Woke Mob sees you bent the knee, smells the weakness and just keeps pushing for more and more. It's frankly enough to kill my interest in sports almost completely, especially with the new social justice patches for uniforms.

I don't mind paying college athletes, but I don't want to see them unionize, although I suspect it's inevitable now. As for revenue at the pro level, it's already dropping. TV ratings are way down and attendance is falling too. These fools are killing their own leagues and are too stupid or Woke to figure out that the political BS is what people watch sports to escape for a while.

But I suspect I'm in the minority on this. Most people are just too addicted to sports to give it up over political principle. I'll always bleed maroon, but seeing snowflakes represent MSU and kneeling just makes me sad and angry. Especially when the things they think they're standing for are all based on lies and misinformation. We're in a really bad place.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I hate the kneeling. It's turned me off to almost everything, honestly. Once you go Woke, there's no going back. The Woke Mob sees you bent the knee, smells the weakness and just keeps pushing for more and more. It's frankly enough to kill my interest in sports almost completely, especially with the new social justice patches for uniforms.

I don't mind paying college athletes, but I don't want to see them unionize, although I suspect it's inevitable now. As for revenue at the pro level, it's already dropping. TV ratings are way down and attendance is falling too. These fools are killing their own leagues and are too stupid or Woke to figure out that the political BS is what people watch sports to escape for a while.

But I suspect I'm in the minority on this. Most people are just too addicted to sports to give it up over political principle. I'll always bleed maroon, but seeing snowflakes represent MSU and kneeling just makes me sad and angry. Especially when the things they think they're standing for are all based on lies and misinformation. We're in a really bad place.
    What this^ guy said.... +1
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17