Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
I guess that's why MSU has the highest % of blacks in the student body in the SEC.
This is true, but as long as there are Mississippi State grads and fans, that love themselves some Rebel flags & Confederate statues, there will be some people that will not see any difference in the two institutions.

I do believe there is a huge difference in the two places myself but that's my perception. I can't perceive something for someone else.

All it takes is one to influence a person's opinion of a place. We all know it's way more than one. We have seen dozens on this board advocating to keep the flag/statues or hating on Kapernick among other things.

Hell, some even quit watching the NFL because a dude took a knee to bring attention to a real problem. Nothing was violent about that or even disrespectful, Trump waving his arms around and dancing during the anthem, that was disrespectful and yet they quit watching a sport and still love themselves some Trump. Go figure

Intelligent people can change their minds when presented new evidence. The evidence is in on so many subjects and yet many refuse to see. For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would want to honor or celebrate anything confederate unless they are white supremacist or just ignorant of the truth of the purpose the Confederacy.