Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
I stopped watching NFL because of the kneeling during our nations National Anthem. I don't necessarily have a line drawn where I'll stop watching all sports, but that one was too much for me.
I haven't stopped watching pro sports but I have drastically reduced watching pro sports. For me it is a cumulative issue. It was baseball strikes 20? years ago. It is constant interjection of politics and drama. It is constantly hearing about the stupid crimes by athletes especially involving minors. It's kneeling at the national anthem. It just seems that sports used to be about going on the field and seeing which team is better and now not so much.

I understand that a lot of this was surely happening in the old days too prior to social media and everyone carrying cell phones but I never saw it. That doesn't make it any more OK but when I watched games, all I saw was the game.

I don't care two baby rat turds about what color, gender, religion,... any player, cheerleader, owner, coach, ... is. I just want teams to play the game and let their hard work and talent be the story.