Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you draw the line....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Oh it's already crossed for me. I'm out. Pros will be easy. College is gonna hurt. If CFB doesn't have a season this year, there will be millions who never tune in again, I would wager. I plan to be in that number either way. My money is staying with me from now on.
    I am right there with you. I pretty much quit the Pros a couple of years ago. Drew Brees' spineless act sealed the deal for me.

The start of College football this season will be a sh1t-show unlike this country has ever seen. That is if they even play it with the Rona still out there.
    I will not support professional athletes or student athletes that hate me. The reaction to the Leach tweet by the athletes, media and our athletic director has me right on the edge. Once my University decides to kneel or kiss the ass of the terrorist organization known as Black Lives Matter, I will be done. And they will do it, no way they won't. The entire country has lost its damn mind and I won't support a damn bit of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncivilengineer View Post
    I am right there with you. I pretty much quit the Pros a couple of years ago. Drew Brees' spineless act sealed the deal for me.

The start of College football this season will be a sh1t-show unlike this country has ever seen. That is if they even play it with the Rona still out there.
    I will not support professional athletes or student athletes that hate me. The reaction to the Leach tweet by the athletes, media and our athletic director has me right on the edge. Once my University decides to kneel or kiss the ass of the terrorist organization known as Black Lives Matter, I will be done. And they will do it, no way they won't. The entire country has lost its damn mind and I won't support a damn bit of it.
    A lot and I mean a lot of people feel the same way, they are just not rioting in the streets about it.

vCash

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but:

[tweet]1269389854061846529[/tweet]

vCash
    Good to know. Bye MSU. It was good following you. Don't ever call me again and ask for a damn dime.

vCash

vCash
    Good to know. Bye MSU. It was good following you. Don't ever call me again and ask for a damn dime.
    Don't let the 17ing door hit you on the way out.

vCash
    What a loss...I'm sure there were some who said the same thing when the men's basketball team defied the Guvna's orders to not play black athletes....

Such a tragic loss to the fanbase*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    What a loss...I'm sure there were some who said the same thing when the men's basketball team defied the Guvna's orders to not play black athletes....

Wow, apples and oranges comparison. I am sure there are folks who support the surface level BLM stuff but it is way more than that. There are even a few groups starting because of what BLM stands for. Labor for Black Lives is One.

BLM is a racist, evil organization. Look at their website and what they believe in. People can believe and say what they want but not the kind of world view that I want to hang out with or will do our society any good.

vCash
    I think a lot of these people are only supporting because of an obvious injustice - Floyd but don't really know what all BLM stands for. Don't give up yet. While I agree with the disappointment, this is just another PR stunt by those in leadership. Political posturing, I've heard what Keenum and company believe and it ain't what BLM says. Maybe they prove me wrong later?

vCash

There will be many more like him if we do stupid shit on tv during a football game. And I can see it happening at halftime or at the start of a game. Will play it by ear before I say what I will do. Like many I'm already done with the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    There will be many more like him if we do stupid shit on tv during a football game. And I can see it happening at halftime or at the start of a game. Will play it by ear before I say what I will do. Like many I'm already done with the NFL.
    I agree. And we don't need to celebrate losing ANY fans. We need all the monetary support we can get. Every fan that stops putting money into MSU hurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree. And we don't need to celebrate losing ANY fans. We need all the monetary support we can get. Every fan that stops putting money into MSU hurts.
    More fans will replace them and MSU will be fine. We're not a dying breed.

vCash

My main reason for giving it up is that it's become nothing more than a political cesspool, like this thread, like this board, and like you. If I wanted to make myself miserable by hanging around idiots who talk politics all day every day, then I'd surround myself by morons like you IRL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    My main reason for giving it up is that it's become nothing more than a political cesspool, like this thread, like this board, and like you. If I wanted to make myself miserable by hanging around idiots who talk politics all day every day, then I'd surround myself by morons like you IRL.
    Ok, well next time tell me what you really think, lol.

I don't "talk politics all day every day", in fact, I hate talking politics, actually.....but these are the threads that are going on right now (there is a void of sports in the world, if you've been paying attention), so I'm giving my opinions, as are others. What a bunch of ****in' morons, AMIRIGHT?*

Pretty sure you're the first poster to refer to others as an "idiot", "cesspool", or "moron" this entire thread, by the way. But yeah, you seem like a swell human being otherwise; it's just these threads that are bringing this out of you, lol.

vCash
    Look, I don't want to lose any fans. And I agree on the money part; it can get tough. But as with many things throughout history, it's adapt or die.

vCash
    I'd prefer to keep every fan we can, and add more. But supporting racial equality should be a higher priority than pandering to our few fans who don't, and I'm willing to accept the financial consequences of that.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Tear down those pyramids in Egypt that the slaves built.
    Actually, most were built by paid laborers
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Exactly 'where' and 'when' do we stand in 'honor' of the Mississippi State flag at NFL games? And, 'what' does the band play?
    When you have to walk into a courthouse with a symbol of hate hanging above the entry, let me know how you feel. Might as well be a swastika.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Don't misconstrue your conservative values with Christian values. If Christ came back today he'd be labeled a radical libtard for him loving all people and not giving a shit about your money, flags and statues.
    That's true. Christians, voting for grab him by the ***** dude that cheated on every wife has ever had and don't pay his debts? Nope, but conservatives voted for him. Conservative and Christian values are not even in the same stratosphere.

I mean you can be Christian and conservative. You can be Christian and liberal. Comservatives and Christians are not linked.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I quit watching pro sports years ago. Now looks like college sports too because of this pandemic. Bigger issues in life than sports.