Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you draw the line....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I have a real fear that this is only the beginning. At some point the American Flag, statues And monuments of the founders of this great nation, statues and monuments of American war hero's and other significant people will come under fire(heck it already is in some places),and that's when it's gonna get really ugly. We need change in some areas, yes, and issues that have to be fixed for sure and it's overdue in some areas, but there's a point where the destruction has to stop.
    Respectfully, I just can't buy into this argument, CC. The United States has a legacy of progress. Is our country perfect? No, of course not. We've made mistakes, made them again, but always seem to get things right in the end (as we will with the current turbulence). America rid itself of slavery, has made strides in civil rights, women's rights, education, technology, and continues to help make the world a better place. That's what the American Flag represents. You can't even remotely say the same about anything connected to the Confederacy. Nada. That's the difference here. And it's the key one.

vCash
    I guess guns is where I draw the line. What’s happening now a a prime example of why organizations like the NRA will not budge an inch on gun control. I will never agree to ANY form of gun control because that would just be the beginning. No magazine limitations, “assault rifle” limitations, number of guns allowed in households, nothing. Never ever give an inch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Respectfully, I just can't buy into this argument, CC. The United States has a legacy of progress. Is our country perfect? No, of course not. We've made mistakes, made them again, but always seem to get things right in the end (as we will with the current turbulence). America rid itself of slavery, has made strides in civil rights, women's rights, education, technology, and continues to help make the world a better place. That's what the American Flag represents. You can't even remotely say the same about anything connected to the Confederacy. Nada. That's the difference here. And it's the key one.
    I understand what you're saying and always respect your opinion. However statutes of Columbus, Lincoln etc have been desecrated, and vandalized and it's been allowed to happen. The Flag has been burned, stepped on and mutilated, so obviously there's some serious hate drifting around out there. My question is where does it stop and where does it end?

ETA that's why i said in my original post that it was my fear, and that's why at some point someone has to step up and say enough.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 06-19-2020 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    I will have to agree with CC. In my opinion, we have gone left of center in some areas. Abortion is a prime example. We do not always get it right and in the last couple decades, we have gotten more wrong than right. And we are sliding down some slippery slopes. There will come a time in this great nation when their will be more people on welfare than their will be at work. And when Christian values will no longer be accepted as ok.

vCash
    I?m pretty close. Don?t care who wins or loses.

vCash
    Hey Beardo, you ever see "No Country for Old Men"? I guess I'm feeling like Ed Tom Bell lol

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    The difference is, sorry you do not see it, kneeling is an act of submission and standing is a sign of equality, providing your support for and loyalty to something or someone. You kneel to God in submission as a created being that worships his creator as we are not His equal. You stand for the flag in support of, loyalty to and equality with your fellow man in defending this country and the principles for which it stands.

To do it the other way shows a lack of understanding and respect for both God and our country! Give to God what is God's and to Caesar (your country) what is Caesar's!

The things we do have meaning and always has but now the left is trying to diminish its meaning, vilify it and to rewrite history. How utterly shameful!
    The difference here is kneeling to disrespect or troops or kneeling for something else entirely. I swear, its like the kneeling happened in a vacuum without any context.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It's just in the crosshairs by an extremist. That name won't go anywhere because they are known for positive things
    Haha so is Drew Brees and everything else that the mob wants to end. Keep making excuses. If you let them take everything you have nothing

vCash
    Respectfully, I just can't buy into this argument, CC.
    Respectfully....

vCash
    Just to be clear I wasn't referring to anything about the confederate flag or the confederacy, I was speaking strictly in terms of American Flag and American hero's not the confederacy at all. You're a good dude Beardo.

vCash
    Sadly, I think CC is right. Once every vestige of the old South has been removed they will still not be happy and will find something else to be offended over. And I am afraid if will be our American flag. While I 100% agree with your stance of what our flag stands for, not all do. What is not debatable at all is that everything people despise the confederate flag for due to the things that happened under it, also all happened under the American flag.

Don't misconstrue the following as support for slavery and racist behavior. Just hear me out. The confederacy only existed for four years. It never had time to evolve and change. When it did exist, there were lots of people, in the North and South, that either supported slavery or at least tolerated it as a way of life back then. Hell, even Lincoln is quoted as saying he wasn't concerned about it. His main concern was preserving the union at any cost. I'm paraphrasing here but he said if he could preserve the union by freeing all the slaves he would. If he could do it freeing some of them he would. But if he could do if freeing nine of them he also would do that. Also during that time the Corwin amendment was proposed which would make slavery a constitutionally protected institution if the South would rejoin the union and end the war. And just as there were people on both sides that were pro slavery, there were those in the South, too, that opposed slavery. So the seeds to ending it already existed in the South back then. It's just they never had time to sprout since they lost the war and ceased to exist as a country. How would things look today had the South one? I have no idea, but I am pretty sure slavery would have ended long ago regardless. Between more people waking up to the horror that it was and technological advances making it more productive to use machinery instead of human labor it would have ended. But had America lost a war that caused us to cease to exist as a nation in 1865 what would the legacy be of our flag from 1776-1865 and what happened under it? Is it any different than what happened under the confederate flag from 1861-1865? The US has had an extra 155 years to improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Respectfully....

Pretty sure you piss sitting down.**

vCash
    So peacefully kneeling at a football game is "disrespectful" to the flag of the United States of America.....BUT, continuing to honor the flag of the rebellion that attempted to break up that same United States of America over the right to own other human beings as property, is somehow....not?

Exactly 'where' and 'when' do we stand in 'honor' of the Mississippi State flag at NFL games? And, 'what' does the band play?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Haha so is Drew Brees and everything else that the mob wants to end. Keep making excuses. If you let them take everything you have nothing
    This is true, but they've already moved on from Brees. He took his 48 hours of bad coverage & now is a distant memory
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    They are coming for your guns next.... watch DC....
    I don't have any. I sold my entire arsenal along with the ammo to some guy they called El Gato. That must have been his fraternity nickname because I heard them say something about Zetas. Just putting that out there so nobody wastes their time searching my house or my vehicle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I don't have any. I sold my entire arsenal along with the ammo to some guy they called El Gato. That must have been his fraternity nickname because I heard them say something about Zetas. Just putting that out there so nobody wastes their time searching my house or my vehicle.
    He must really like guns. I sold all mine to the same guy.

vCash
    The world changes. And it's changing away from what a lot of people were comfortable in because it worked for them. What you think is right for you may be complete opposite of someone else. The world is so much bigger than any one persons view. The sooner you accept that and focus more on yourself and the ones close to you, the easier and more enjoyable life will be going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Just to be clear I wasn't referring to anything about the confederate flag or the confederacy, I was speaking strictly in terms of American Flag and American hero's not the confederacy at all. You're a good dude Beardo.
    Oh, of course, CC. I didn't do a very good job of clearly directing my comment. My post was referring to people who conflate the issue of wanting to take down Confederate imagery and the future worry that American imagery is next (not specifically directed to your comment).

Now, you're correct with the current issue of mobs destroying/vandalizing statues; its horrible, and at this point appears to be a movement. I saw how Ulysses S. Grant's statue was toppled last night...the man who trounced the Confederacy...these people are just going after every statue of a white man from the 17/1800s with rage, not logic. Now THIS absolutely is a problem, but its a separate movement from the Confederate flag/statue one. People have been debating the Confederate flag, MS flag, confederate statues, imagery, etc. for decades; literal decades...this is not something that just recently popped up. One could argue the same specifically for the Columbus statues, as various groups have been going after him for decades as well (one of my favorite episodes of the Sopranos actually focuses on this, lol). Now, given the current turmoil, its easy to conflate the 2 things, but they are still separate debates.

And of course I've seen No Country...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I will have to agree with CC. In my opinion, we have gone left of center in some areas. Abortion is a prime example. We do not always get it right and in the last couple decades, we have gotten more wrong than right. And we are sliding down some slippery slopes. There will come a time in this great nation when their will be more people on welfare than their will be at work. And when Christian values will no longer be accepted as ok.
    Don't misconstrue your conservative values with Christian values. If Christ came back today he'd be labeled a radical libtard for him loving all people and not giving a shit about your money, flags and statues.