Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you draw the line....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Where will you draw the line....

I apologize if this gets political but I would ask that we control the debating here and keep it mature.

Where do you draw the line? At what point in all this craziness will you decide to quit sports? Kneeling? Paid college players? Mascots changed? Athletes making demands. At some point it will effect revenue at the pro level. I have my feelings but it sucks every way we look at from a tradition standpoint. I want the best for everyone involved and that means there is give and take but at some point I will quit pro sports if it goes to far.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I started a thread about it, but the Texas Rangers name is next in the crosshairs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I started a thread about it, but the Texas Rangers name is next in the crosshairs.
    It's just in the crosshairs by an extremist. That name won't go anywhere because they are known for positive things
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Walker was a Texas Ranger so they can kiss my ass.**

vCash
    I stopped watching NFL because of the kneeling during our nations National Anthem. I don't necessarily have a line drawn where I'll stop watching all sports, but that one was too much for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I stopped watching NFL because of the kneeling during our nations National Anthem. I don't necessarily have a line drawn where I'll stop watching all sports, but that one was too much for me.
    So peacefully kneeling at a football game is "disrespectful" to the flag of the United States of America.....BUT, continuing to honor the flag of the rebellion that attempted to break up that same United States of America over the right to own other human beings as property, is somehow....not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    So peacefully kneeling at a football game is "disrespectful" to the flag of the United States of America.....BUT, continuing to honor the flag of the rebellion that attempted to break up that same United States of America over the right to own other human beings as property, is somehow....not?
    WTF are you talking about??? Why do you keep bringing up the confederate flag? It's not being discussed in this thread. We all hate the damn thing. You just want to argue.

vCash

Exactly 'where' and 'when' do we stand in 'honor' of the Mississippi State flag at NFL games? And, 'what' does the band play?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    So peacefully kneeling at a football game is "disrespectful" to the flag of the United States of America

Yes

vCash
    I typically find a lot of irony in the positions of both political parties, but I hadn't considered how ridiculous these two positions are in concert until reading your post. Pretty funny.

vCash
    I haven't stopped watching pro sports but I have drastically reduced watching pro sports. For me it is a cumulative issue. It was baseball strikes 20? years ago. It is constant interjection of politics and drama. It is constantly hearing about the stupid crimes by athletes especially involving minors. It's kneeling at the national anthem. It just seems that sports used to be about going on the field and seeing which team is better and now not so much.

I understand that a lot of this was surely happening in the old days too prior to social media and everyone carrying cell phones but I never saw it. That doesn't make it any more OK but when I watched games, all I saw was the game.

I don't care two baby rat turds about what color, gender, religion,... any player, cheerleader, owner, coach, ... is. I just want teams to play the game and let their hard work and talent be the story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I haven't stopped watching pro sports but I have drastically reduced watching pro sports. For me it is a cumulative issue. It was baseball strikes 20? years ago. It is constant interjection of politics and drama. It is constantly hearing about the stupid crimes by athletes especially involving minors. It's kneeling at the national anthem. It just seems that sports used to be about going on the field and seeing which team is better and now not so much.

I understand that a lot of this was surely happening in the old days too prior to social media and everyone carrying cell phones but I never saw it. That doesn't make it any more OK but when I watched games, all I saw was the game.

I don't care two baby rat turds about what color, gender, religion,... any player, cheerleader, owner, coach, ... is. I just want teams to play the game and let their hard work and talent be the story.
    I hear you man. I agree 100%. And I forgot about the pro baseball strike. that's when I stopped watching MLB. I was a fan up to that point, but lost interest.

vCash
    Did you quit Trump too? He was playing and swinging his arms acting like a fool during the anthem but heaven forbid a black man kneel to call attention to a real problem in this country.

Do you think it's OK for Trump to be disrespectful or are you in denial that he did it. Do I need to go find that video? On second thought, you probably wouldn't even watch it if I did or make excuses for your man or say it was all fake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Did you quit Trump too? He was playing and swinging his arms acting like a fool during the anthem but heaven forbid a black man kneel to call attention to a real problem in this country.

Do you think it's OK for Trump to be disrespectful or are you in denial that he did it. Do I need to go find that video? On second thought, you probably wouldn't even watch it if I did or make excuses for your man or say it was all fake.
    Wow. You don't know a thing about me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I apologize if this gets political but I would ask that we control the debating here and keep it mature.

Where do you draw the line? At what point in all this craziness will you decide to quit sports? Kneeling? Paid college players? Mascots changed? Athletes making demands. At some point it will effect revenue at the pro level. I have my feelings but it sucks every way we look at from a tradition standpoint. I want the best for everyone involved and that means there is give and take but at some point I will quit pro sports if it goes to far.
    Not sure.

They are not close to my line yet...

Kneeling. Why is it a big deal? The party line is "it's disrespectful". First, since when is kneeling, disrespectful? Is it disrespectful to God when you kneel in Church? They are being more respectful than the Fans in the stands are milling around the concourse, getting concessions, talking/texting on their phones, in the bathroom, etc.

Paid college players? You mean like has happened since at least Bear and Vaught in the 1950's?

Mascots changed? Like has happened since at least Stanford in the 1920's and MSU in 1960?

Athletes making demands? Like has happened in all sports, ever?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Not sure.

They are not close to my line yet...

Kneeling. Why is it a big deal? The party line is "it's disrespectful". First, since when is kneeling, disrespectful? Is it disrespectful to God when you kneel in Church? They are being more respectful than the Fans in the stands are milling around the concourse, getting concessions, talking/texting on their phones, in the bathroom, etc.

Paid college players? You mean like has happened since at least Bear and Vaught in the 1950's?

Mascots changed? Like has happened since at least Stanford in the 1920's and MSU in 1960?

Athletes making demands? Like has happened in all sports, ever?
    The difference is, sorry you do not see it, kneeling is an act of submission and standing is a sign of equality, providing your support for and loyalty to something or someone. You kneel to God in submission as a created being that worships his creator as we are not His equal. You stand for the flag in support of, loyalty to and equality with your fellow man in defending this country and the principles for which it stands.

To do it the other way shows a lack of understanding and respect for both God and our country! Give to God what is God's and to Caesar (your country) what is Caesar's!

The things we do have meaning and always has but now the left is trying to diminish its meaning, vilify it and to rewrite history. How utterly shameful!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    The difference is, sorry you do not see it, kneeling is an act of submission and standing is a sign of equality, providing your support for and loyalty to something or someone. You kneel to God in submission as a created being that worships his creator as we are not His equal. You stand for the flag in support of, loyalty to and equality with your fellow man in defending this country and the principles for which it stands.

To do it the other way shows a lack of understanding and respect for both God and our country! Give to God what is God's and to Caesar (your country) what is Caesar's!

The things we do have meaning and always has but now the left is trying to diminish its meaning, vilify it and to rewrite history. How utterly shameful!
    The difference here is kneeling to disrespect or troops or kneeling for something else entirely. I swear, its like the kneeling happened in a vacuum without any context.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

You do know God doesn't honor the US flag right? All flags are equal to him and that's colored cloth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    You do know God doesn't honor the US flag right? All flags are equal to him and that's colored cloth.
    Ahh, not quite! Please read the Bible and you will find many instances of God favoring a particular nation for his purpose.

Examples:

- Israel - becoming a nation
    - Palestinians (until Israel grew in number to defeat them and drive them out of Israel)
    - Egypt - Until Israel left with Moses in the wilderness (God showed his power through Pharaoh)
    - Egypt - When Joseph (Israelis slave now 2nd in command of Egypt) saved the known world when famine hit (Alll nations cam to Egypt for food)
    - Israel during the times of Judges - righteous judges defeated their enemies, evil judges caused injury to Israel
    - Israel - after it split in half after King Solomon died -
    0 When they had a righteous ruler they prospered and defeated their enemies
    0 When they had an evil ruler they suffered and their enemies defeated them
    - Babylonians - when they defeated Israel for forgetting God and serving other gods (idols)

And even the US:
    - The US - up until this time (roller coaster since the 1960s) where we have forgotten Him and disobeyed His will and His commands (we will see what our future holds)
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 06-22-2020 at 09:23 AM.

vCash
    Ahh, not quite! Please read the Bible and you will find many instances of God favoring a particular nation for his purpose.

Examples:

- Israel - becoming a nation
    - Palestinians (until Israel grew in number to defeat them and drive them out of Israel)
    - Egypt - Until Israel left with Moses in the wilderness (God showed his power through Pharaoh)
    - Egypt - When Joseph (Israelis slave now 2nd in command of Egypt) saved the known world when famine hit (Alll nations cam to Egypt for food)
    - Israel during the times of Judges - righteous judges defeated their enemies, evil judges caused injury to Israel
    - Israel - after it split in half after King Solomon died -
    0 When they had a righteous ruler they prospered and defeated their enemies
    0 When they had an evil ruler they suffered and their enemies defeated them
    - Babylonians - when they defeated Israel for forgetting God and serving other gods (idols)

And even the US:
    - The US - up until this time (roller coaster since the 1960s) where we have forgotten Him and disobeyed His will and His commands (we will see what our future holds)
    Like hate and bigotry? Or can you find some passage that justifies this too?