Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you draw the line....

vCash

Where will you draw the line....

I apologize if this gets political but I would ask that we control the debating here and keep it mature.

Where do you draw the line? At what point in all this craziness will you decide to quit sports? Kneeling? Paid college players? Mascots changed? Athletes making demands. At some point it will effect revenue at the pro level. I have my feelings but it sucks every way we look at from a tradition standpoint. I want the best for everyone involved and that means there is give and take but at some point I will quit pro sports if it goes to far.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I started a thread about it, but the Texas Rangers name is next in the crosshairs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I started a thread about it, but the Texas Rangers name is next in the crosshairs.
    It's just in the crosshairs by an extremist. That name won't go anywhere because they are known for positive things
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I apologize if this gets political but I would ask that we control the debating here and keep it mature.

Where do you draw the line? At what point in all this craziness will you decide to quit sports? Kneeling? Paid college players? Mascots changed? Athletes making demands. At some point it will effect revenue at the pro level. I have my feelings but it sucks every way we look at from a tradition standpoint. I want the best for everyone involved and that means there is give and take but at some point I will quit pro sports if it goes to far.
    Not sure.

They are not close to my line yet...

Kneeling. Why is it a big deal? The party line is "it's disrespectful". First, since when is kneeling, disrespectful? Is it disrespectful to God when you kneel in Church? They are being more respectful than the Fans in the stands are milling around the concourse, getting concessions, talking/texting on their phones, in the bathroom, etc.

Paid college players? You mean like has happened since at least Bear and Vaught in the 1950's?

Mascots changed? Like has happened since at least Stanford in the 1920's and MSU in 1960?

Athletes making demands? Like has happened in all sports, ever?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Walker was a Texas Ranger so they can kiss my ass.**

vCash
    I stopped watching NFL because of the kneeling during our nations National Anthem. I don't necessarily have a line drawn where I'll stop watching all sports, but that one was too much for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Not sure.

Kneeling. Why is it a big deal? The party line is "it's disrespectful". First, since when is kneeling, disrespectful? Is it disrespectful to God when you kneel in Church? They are being more respectful than the Fans in the stands are milling around the concourse, getting concessions, talking/texting on their phones, in the bathroom, etc.

Paid college players? You mean like has happened since at least Bear and Vaught in the 1950's?

Mascots changed? Like has happened since at least Stanford in the 1920's and MSU in 1960?

The difference is, sorry you do not see it, kneeling is an act of submission and standing is a sign of equality, providing your support for and loyalty to something or someone. You kneel to God in submission as a created being that worships his creator as we are not His equal. You stand for the flag in support of, loyalty to and equality with your fellow man in defending this country and the principles for which it stands.

To do it the other way shows a lack of understanding and respect for both God and our country! Give to God what is God's and to Caesar (your country) what is Caesar's!

The things we do have meaning and always has but now the left is trying to diminish its meaning, vilify it and to rewrite history. How utterly shameful!

vCash
    The line is different for different people, but removing the Confederate flag seems pretty unanimous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Not sure.

Exactly.

And again, we're talking about a flag that was adopted by the MS legislation (without a people's vote) as a middle finger to black people and all the people north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Period. Nothing about that flag says "history", "heritage", "honor", or whatever positive descriptor you want to use. Why you guys insist on dying on this hill is ****ing mind boggling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I stopped watching NFL because of the kneeling during our nations National Anthem. I don't necessarily have a line drawn where I'll stop watching all sports, but that one was too much for me.
    So peacefully kneeling at a football game is "disrespectful" to the flag of the United States of America.....BUT, continuing to honor the flag of the rebellion that attempted to break up that same United States of America over the right to own other human beings as property, is somehow....not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Exactly.

And again, we're talking about a flag that was adopted by the MS legislation (without a people's vote) as a middle finger to black people and all the people north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Period. Nothing about that flag says "history", "heritage", "honor", or whatever positive descriptor you want to use. Why you guys insist on dying on this hill is ****ing mind boggling.
    Who insists on "dying on this hill"? I don't see anyone here, especially on this thread you replied to, that wants to keep the state flag. You are the only poster that mentioned the flag.

vCash
    I don't know, but it's somewhere after changing the damn state flag.

What's going on right now in MLB is really trying my patience though.

vCash
    So peacefully kneeling at a football game is "disrespectful" to the flag of the United States of America.....BUT, continuing to honor the flag of the rebellion that attempted to break up that same United States of America over the right to own other human beings as property, is somehow....not?
    WTF are you talking about??? Why do you keep bringing up the confederate flag? It's not being discussed in this thread. We all hate the damn thing. You just want to argue.

vCash
    WTF are you talking about??? Why do you keep bringing up the confederate flag? It's not being discussed in this thread. We all hate the damn thing. You just want to argue.
    Ok, fair enough. I may have mixed this thread with the actual flag thread in my head during the replies.

However, are you sure the OP wasn't started in response to the flag debate? Because that's how I took it.

vCash
    I think everything has to be viewed on a case by case basis.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Exactly, Captain Falcon. Somehow, we?ve lost the ability to so that. We?ve lost common sense.

vCash
    I guess I would draw the line on watching and supporting sports when watching and supporting sports is not enjoyable to me anymore.

vCash
    Ok, fair enough. I may have mixed this thread with the actual flag thread in my head during the replies.

However, are you sure the OP wasn't started in response to the flag debate? Because that's how I took it.
    Fair point. Maybe it was started with the flag thing in mind, but I just didn't see it that way. I hate the confederate flag but I also hate kneeling during the National Anthem.

vCash
    Fair point. Maybe it was started with the flag thing in mind, but I just didn't see it that way. I hate the confederate flag but I also hate kneeling during the National Anthem.
    Good deal. My comment was obviously mistakenly directed at your post. My bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post

Sports used to be the diversion that brought some people together; now it is the dividing rod of hatred. Our sports issues are just a manifestation of the rest of our culture as well. This didn't happen over night. Our spiritual and moral condition has been deteriorating for decades and finally coming to a head. Now some will say we are advancing. Look at the proof, not sure how anyone can buy that. Simply not true.