Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you draw the line....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Ahh, not quite! Please read the Bible and you will find many instances of God favoring a particular nation for his purpose.

0 When they had a righteous ruler they prospered and defeated their enemies
    0 When they had an evil ruler they suffered and their enemies defeated them
    We are not God's Chosen Nation. Never have been.

And that's all Old Testament. Who was "God's chosen nation" between 1030 BC until, I assume, 312 AD when Constantine became the first Christian Emperor?
    And who was it again from 476 AD when Rome fell until 1776?

Did he stop having one? Or did he choose a nation that literally did not know the Judaeo-Christian God at all?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    If you ever wondered why a black athlete would play for and represent a place like Ole Miss with it's references to the Confederacy, it's right here in this guys post.

State has just as many racist assholes as Ole Miss and they know it.
    I guess that's why MSU has the highest % of blacks in the student body in the SEC.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post

And that's all Old Testament. Who was "God's chosen nation" between 1030 BC until, I assume, 312 AD when Constantine became the first Christian Emperor?

Did he stop having one? Or did he choose a nation that literally did not know the Judaeo-Christian God at all?
    Israel has been God's chosen nation and the Jewish people have been God's chosen people since the Abrahamic covenant and will always be. God does not change.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    So peacefully kneeling at a football game is "disrespectful" to the flag of the United States of America.....BUT, continuing to honor the flag of the rebellion that attempted to break up that same United States of America over the right to own other human beings as property, is somehow....not?
    I typically find a lot of irony in the positions of both political parties, but I hadn't considered how ridiculous these two positions are in concert until reading your post. Pretty funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I guess that's why MSU has the highest % of blacks in the student body in the SEC.
    This is true, but as long as there are Mississippi State grads and fans, that love themselves some Rebel flags & Confederate statues, there will be some people that will not see any difference in the two institutions.

I do believe there is a huge difference in the two places myself but that's my perception. I can't perceive something for someone else.

All it takes is one to influence a person's opinion of a place. We all know it's way more than one. We have seen dozens on this board advocating to keep the flag/statues or hating on Kapernick among other things.

Hell, some even quit watching the NFL because a dude took a knee to bring attention to a real problem. Nothing was violent about that or even disrespectful, Trump waving his arms around and dancing during the anthem, that was disrespectful and yet they quit watching a sport and still love themselves some Trump. Go figure

Intelligent people can change their minds when presented new evidence. The evidence is in on so many subjects and yet many refuse to see. For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would want to honor or celebrate anything confederate unless they are white supremacist or just ignorant of the truth of the purpose the Confederacy.

vCash
    Israel has been God's chosen nation and the Jewish people have been God's chosen people since the Abrahamic covenant and will always be. God does not change.
    Christians are God's Chosen People. Good grief.

vCash
    That's not what ExtendedCab said. He said it was Egypt, and Palestine, and Babylon, and the USA....

It's not my argument, He says God removes his favor. I'm wondering when that happened in the Bible, and what happened post-Babylon...

vCash

Sorry for the length of this response.

I never said the US was God's chosen nation, that honor belongs to Israel, the nation the Messiah (Jesus) came from. What I was sayin in so many words, I will be more direct here, is that God DOES BLESS the nation that repents of their sins, turns to Him and lives by His word. The examples I gave in my previous post clearly showed that God builds up nations (favor, honor, etc.) and He tears them down (judgement) depending on His purpose.

Your original response to my post was that God does not honor the US flag (which I take to mean that God does not or has not honored or favored the US or any other nation for that matter, that He is neutral) is absolutely wrong. Again, depending on God's will, He builds up nations (aka blesses them, prospers them, multiplies them, honors them, etc.). Now He may build up a nation (evil one), so they can be brought down, to show His power to other nations - Egypt, Rome, etc which he used to discipline other nations - Israel in particular. But he also builds up nations that honor Him and those that do their best to acknowledge Him and live by His word.

The US, read the original documents of this country and the letters of our founding fathers for reference (not that they were perfect, none are), was founded on Christian principles, our laws are based on Judeo-Christian principles (God's word) and our leaders (presidents, governors, etc.) and citizens at least feared God (gave Him reverence or at least due consideration), for the most part. We have been blessed above all other nations: we are the world military leader, we are a huge exporter of goods, we are a huge importer of goods, we evangelize the world, we have been until the past few years (downturn started in the 1960s) the most prosperous nation in the history of the world. But yet we are only (about) 1/20th or 5% of the worlds population. Wow, how does 5% of the world's population have so much impact on the rest of the world? God's word says that it is He that gives us power to obtain wealth and that if a nation will repent of their sins, turn from their evil ways and turn to God, He will heal their land! The apostle Paul even explained that the time order of God’s plan was not a sign of injustice or favoritism. “There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on sinning—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism” (Romans 2:9-11, New Living Translation).

God has definitely blessed the US (the flag if you will) and showered us with favor, grace and blessings, honor and prosperity but for how much longer is yet to be seen. It all depends on us as a people. Since the 1960's I do believe that the US is continually slipping in world status due to our moral decline. I also think we are today, at a tipping point, in wether we adhere to our original purpose or Christian ideals, or wether we succumb to the "worlds" no holes barred moral depravity. Scripture clearly states that is is a shame to even mention the things evil people do in secret but yet we are now expected to celebrate their depravity - our airwaves, internet, video and audio, is full of this crap. Are we next to be disciplined by God? I hope not, but I am very concerned for the future of the US.

vCash

I never said the US was God's chosen nation, that honor belongs to Israel, the nation the Messiah (Jesus) came from. What I was sayin in so many words, I will be more direct here, is that God DOES BLESS the nation that repents of their sins, turns to Him and lives by His word. The examples I gave in my previous post clearly showed that God builds up nations (favor, honor, etc.) and He tears them down (judgement) depending on His purpose.

Your original response to my post was that God does not honor the US flag (which I take to mean that God does not or has not honored or favored the US or any other nation for that matter, that He is neutral) is absolutely wrong. Again, depending on God's will, He builds up nations (aka blesses them, prospers them, multiplies them, honors them, etc.). Now He may build up a nation (evil one), so they can be brought down, to show His power to other nations - Egypt, Rome, etc which he used to discipline other nations - Israel in particular. But he also builds up nations that honor Him and those that do their best to acknowledge Him and live by His word.

The US, read the original documents of this country and the letters of our founding fathers for reference (not that they were perfect, none are), was founded on Christian principles, our laws are based on Judeo-Christian principles (God's word) and our leaders (presidents, governors, etc.) and citizens at least feared God (gave Him reverence or at least due consideration), for the most part. We have been blessed above all other nations: we are the world military leader, we are a huge exporter of goods, we are a huge importer of goods, we evangelize the world, we have been until the past few years (downturn started in the 1960s) the most prosperous nation in the history of the world. But yet we are only (about) 1/20th or 5% of the worlds population. Wow, how does 5% of the world's population have so much impact on the rest of the world? God's word says that it is He that gives us power to obtain wealth and that if a nation will repent of their sins, turn from their evil ways and turn to God, He will heal their land! The apostle Paul even explained that the time order of God?s plan was not a sign of injustice or favoritism. ?There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on sinning?for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good?for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism? (Romans 2:9-11, New Living Translation).

God has definitely blessed the US (the flag if you will) and showered us with favor, grace and blessings, honor and prosperity but for how much longer is yet to be seen. It all depends on us as a people. Since the 1960's I do believe that the US is continually slipping in world status due to our moral decline. I also think we are today, at a tipping point, in wether we adhere to our original purpose or Christian ideals, or wether we succumb to the "worlds" no holes barred moral depravity. Scripture clearly states that is is a shame to even mention the things evil people do in secret but yet we are now expected to celebrate their depravity - our airwaves, internet, video and audio, is full of this crap. Are we next to be disciplined by God? I hope not, but I am very concerned for the future of the US.
    I did not say that God does not honor the flag. I said we kneel at Church, and it's not a disrespectful act. Someone else said God doesn't care about flags (which I agree with, Matthew 22:21)

You went on a rant about how God chooses nations. There is no evidence that any Nations other than the Jews/Nation of Israel are what God cares about.

God and Jesus care about people. Not nations, or flags, or football teams... People. All are equal at the throne of God. Why not fight for that here?

And the "prosperity Gospel" is bullshit to take your money.

Doesn't matter what the "founding fathers" like Thomas Paine, Ethan Allen, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, George Washington, Ben Franklin, or James Monroe thought about God (but you should look up what they thought, you'd learn something) as they were far less religious than you'd be comfortable with.

The US has vast resources, and post 1945 when we became a world power, was the only 1st or 2nd world nation not devastated by years of Total War and owing that untouched nation Billions of dollars in war material. It took until the 1960's for the rest of the world to catch up to our lead. Which we squandered.

But to answer it another way, was China God's blessed country from 310 AD to 1300. Were the Ottomans his Blessed country from 1300 to 1500? They were the world power in the same way the US is today.... Was God blessing them?

vCash
    I did not say that God does not honor the flag. I said we kneel at Church, and it's not a disrespectful act. Someone else said God doesn't care about flags (which I agree with, Matthew 22:21)

You went on a rant about how God chooses nations. There is no evidence that any Nations other than the Jews/Nation of Israel are what God cares about.

God and Jesus care about people. Not nations, or flags, or football teams... People. All are equal at the throne of God. Why not fight for that here?

And the "prosperity Gospel" is bullshit to take your money.

Doesn't matter what the "founding fathers" like Thomas Paine, Ethan Allen, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, George Washington, Ben Franklin, or James Monroe thought about God (but you should look up what they thought, you'd learn something) as they were far less religious than you'd be comfortable with.

The US has vast resources, and post 1945 when we became a world power, was the only 1st or 2nd world nation not devastated by years of Total War and owing that untouched nation Billions of dollars in war material. It took until the 1960's for the rest of the world to catch up to our lead. Which we squandered.

But to answer it another way, was China God's blessed country from 310 AD to 1300. Were the Ottomans his Blessed country from 1300 to 1500? They were the world power in the same way the US is today.... Was God blessing them?

I never said anything about football teams (don't change the subject or sidestep the issue), just people and nations. You have obviously never read the book of Judges or 1 Kings and 2 Kings as there a MANY examples, if you have ears to hear and eyes that see, that GOD does indeed bless people and nations that follow him. This is not a prosperity Gospel fairytale, it is fact. But what you are confusing is prosperity to be ONLY MONEY meaning that you will become super rich. Biblical prosperity is simple. Biblical prosperity means being blessed by God. What does that mean? It means we will have what we need in this life, notice I did not say all that we want, but that we will have good success in our efforts, we will be without lack (essentials for life), he will give us favor, knowledge and understanding. Scripture also says "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging for bread." Seed does not apply to just Israel, it also applies to Christians as we also enjoy the blessings of Abraham (see Galatians 3).

I have read what the founding fathers think but I also have seen their beliefs in actions. You need to go to wallbuilders dot com and read the book called Original Intent. I bet you didn't know that the United States Capitol regularly served as a church building; a practice that began even before Congress officially moved into the building and it lasted until well after the Civil War. Now would an atheists or anti Christian group create that practice or endorse it? I think not!

Also look at how the countries the US defeated during WWI and WWII were rebuilt. It was with US help and assistance. A lack of war is also a blessing, to have peace on every side, so Yes the US was/is blessed! But like I said in my previous post, in the 1960s the US started its slow decline in the world and it continues today - although at a faster rate.

So has God blessed China, yes, but for what purpose only time will tell. From reading the book of Revelation, I think China will be one of the nations that contributes to an army of 200 million soldiers that will attack Israel during the great tribulation. God has in the past blessed nations, evil as they may be, to increase in power and strength to discipline a godly nation that is falling away from God. He did that to Israel several times and will again, read the book of Daniel and Revelation (the day of Jacob's trouble - the great tribulation).

And just because God builds up an evil nation does not mean they get a free pass. Even Babylon was judged after God finished using them to punish Israel. China and other Godless countries (Russia) judgement is still to come.

vCash
    Truth and God does bless nations who bless Isreal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    This is true, but as long as there are Mississippi State grads and fans, that love themselves some Rebel flags & Confederate statues, there will be some people that will not see any difference in the two institutions.

I do believe there is a huge difference in the two places myself but that's my perception. I can't perceive something for someone else.

All it takes is one to influence a person's opinion of a place. We all know it's way more than one. We have seen dozens on this board advocating to keep the flag/statues or hating on Kapernick among other things.

Hell, some even quit watching the NFL because a dude took a knee to bring attention to a real problem. Nothing was violent about that or even disrespectful, Trump waving his arms around and dancing during the anthem, that was disrespectful and yet they quit watching a sport and still love themselves some Trump. Go figure

Intelligent people can change their minds when presented new evidence. The evidence is in on so many subjects and yet many refuse to see. For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would want to honor or celebrate anything confederate unless they are white supremacist or just ignorant of the truth of the purpose the Confederacy.
    THIS. 100%. It's sickening the types of things I have read on this site in the past couple weeks. Do people really think racism is all made up and there is no reason to discuss it other than a big media conspiracy? Really??? If you know anything about Mississippi then you know racism is very real... sorry that people asking for it to be put to an end after hundreds of years is interrupting your barbeque pork shoulder and sports watching. People are so selfish... even worse when they try to use Christianity to justify their selfish, backwards, bigoted thinking. It's disgusting. No wonder Mississippi is the laughing stock of the nation. Some people would rather crash and burn than even ATTEMPT to do the right thing.

vCash
    Man, do I miss the 60s and 70s when Bammer was winning 3 National Championships per decade!

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Truth and God does bless nations who bless Isreal.
    The propaganda you evangelicals have been fed since Scofield is unbelievable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    The propaganda you evangelicals have been fed since Scofield is unbelievable
    I see you have never read the Bible! God speaking to Abraham (the father/patriarch of the nation of Israel) said in Genesis 12:3 - "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” And in Numbers 24:9 "The nation is like a mighty lion; When it is sleeping, no one dares wake it.
    Whoever blesses Israel will be blessed, And whoever curses Israel will be cursed.”

The old testament was written long before Scofield lived on this earth! The first 5 books of the Bible, the Torah, was written by Moses, the recipient of the original revelation from God on Mount Sinai.

Now who has been fed propaganda!

vCash
    Now who has been fed propaganda!
    You.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    You.
    To the left, facts do not apply, they just keep on in their insanity! You are doing a good job! Are you sure you are not Dantheman with new credentials?
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 06-22-2020 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    To the left, facts do not apply, they just keep on in their insanity! You are doing a good job! Are you sure you are not Dantheman with new credentials?
    Err, Rex54 isn't on "the left," not even close judging by his posts on the other threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Err, Rex54 isn't on "the left," not even close judging by his posts on the other threads.
    Fact.... Rex is soooooo not "leftist"... While I may not be as convicted as he is RE: economic ideology, I do agree with him on a bunch of his shit...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

The US, read the original documents of this country and the letters of our founding fathers for reference (not that they were perfect, none are), was founded on Christian principles, our laws are based on Judeo-Christian principles (God's word) and our leaders (presidents, governors, etc.) and citizens at least feared God (gave Him reverence or at least due consideration), for the most part. We have been blessed above all other nations: we are the world military leader, we are a huge exporter of goods, we are a huge importer of goods, we evangelize the world, we have been until the past few years (downturn started in the 1960s) the most prosperous nation in the history of the world. But yet we are only (about) 1/20th or 5% of the worlds population. Wow, how does 5% of the world's population have so much impact on the rest of the world? God's word says that it is He that gives us power to obtain wealth and that if a nation will repent of their sins, turn from their evil ways and turn to God, He will heal their land! The apostle Paul even explained that the time order of God?s plan was not a sign of injustice or favoritism. ?There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on sinning?for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good?for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism? (Romans 2:9-11, New Living Translation).

So it has been since the Civil Rights Movement, when Black people finally gained the minimum amount of respect and rights, that the nation started on a moral decline? ...... America had been on an epic tear of moral depravity since its inception. Treating people worse than dogs, ratifying it into your laws, and making torture and murder part of everyday life doesn't put you on the international list of "Moral Elites". You speak of Egypt and Rome as if America is exempt from God's judgement. Perhaps America has been given hundreds of years to make things right and after failing to do so, it is now time to be judged. God doesn't like anyone desecrating His creation. I'm sure He has been displeased with America since long before the 1960s.
    Last edited by natchez87; 06-23-2020 at 12:12 AM.