Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you draw the line....

vCash
    I don't label Jesus as a conservative or a liberal. I'm willing to say with 100% certainty that he isn't political at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncivilengineer View Post
    Good to know. Bye MSU. It was good following you. Don't ever call me again and ask for a damn dime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    You do know God doesn't honor the US flag right? All flags are equal to him and that's colored cloth.
    Ahh, not quite! Please read the Bible and you will find many instances of God favoring a particular nation for his purpose.

Examples:

- Israel - becoming a nation
    - Palestinians (until Israel grew in number to defeat them and drive them out of Israel)
    - Egypt - Until Israel left with Moses in the wilderness (God showed his power through Pharaoh)
    - Egypt - When Joseph (Israelis slave now 2nd in command of Egypt) saved the known world when famine hit (Alll nations cam to Egypt for food)
    - Israel during the times of Judges - righteous judges defeated their enemies, evil judges caused injury to Israel
    - Israel - after it split in half after King Solomon died -
    0 When they had a righteous ruler they prospered and defeated their enemies
    0 When they had an evil ruler they suffered and their enemies defeated them
    - Babylonians - when they defeated Israel for forgetting God and serving other gods (idols)

And even the US:
    - The US - up until this time (roller coaster since the 1960s) where we have forgotten Him and disobeyed His will and His commands (we will see what our future holds)
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 06-22-2020 at 09:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Tearing down a statue of Grant is particularly stupid. He was the only 19th century president who tried to enforce equal rights for black citizens. Presidents who came after him sold them out and African-Americans didn't get back to the point of equality Grant advocated until the LBJ administration, at least in the South.

He briefly owned a slave as a young man after inheriting it, but he felt too bad about it and freed him for $0 when he could've sold him. He opposed the Mexican War because he feared it would expand slavery, and I think we all know how competent he was compared to other Union generals.

If there was a 19th century woke president, it was Grant, and there's not a close second.

Not just "Advocated" passed as basically the same Civil rights laws in 1875 as was passed in 1964, expect Grant wanted more added to the 1875 law than was passed.

It's the same ignorance of history you see on this thread, just the other side. It's like the history books left out the civil war and reconstruction to cover up what happened....
    Last edited by SheltonChoked; 06-22-2020 at 08:56 AM.

vCash
    I'd prefer to keep every fan we can, and add more. But supporting racial equality should be a higher priority than pandering to our few fans who don't, and I'm willing to accept the financial consequences of that.
    Nobody has a problem with supporting racial equality. THey have a problem with the black lives matter organization. I don't have a problem with the university saying black lives matter or saying black lives matter, but I get that some people view saying that as supporting an organization with beliefs and goals that they either disagree with or find repugnant.

It's similar to states' rights. States' rights are very important (and possibly more important now than ever, as if we allowed for a little federalism, we might not have such poisonous national politics b/c state politics would be more important), but it's a phrase that has been co-opted/tainted by people wanting to use it as political cover for heinous policies. Same thing with black lives matter; it's an innocuous statement that basically everybody agrees with, but it's been co-opted/tainted by some people that want to use it to draw support for heinous policies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Nobody has a problem with supporting racial equality. THey have a problem with the black lives matter organization. I don't have a problem with the university saying black lives matter or saying black lives matter, but I get that some people view saying that as supporting an organization with beliefs and goals that they either disagree with or find repugnant.

It's similar to states' rights. States' rights are very important (and possibly more important now than ever, as if we allowed for a little federalism, we might not have such poisonous national politics b/c state politics would be more important), but it's a phrase that has been co-opted/tainted by people wanting to use it as political cover for heinous policies. Same thing with black lives matter; it's an innocuous statement that basically everybody agrees with, but it's been co-opted/tainted by some people that want to use it to draw support for heinous policies.
    Thank you for saying this. You explained this very well and I think that's where the divide is coming over all this. This is exactly how i feel. I 100% support that black lives matter, I do not support the organization BLM and their goals and agenda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Ahh, not quite! Please read the Bible and you will find many instances of God favoring a particular nation for his purpose.

Examples:

- Palestinians (until Israel grew in number to defeat them and drive them out of Israel)
    - Egypt - Until Israel left with Moses in the wilderness (God showed his power through Pharaoh)
    - Egypt - When Joseph (Israelis slave now 2nd in command of Egypt) saved the known world when famine hit (Alll nations cam to Egypt for food)
    - Israel during the times of Judges - righteous judges defeated their enemies, evil judges caused injury to Israel
    - Babylonians - when they defeated Israel for forgetting God and serving other gods (idols)

And even the US:
    - The US - up until this time (roller coaster since the 1960s) where we have forgotten Him and disobeyed His will and His commands (we will see what our future holds)
    Like hate and bigotry? Or can you find some passage that justifies this too?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Examples:

And even the US:
    Nice bedtime stories though.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    BLM is not the devil. They are regular folks fighting for something we have all had since the moment we were born. The real shame, in my opinion, is that more people are not rallying with them. The evil viewpoint is a very clever distraction set by people that do not like equality. Theyblike the status quo. They undermine the reason for the movement in small ways. That is how you get a giant group of people to slowly support terrible things.

For instance, during the slave trade, warlords in Africa made a killing selling off the males of rival tribes. "Christians" who were doing the buying and selling, put out massive campaigns about how black people were savages and not equal to real humans. Those ideas have persisted even today. Hell there are doctors that still claim major differences between whites and blacks as of 30 years ago. Christians jumped through hoops to justify what they were doing, for money. Just like the majority of these posts. We should be outraged anytime someone is not treated equally. White, black, Trans, Gay, etc.

BLM is not perfect, but they are trying to fight systems in their way, that have been in their way since June 19, 1865. As the older people die out, change is coming. Some people cannot help they way they feel about it. Some people cannot see truth that flies in the face of their entire life's experience. Segregation was 50 years ago, yet we still fight it today. Change is going to take leadership, partnership, and multiple generations to get there.

First and foremost, treat everyone as you would want to be treated, and you will be judged on how you treat the least of these.

I support kneeling during the anthem, I support equality under the law, I support the 2nd amendment, I support the 1st amendment. All of those things are expected of me as a citizen.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Also, the native americans lived for thousands of years without major conflict. They never heard of Jesus or of our God. Please, lets keep this to modern day conflicts starting atleast with the 1600s.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Also, the native americans lived for thousands of years without major conflict. They never heard of Jesus or of our God. Please, lets keep this to modern day conflicts starting atleast with the 1600s.
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be sarcastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    BLM is not the devil. They are regular folks fighting for something we have all had since the moment we were born. The real shame, in my opinion, is that more people are not rallying with them. The evil viewpoint is a very clever distraction set by people that do not like equality. Theyblike the status quo. They undermine the reason for the movement in small ways. That is how you get a giant group of people to slowly support terrible things.

For instance, during the slave trade, warlords in Africa made a killing selling off the males of rival tribes. "Christians" who were doing the buying and selling, put out massive campaigns about how black people were savages and not equal to real humans. Those ideas have persisted even today. Hell there are doctors that still claim major differences between whites and blacks as of 30 years ago. Christians jumped through hoops to justify what they were doing, for money. Just like the majority of these posts. We should be outraged anytime someone is not treated equally. White, black, Trans, Gay, etc.

BLM is not perfect, but they are trying to fight systems in their way, that have been in their way since June 19, 1865. As the older people die out, change is coming. Some people cannot help they way they feel about it. Some people cannot see truth that flies in the face of their entire life's experience. Segregation was 50 years ago, yet we still fight it today. Change is going to take leadership, partnership, and multiple generations to get there.

First and foremost, treat everyone as you would want to be treated, and you will be judged on how you treat the least of these.

I support kneeling during the anthem, I support equality under the law, I support the 2nd amendment, I support the 1st amendment. All of those things are expected of me as a citizen.
    The problem is that so many people are reliant on the internet and it's so easy to create false narratives. If you just google around, it certainly looks like BLM has a mixture of good, benign, and destructive policy aims. It looks like BLM has co founders, https://blacklivesmatter.com/our-co-founders/, and it looks like those cofounders have some pretty objectionable views. https://disrn.com/news/video-surface...ained-marxists
    https://thebl.com/us-news/black-live...-marxists.html

Just hard to convince people that that's all a false flag operation and false info planted on the internet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncivilengineer View Post
    Good to know. Bye MSU. It was good following you. Don't ever call me again and ask for a damn dime.
    If you ever wondered why a black athlete would play for and represent a place like Ole Miss with it's references to the Confederacy, it's right here in this guys post.

State has just as many racist assholes as Ole Miss and they know it.

vCash
    Tearing down a statue of Grant is particularly stupid. He was the only 19th century president who tried to enforce equal rights for black citizens. Presidents who came after him sold them out and African-Americans didn't get back to the point of equality Grant advocated until the LBJ administration, at least in the South.

He briefly owned a slave as a young man after inheriting it, but he felt too bad about it and freed him for $0 when he could've sold him. He opposed the Mexican War because he feared it would expand slavery, and I think we all know how competent he was compared to other Union generals.

If there was a 19th century woke president, it was Grant, and there's not a close second.
    Gran't wife kept her Slaves

vCash
    The problem is that so many people are reliant on the internet and it's so easy to create false narratives. If you just google around, it certainly looks like BLM has a mixture of good, benign, and destructive policy aims. It looks like BLM has co founders, https://blacklivesmatter.com/our-co-founders/, and it looks like those cofounders have some pretty objectionable views. https://disrn.com/news/video-surface...ained-marxists
    https://thebl.com/us-news/black-live...-marxists.html

Just hard to convince people that that's all a false flag operation and false info planted on the internet.
    Yeah, i can see that. Unfortunately BLM is much bigger than the founders in today's political scene. It's like the difference between 2004 republican party and the now "post" Tea Party Republican party. They are nothing alike.
    To get political here, the most dangerous precendent that has been established during the past 12 years is the Merrick Garland vote. The Senate refused to do their duty. Now, when the democrats regain the Senate, no more conservative judges for Republican presidents and vice versa. That loop hole 17ed a bunch of voters that elected Obama, and will come back into play again in the future. Bet on that.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be sarcastic.
    Major conflict as in..... their civilization continued to exist outside the realm of God. That is until we came here and introduced them to our friend Influenza.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    If you ever wondered why a black athlete would play for and represent a place like Ole Miss with it's references to the Confederacy, it's right here in this guys post.

I actually have been shocked at the number of MSU fans that are borderline racist or at the least, bigots. Granted that 10 racist on a message board can post so many times it feels like 100. Either way, come on guys....lets agree to stop being racist and lets also agree that everything BLM stands for and rallies against, is not a direct reflection on you as a white person. The only negative reflection you should see is if you choose not to stand with your fellow citizen.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

Examples:

And even the US:
    Amen! +1
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post

So OM has black athletes because State has racist? Hahahahaha. Good grief.

Or maybe black people attend Ole Miss because they can think for themselves.

Real reasons by real people that I have been given......"Their alumni were supportive of me in high school." "I like the campus better." "Ole Miss has the major I wanted to study."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Like hate and bigotry? Or can you find some passage that justifies this too?
    Love thy neighbor as you love yourself.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!