Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will you draw the line....

vCash
    Just wanted to make sure this was in the discussion. Basically a former Green Beret was the person who came up with the idea of kneeling. Kapernick was doing the same thing that Marshawn Lynch had done for a long time, sit on the bench during the National Anthem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-kneeling/amp/

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    The difference is, sorry you do not see it, kneeling is an act of submission and standing is a sign of equality, providing your support for and loyalty to something or someone. You kneel to God in submission as a created being that worships his creator as we are not His equal. You stand for the flag in support of, loyalty to and equality with your fellow man in defending this country and the principles for which it stands.

To do it the other way shows a lack of understanding and respect for both God and our country! Give to God what is God's and to Caesar (your country) what is Caesar's!

The things we do have meaning and always has but now the left is trying to diminish its meaning, vilify it and to rewrite history. How utterly shameful!
    You do know God doesn't honor the US flag right? All flags are equal to him and that's colored cloth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Oh, of course, CC. I didn't do a very good job of clearly directing my comment. My post was referring to people who conflate the issue of wanting to take down Confederate imagery and the future worry that American imagery is next (not specifically directed to your comment).

Now, you're correct with the current issue of mobs destroying/vandalizing statues; its horrible, and at this point appears to be a movement. I saw how Ulysses S. Grant's statue was toppled last night...the man who trounced the Confederacy...these people are just going after every statue of a white man from the 17/1800s with rage, not logic. Now THIS absolutely is a problem, but its a separate movement from the Confederate flag/statue one. People have been debating the Confederate flag, MS flag, confederate statues, imagery, etc. for decades; literal decades...this is not something that just recently popped up. One could argue the same specifically for the Columbus statues, as various groups have been going after him for decades as well (one of my favorite episodes of the Sopranos actually focuses on this, lol). Now, given the current turmoil, its easy to conflate the 2 things, but they are still separate debates.

And of course I've seen No Country...

Agreed they are definitely separate issues. I love this country and what it stands for and I'm hoping and praying our kids and grandkids can have peace and happiness. So much hate out there right now that I worry about that future. Much respect for you, brother!

ETA No country is one of my favorites lot of deep meaning outside of all the violence. Especially Ed Toms dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Agreed they are definitely separate issues. I love this country and what it stands for and I'm hoping and praying our kids and grandkids can have peace and happiness. So much hate out there right now that I worry about that future. Much respect for you, brother!

ETA No country is one of my favorites lot of deep meaning outside of all the violence. Especially Ed Toms dream.
    Every night when me and my wife pray together, I pray for our nation. We need God more than ever right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Every night when me and my wife pray together, I pray for our nation. We need God more than ever right now.
    YES! And people need to learn how to forgive and move on on both sides of every issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Don't misconstrue your conservative values with Christian values. If Christ came back today he'd be labeled a radical libtard for him loving all people and not giving a shit about your money, flags and statues.
    And how would he feel about abortion? Same-sex marriage? Transgender?
    Might try studying that Bible a little more before you spout this type of ignorance. He would be labeled none of the above I imagine. Don't mistake loving all of mankind for being tolerant and accepting all beliefs and ways of life.

Don't forget that God works through governments, good and bad alike, to accomplish his will. Wars, slavery, exile, and the like.

vCash
    Amen brother!

vCash
    Same here brother!

vCash
    If you have not missed me.... then just keep scrolling...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    YES! And people need to learn how to forgive and move on on both sides of every issue.
    Yep this is a key to recovering from any injustices or wrongs. Unfortunately, so many will not forgive and reconcile. The hatred has been amped up for the past 10 years or so and now it is even encouraged. Only way out of this is the forgive, repent and move on.

BTW, most people's issue is not to repent to other people for a wrong they didn't commit but to God first whom they have sinned against. Guilt is good when you have done wrong but false guilt when there is no wrong you have committed is evil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    And how would he feel about abortion? Same-sex marriage? Transgender?
    Might try studying that Bible a little more before you spout this type of ignorance. He would be labeled none of the above I imagine. Don't mistake loving all of mankind for being tolerant and accepting all beliefs and ways of life.

Don't forget that God works through governments, good and bad alike, to accomplish his will. Wars, slavery, exile, and the like.
    Truth. Loving your neighbor is telling him the truth not telling him a lie that will condemn him forever. If you saw someone driving towards a cliff where the bridge was out would it be hateful or loving to tell him the bridge is out when he is sure the bridge is in and may accuse you of being unloving.

vCash
    So peacefully kneeling at a football game is "disrespectful" to the flag of the United States of America

Yes

vCash
    I understand both sides of the flag issue and it's really not a big deal to me but where does this insanity end? It won't stop until all vestiges of the old south are completely gone. What's next, getting rid of antebellum homes? Let's get rid of Lee Hall. Let's get rid of KFC. Let's burn Oxford to the ground. Oh wait, that one I'm good with.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I understand both sides of the flag issue and it's really not a big deal to me but where does this insanity end? It won't stop until all vestiges of the old south are completely gone. What's next, getting rid of antebellum homes? Let's get rid of Lee Hall. Let's get rid of KFC. Let's burn Oxford to the ground. Oh wait, that one I'm good with.
    You are so right. They have torn down USGrant statues now because someone heard a rumor that he had a slave once. Our library will be next target. I am trusting Keenum will not allow MSU campus to get out of control for MSU's sake and I have family on campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I apologize if this gets political but I would ask that we control the debating here and keep it mature.

Where do you draw the line? At what point in all this craziness will you decide to quit sports? Kneeling? Paid college players? Mascots changed? Athletes making demands. At some point it will effect revenue at the pro level. I have my feelings but it sucks every way we look at from a tradition standpoint. I want the best for everyone involved and that means there is give and take but at some point I will quit pro sports if it goes to far.
    Oh it's already crossed for me. I'm out. Pros will be easy. College is gonna hurt. If CFB doesn't have a season this year, there will be millions who never tune in again, I would wager. I plan to be in that number either way. My money is staying with me from now on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    You are so right. They have torn down USGrant statues now because someone heard a rumor that he had a slave once. Our library will be next target. I am trusting Keenum will not allow MSU campus to get out of control for MSU's sake and I have family on campus.
    Last night in Portland they pulled down a statue of George Washington and burned a flag on it. I've heard "f*** America", f*** the USA, etc. it's pathetic and sad.

vCash
    Tearing down a statue of Grant is particularly stupid. He was the only 19th century president who tried to enforce equal rights for black citizens. Presidents who came after him sold them out and African-Americans didn't get back to the point of equality Grant advocated until the LBJ administration, at least in the South.

He briefly owned a slave as a young man after inheriting it, but he felt too bad about it and freed him for $0 when he could've sold him. He opposed the Mexican War because he feared it would expand slavery, and I think we all know how competent he was compared to other Union generals.

If there was a 19th century woke president, it was Grant, and there's not a close second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    African-Americans didn't get back to the point of equality Grant advocated until the LBJ administration...
    this shit is wonderfully amusing.....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17