Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Official: No Baseball Regionals if We Keep Flag

vCash
    Well... that settles it then. Tomorrow we secede from the SEC/NCAA. Grab yer gun and 'shine! Who's with me? Let's gooooo!!

Last edited by Turfdawg67; 06-19-2020 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    While what you say does have some merit, it's important to remember that the Georgia flag has not been adopted by the KKK and other hate groups as a symbol of racial superiority
    Exactly what I just posted. Beat me to it, Gun.

vCash
    I would like to see just one person admit that the reason they don?t consider the flag to be racist is simply because they selfishly and stubbornly don?t want it to go away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    While what you say does have some merit, it's important to remember that the Georgia flag has not been adopted by the KKK and other hate groups as a symbol of racial superiority
    That's the problem with symbolism. For example, in 50 years if something like the American flag or the sign of the cross were to be "adopted" by an undesirable group would they all have to be taken down because they are a dog-whistle for something else? The swastika was a symbol of togetherness for 5,000 years before Hitler adopted it. Nobody knows that now.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 06-19-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    That's the problem with symbolism. For example, in 50 years if something like the American flag or the sign of the cross were to be "adopted" by an undesirable group would they all have to be taken down because they are a dog-whistle for something else?
    The Confederate Battle Flag never stood for anything other than opposing the elimination of slavery. This is according to Mississippi's declaration of secession. It is quite a bit different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    That's the problem with symbolism. For example, in 50 years if something like the American flag or the sign of the cross were to be "adopted" by an undesirable group would they all have to be taken down because they are a dog-whistle for something else?
    Symbols do change over time. The same flags used in Jesus' time are no longer used. The world evolves.

there's nothing to say that in 200 years, something similar to the confederate flag can't be used again, but, as for now, it's offensive.

The Swastika used to be a positive symbol. Stuff changes. Realize that & change with it
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    In typical Mississippi fashion, our ?leaders? hang on to the past until ?They? force our hand. (I have often wondered who is behind that sinister organization named ?They?.) Anyway, it is all over but the shouting and now the Confederate imagery will be retired to its rightful place: a museum.

vCash
    Yeah I get the battle flag is different but the Sec/NCAA wasn’t specific - is the battle flag or ties to the confederacy? If the latter like we see with all the statues then other state flags have those ties as well.

Once again we need to change it but let’s be uniform in policy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Yeah I get the battle flag is different but the Sec/NCAA wasn’t specific - is the battle flag or ties to the confederacy? If the latter like we see with all the statues then other state flags have those ties as well.

Once again we need to change it but let’s be uniform in policy
    I see your point here. Unfortunately, the NCAA has called the "Confederate flag" as the battle flag of the army of northern virginia. Personally, I'd consider the national flags of the Confederacy (of which Georgia is basically flying right now as their state flag) would also go under this policy, it's pretty clear that the NCAA means the red flag with the diagonal blue cross and stars.

Source: https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...0white%20stars.
    Quote from the ESPN article "Mississippi is the only state affected by the policy change. It is the only state flag that continues to feature the banner of the Confederacy -- a blue cross with 13 white stars."

So while I disagree with the NCAA's naming of these flags, I think they're clear on what flag they mean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    This stinks, but we are already there. Every game will be littered with PC, protests, signs, kneeling, standing, boos, fingers, etc. We as a culture have reached a level of insanity I never thought possible. Not sure I even want to go even if virus is gone.

Get rid of flag, it will not change anything. We are in a spiritual and moral crisis in the country. We will either reverse our direction or devolve into complete anarchy. The heart of people is the root of the problem that only God can solve.
    AMEN! Rep given!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!