Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Official: No Baseball Regionals if We Keep Flag

vCash

It's Official: No Baseball Regionals if We Keep Flag

There has never been a more obvious political move in history yet I expect Mississippi to make this difficult.

[tweet2]1273996122814627840[/tweet2]
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Take that heritage and shove it up your @ss (not you specifically shotgun)

vCash
    I do wish the NCAA would pressure Georgia as well.

Conferate States of American Flag

Georgia State flag

vCash
    Tater just needs to walk outside and tell his henchmen to take the SOB down...problem resolved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I do wish the NCAA would pressure Georgia as well.

Conferate States of American Flag

....]
    GA, Bama, Florida..but we need to worry about us. we are the worst.

vCash
    Paging Skydawgs..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Paging Skydawgs..
    But but but our 13000 tickets....smdh.

vCash
    There was never any doubt that the NCAA would do this once the SEC did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    There was never any doubt that the NCAA would do this once the SEC did.
    Yep. This strong-armed push was always inevitable, because our state leaders were never going to do it themselves.

vCash
    If something is not done soon football season is going to be ugly for us and Ole Miss. Press conferences will have nothing to do with football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yep. This strong-armed push was always inevitable, because our state leaders were never going to do it themselves.
    It's sad it's come to that. I wish, just for once, Mississippi could do the right thing proactively instead of either doing nothing or being forced to change. It's why we're last in pretty much every statistical category.

I'm a proud Republican and Mississippian, but I am beyond embarrassed today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It's sad it's come to that. I wish, just for once, Mississippi could do the right thing proactively instead of either doing nothing or being forced to change. It's why we're last in pretty much every statistical category.

I'm a proud Republican and Mississippian, but I am beyond embarrassed today.
    This is correct, & it feeds into everything that happens in the state.

Mississippi has perhaps had the worst leadership of any state in America over it's history. Always weak & re-active rather than pro-active.

vCash
    This may give our politicians and out not to have a vote. Soccer and other fall teams in Mississippi can't wait for a vote in November. The flag already needs to be changed before then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    If something is not done soon football season is going to be ugly for us and Ole Miss. Press conferences will have nothing to do with football.
    This stinks, but we are already there. Every game will be littered with PC, protests, signs, kneeling, standing, boos, fingers, etc. We as a culture have reached a level of insanity I never thought possible. Not sure I even want to go even if virus is gone.

Get rid of flag, it will not change anything. We are in a spiritual and moral crisis in the country. We will either reverse our direction or devolve into complete anarchy. The heart of people is the root of the problem that only God can solve.

vCash
    Let's wait until the state government actually does anything before we make any assumptions that they will. You have to realize who you are dealing with here, this is not a governing body that has inspired a whole lot of trust over the years.

They could easily drag their feet on this and prolong it unnecessarily.

vCash
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/these-5-s...ls-their-flags

Interesting and makes it a bit odd that we're being singled out. Is it just because of use of the battle flag?

Georgia getting no pushback at all?

I think we should change it but if we're going to get hammered, I don't want to be singled out by the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post

Interesting and makes it a bit odd that we're being singled out. Is it just because of use of the battle flag?

I think we should change it but if we're going to get hammered, I don't want to be singled out by the SEC.
    Our flag is arguably more brazenly defiant/offensive in its design, I suppose. The fact we chose to include the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia in our state flag was meant to send a very clear signal. It is what it is.

I agree that it sucks to be singled out, but we need to worry about us...

vCash

While what you say does have some merit, it's important to remember that the Georgia flag has not been adopted by the KKK and other hate groups as a symbol of racial superiority

vCash
    I?m pretty damn conservative and don?t consider the flag to be racist. That said, some do and it is hurting the state (a state that already sucks hind tit in every way).

The majority of people that I see hollering at the top of their lungs about keeping the flag, I would consider backward as hell and have no real desire to improve themselves or their state.

In short, this isn?t the hill that I want to die on. I imagine they will get the flag and start pushing again in short order. I will decide when I have been pushed far enough and when we reach that point I will hoist my flag.

Let?s come up with a cool looking flag, make MS better, and host a bunch of super regionals.

vCash
    Is it just because of use of the battle flag?
    You have to admit that the "battle flag", as it's called, is decidedly more recognizable than any other image/insignia of the Confederacy to the majority of people. Plus, though there may be exceptions, I'm pretty sure it's the "battle flag" that is predominantly used by the various hate groups as a banner, not the CSA/Georgia flag.