Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So y'all ready to never see a regional at the Dude again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    So let me get this straight, because "THEY" might, sometime in the future, want to go too far in removing things, per the people that voted for it at the time, created "to exclude the Negro." and "to secure to the State of Mississippi, 'white supremacy'" and " to maintain white supremacy"? This is where you think we should draw the line? You want to support that?

More you want that to continue to define the State?

Quote below from the legislators that chose the Flag...
    Ouch. Yep, they were definitely thinking "hospitality state" when spewing that shit.

vCash
    Hosemann sent the flag resolution to the Senate Constitution committee where it will die. Our lawmakers are going to turn this into a ****ing circus and a huge embarrassment to the state. There will be more idiots like the Lowndes County supervisor interviewed and make us all look bad. Hopefully our MSU leaders speaking out against the flag will make our university look good. The state will spend millions it can't afford to fight about something that is going to eventually happen. Hell, if Tate Reeves waved a wand and changed the flag today he'd still get reelected. Mississippi Republicans aren't going to vote for a Democrat just because the Republican candidate pissed them off.

vCash
    Why penalize Miss State and ole miss because of the flag that the State uses? Both universities removed the state flag years ago didn’t they? The university doesn’t get to decide the state flag, so this makes no sense at all.
    Just for disclosure, I’m all for changing the flag because it’s obviously offensive to many people.

vCash
    I agree that the flag should have been taken down a while back. But Mississippi historically doesn't like change, any change, and is indifferent to prosperity. I hate the SJW movement, I hate liberals, I hate the revolutionary communist ideology, I hate the political system, but I also hate the good ol' boys club, and I hate division from within over an easy fix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Why penalize Miss State and ole miss because of the flag that the State uses? Both universities removed the state flag years ago didn’t they? The university doesn’t get to decide the state flag, so this makes no sense at all.
    Just for disclosure, I’m all for changing the flag because it’s obviously offensive to many people.
    It's not to penalize the universities, it's to penalize the state. The universities are collateral damage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Set your own personal feelings aside and you'll realize that MSU is going to be hurt and put at a real disadvantage in our two best sports (baseball and women's basketball) if the flag doesn't change. That is an objective fact regardless of where you stand on the flag issue.

I am a lifelong conservative who has generally been apathetic about the flag, I will admit. I am no doubt a flawed human being and perhaps my lack of care or interest in this issue has been another flaw of mine. But now it's at the point where my school is about to be put in a bad situation if change doesn't happen, and I really don't want to see us being put in a bad situation.

I have a lot of big problems with today's cancel culture and normally don't like it when people give in to the demands of the angry mob, but on this particular issue I'm willing to say that I don't think our current state flag is worth fighting to keep. I hope it's changed just so I don't have to hear or read about flag debates again in my lifetime. Keeping it is just not worth it to me.

Reply just to add that it is more than 2 sports. Softball, Tennis, and Track have also hosted NCAA events in the past several years.

vCash
    CHANGE the flag?

Well just think about it; Each and everyone, born of woman, must be born again.

Change is a must!

vCash
    We don't need to solely change it because we would be losing regionals and super regionals, but that's a pretty damn good reason to me. Tater Tot just needs to go ahead and make it happen. He'll more than make up for anyone he might lose by changing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Bullshit on all accounts. NCAA will NEVER deny 13,000 tickets sold. I don't care who you are. State is a rare money maker in baseball.
    Well it didn't take a day to prove you were wrong....

vCash
    Bullshit on all accounts. NCAA will NEVER deny 13,000 tickets sold. I don't care who you are. State is a rare money maker in baseball.
    /r/agedlikemilk

vCash
    Call your representatives and state/local leaders to push this issue ASAP. If all of us just sit around on a message board declaring that the flag will definitely be changed, that gives Tate Reeves and co. time to kick this can down the road (which will cost us money and prestige as a university in the long run). Don't let this issue slide.

vCash
    Bwahahha...the whore NCAA would never not host SR at the Dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    yep. shows what I know.

vCash
    Locked and loaded.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    The alumni association needs to start a petition to change the flag today. It should have been done years ago.
    I was going to say, it would be nice if a Mississippi faction led the charge to make this change. It's always a better look if the change is voluntary rather than only because you were forced to.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I was going to say, it would be nice if a Mississippi faction led the charge to make this change. It's always a better look if the change is voluntary rather than only because you were forced to.
    Exactly this. Everyone in America has been laughing at Mississippi for decades because of issues like this flag nonsense. Christ, Mississippi--take some damn initiative and lead for a change. Instead of waiting around for the National Guard to force these issues on the state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Because many people in Mississippi (and other states too) are obsessed with college sports to the point that reducing its availability will make some people change their minds, just to keep the ability to host post-season play. Sports are that important to many. It's kind of a "hit them where it hurts" type thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Exactly this. Everyone in America has been laughing at Mississippi for decades because of issues like this flag nonsense. Christ, Mississippi--take some damn initiative and lead for a change. Instead of waiting around for the National Guard to force these issues on the state.
    Preach!!!! Damn why must change be forced on ms. It's why businesses don't move here. Why the education isn't better.

It's beyond time for so much to change.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    & you're saying the flag is where we should put our foot down?
    No. The flag is stupid. Just do away with it and do not vote in a new one. And what is this foot I keep hearing about? The flag is 17n racist. End of story. I am embarrassed I am associated with it through being a mississippian.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Exactly this. Everyone in America has been laughing at Mississippi for decades.
    Pathetic. Oh no the sick people that have nearly destroyed all sense of normalcy and community in America have been laughing at us. Maybe it's time we laugh at them and stop worrying about going along with the worldview of the media and corporate America in so many facets of society.